+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cec processing is on hold due to cvoid 19?

sukhvirsingh

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Category........
VISIT
NOC Code......
Anybody have an idea about the processing of permanent application under cec category.Is IRCC put the processing on hold due to cvoid 19?It has been more than 4 months and from very long time it is ip2 stage and i am worried about my application.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Anybody have an idea about the processing of permanent application under cec category.Is IRCC put the processing on hold due to cvoid 19?It has been more than 4 months and from very long time it is ip2 stage and i am worried about my application.
Buckle up, 4 months is nothing. You might end up waiting far beyond 6 months, I waitiled for 9 months and 1 day in total, without any updates for almost 7 months.

The fact that you don't see any updates on your account doesn't mean they are not updating and working on it.

IRCC hasn't stopped processing PR applications, I would expect delays, but they certainly won't stop processing.

Read the notices in their webpage.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Last edited:

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Working from home will put additional constraints on processing applications. Therefore, you may expect delays. CEC applicants can apply for the bridgework permit though.

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
IRCC twitted that they arre processing as usual and trying to avoid any delays. You probably can expect slight delays but it hasn't stopped. Check your junk mail too.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
These are for citizens of 3 countries only. They don't clarify what happens to the people waiting for their COPR and other stuff to be approved/issued.
If you only read the whole thing not just the first section.

If you are waiting for a final decision on your PR application, you just continue to wait until you hear from them as you were before the pandemic. Again, just read the whole thing.

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
These are for citizens of 3 countries only. They don't clarify what happens to the people waiting for their COPR and other stuff to be approved/issued.
I think, you are right. This page is for 3 countries.

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
If you only read the whole thing not just the first section.

If you are waiting for a final decision on your PR application, you just continue to wait until you hear from them as you were before the pandemic. Again, just read the whole thing.
I am waiting for my passport to be stamped at CPC Ottawa... I don't see anything about this in that announcement