+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC process - please share any experience & good advice here

krilee

Jul 2, 2018
Hi,

I am in the process of submitting my document and would appreciate any advice.

One of the things my friend suggested is to pay attention when making copies of your police certificates! They have to be in color! I have one from my country that had to be translated, so I will submit the original in color and attach the translation (which is black and white)

I read that it is ok for the police certificates to be older. I have 2 that are almost 1 year, and haven't been living in both countries for more than 6 months since then. Can someone confirm, that it is ok for police certificates to be older than 6 months?

Any other thing that you learnt during the application process, please share here. I will appreciate it and many members of this community. Thank you!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I read that it is ok for the police certificates to be older. I have 2 that are almost 1 year, and haven't been living in both countries for more than 6 months since then. Can someone confirm, that it is ok for police certificates to be older than 6 months?
The requirements are on the IRCC website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

If either of those PCCs were obtained before you left the country, you will likely need to get a new one.
- They are valid for 6 months only in your country of current residence
- If you are no longer a resident, you need to get the PCC after you leave the country.