+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC | Profile Questions

Sid_rash

May 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am applying for the CEC Express Entry. I will be really thankful if you can please help me with the following questions:

1. WES Evaluation: Do I need to have my education credentials evaluated by WES if I don't need to claim points for it?

2. RCMP: I have received my PCC from my home country(India) but I have not applied for the RCMP police verification. Is it necessary for me to get the RCMP one too?

3. Job: I have got experience of 16 months(June 2020 to Sept 2021) in one job for which I would be claiming the points. I changed my job after that but after 3 months in the new job, I was offered better pay in my first job and I moved back to the first company. My experience would be:
Company A: June 2020 - Sept 2021 (Primary Occupation)
Company B: Sept 2021 - Nov 2021
Company A: Nov 2021 - Present
Is it okay to switch jobs like that and would it have any impact on the application?

Thank you in advance. Any help is much appreciated.

PaulAbhik23121989

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone,

I am applying for the CEC Express Entry. I will be really thankful if you can please help me with the following questions:

1. WES Evaluation: Do I need to have my education credentials evaluated by WES if I don't need to claim points for it?

2. RCMP: I have received my PCC from my home country(India) but I have not applied for the RCMP police verification. Is it necessary for me to get the RCMP one too?

3. Job: I have got experience of 16 months(June 2020 to Sept 2021) in one job for which I would be claiming the points. I changed my job after that but after 3 months in the new job, I was offered better pay in my first job and I moved back to the first company. My experience would be:
Company A: June 2020 - Sept 2021 (Primary Occupation)
Company B: Sept 2021 - Nov 2021
Company A: Nov 2021 - Present
Is it okay to switch jobs like that and would it have any impact on the application?

Thank you in advance. Any help is much appreciated.
1. WES Evaluation is optional under CEC unless you would want to increase your CRS score then WES can be done. Since there hasn't been any CEC draws yet because of the backlogs, there could be either an increase or decrease in the next CEC draws. So its upto you if you want to do WES Evaluation.

2. You don't RCMP police verification. IRCC asks for PCC.

3. I believe you are aware of one of the CEC Criteria is to have a Canadian Experience under NOC 0, A or B. If your mentioned jobs falls under NOC 0, A or B then you are good to go. Plus, you would require reference letters from your previous jobs and Notice of Assessment from CRA if you have done your taxes from your Company A.

Based on my experience, I shared what I was required to submit during my PR application process. I didn't have to do WES Evaluation as my CRS Score was higher than CEC Draw which happened in May 31 2021.

Sid_rash

May 22, 2020
1. WES Evaluation is optional under CEC unless you would want to increase your CRS score then WES can be done. Since there hasn't been any CEC draws yet because of the backlogs, there could be either an increase or decrease in the next CEC draws. So its upto you if you want to do WES Evaluation.

2. You don't RCMP police verification. IRCC asks for PCC.

3. I believe you are aware of one of the CEC Criteria is to have a Canadian Experience under NOC 0, A or B. If your mentioned jobs falls under NOC 0, A or B then you are good to go. Plus, you would require reference letters from your previous jobs and Notice of Assessment from CRA if you have done your taxes from your Company A.

Based on my experience, I shared what I was required to submit during my PR application process. I didn't have to do WES Evaluation as my CRS Score was higher than CEC Draw which happened in May 31 2021.
Thank you for your reply. Also, in my primary occupation, I got promoted so I had two titles in that job. I did ask the HR to include that I was hired at position X at XX salary and then promoted to position Y at YY salary effective from ZZ date. However the number of hours worked, type of employment(Full time), and roles and responsibilities have been mentioned only once in the letter. Is that okay or should I have got the letter to repete the roles and responsibilities and all other information twice for the two titles?

Thanks in advance.

PaulAbhik23121989

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Thank you for your reply. Also, in my primary occupation, I got promoted so I had two titles in that job. I did ask the HR to include that I was hired at position X at XX salary and then promoted to position Y at YY salary effective from ZZ date. However the number of hours worked, type of employment(Full time), and roles and responsibilities have been mentioned only once in the letter. Is that okay or should I have got the letter to repete the roles and responsibilities and all other information twice for the two titles?

Thanks in advance.
Its better to get two separate reference letter as both the jobs could fall into two different NOC codes with different job duties and responsibilities. You would also need to mention the NOC Code in your reference letters.