+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC proof of funds explanation document format

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
As per CIC for CEC there are no funds required to show, but we have to write an explanation that we are applying under CEC. What is the format for this?

Anyone from outside Canada under CEC provided this explanation before instead of proof of funds?

tessa2105

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
As per CIC for CEC there are no funds required to show, but we have to write an explanation that we are applying under CEC. What is the format for this?

Anyone from outside Canada under CEC provided this explanation before instead of proof of funds?
If you are not wanting to be considered for FSW, just put $0 in the funds field in your application. You will not be prompted to provide a letter explaining your situation.

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
If you are not wanting to be considered for FSW, just put $0 in the funds field in your application. You will not be prompted to provide a letter explaining your situation.
I already got ITA under CEC.
In my application I kept 19500 as proof of funds, but thinking to put both funds not required explanation and safer side proof of funds as well. even though funds are not required, if I show funds as well thinking like my application will be stronger.

tessa2105

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
I already got ITA under CEC.
In my application I kept 19500 as proof of funds, but thinking to put both funds not required explanation and safer side proof of funds as well. even though funds are not required, if I show funds as well thinking like my application will be stronger.
Funds will make no difference to your application for CEC. It would make a difference if you wanted to be considered for FSW too. You can simply change your funds to $0 and not worry about submitting any additional document.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018

I wrote mine, scanned it with my LOE and pay stubs as one PDF and uploaded it. USE full forms, I just used short to type here. (Lazy me) :)

To
IRCC ( use full form)

Sub : Justification for not providing proof of 'Financial Support' under Canadian Exp. Class

Dear Sir/Madam.

I, NAME (UCI - 00000000), am writing this letter to kindly justify that I have been invited to apply for PR under CEC (App No. E000000000) under CEC and thus do not require to submit proof to support my finances.

I am hereby attaching a copy of my Empl. Letter and Salary Slips from my employer in Canada - Company Name.

Please feel free to contact me on my cell # 999-999-9999 or email ID - something@email.com for any questions.

Thanks and regards,
My signature
My full name

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
I wrote mine, scanned it with my LOE and pay stubs as one PDF and uploaded it. USE full forms, I just used short to type here. (Lazy me) :)

To
IRCC ( use full form)

Sub : Justification for not providing proof of 'Financial Support' under Canadian Exp. Class

Dear Sir/Madam.

I, NAME (UCI - 00000000), am writing this letter to kindly justify that I have been invited to apply for PR under CEC (App No. E000000000) under CEC and thus do not require to submit proof to support my finances.

I am hereby attaching a copy of my Empl. Letter and Salary Slips from my employer in Canada - Company Name.

Please feel free to contact me on my cell # 999-999-9999 or email ID - something@email.com for any questions.

Thanks and regards,
My signature
My full name
Thank you very much... I am currently outside Canada and dont have job offer, so I am thinking along with this letter I will provide proof of funds also for safer side.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The format is a letter. You cannot go wrong with a standard business letter format.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Funds will make no difference to your application for CEC. It would make a difference if you wanted to be considered for FSW too. You can simply change your funds to $0 and not worry about submitting any additional document.
That is not correct. I have seen applicants have their applications returned as incomplete for not providing this letter (AKA not following instructions). It is possible that some get by without problems, but why risk it when it takes 2 minutes to write a letter?

Reactions: MansiAP56

tessa2105

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
That is not correct. I have seen applicants have their applications returned as incomplete for not providing this letter (AKA not following instructions). It is possible that some get by without problems, but why risk it when it takes 2 minutes to write a letter?
If the applicant indicates some funds available in their application, then perhaps they should submit a letter. But I disagree that a letter is required for CEC despite the amount of declared funds. Otherwise the applicant is just creating extra work for themselves.

The OP said "if I show funds as well thinking like my application will be stronger." The amount of funds declared shouldn't make one's application stronger or weaker.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If the applicant indicates some funds available in their application, then perhaps they should submit a letter. But I disagree that a letter is required for CEC despite the amount of declared funds.

Well, unfortunately, IRCC makes the rules, not you. Providing the letter is just following instructions.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29
"The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

The purpose is that it alerts the person reviewing the application for completeness (who is probably not a VO and probably just following a checklist). This saves the applicant from having their application (mistakenly) refused for incompleteness. Not their fault, but a major hassle nonetheless.

tessa2105

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
The system does not ask for a proof of funds document if your declared funds was $0. If you declare another value, there will be a placeholder for proof of funds in which the applicant would upload a letter.

Reactions: A_D_cec

VVB

Aug 7, 2019
I uploaded a letter of explanation in a case-specific enquiry form as I did not notice the requirement when I submitted my application. I hope that is fine?

Thanks

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Maybe you should read this.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class

It's OK to not know things. But there is no need to misguide people.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Maybe you should read this.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class

It's OK to not know things. But there is no need to misguide people.
LOL.

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Please heed your own advice.

Reactions: csadangi and inq_54

A_D_cec

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
LOL.

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Please heed your own advice.
I was not asked for proof of funds in my application, maybe because I had set my available funds to zero in my EE profile. I am guessing that if you set your available funds to a certain number above zero you will be asked for proof of funds. Again, there is no harm in adding a letter of explanation, and in my opinion, the letter is a must if you qualify for multiple streams.