Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for any advise you'll can give me.

I applied under CEC PR in Feb 2013 and after 17 months of holding my file they rejected me today which is very upsetting. I now have only 7 months remaining until my final work permit expires and I wont be able to renew it again since a person can work for only 4 years on work permit in Canada.
My new job position is in NOC A list. I just completed a full 1 year experience on Aug 6 2014 with this new job and also have a full time permanent job offer letter.
Should I apply under CEC again. Can someone tell me what is the current processing time for someone to receive his Medicals and then passport request for CEC?
I am in Canada still.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Winterfox said:
Hi Everyone,

I applied under CEC PR in Feb 2013 and after 17 months of holding my file they rejected me today which is very upsetting. I now have only 7 months remaining until my final work permit expires and I wont be able to renew it again since a person can work for only 4 years on work permit in Canada.
My new job position is in NOC A list. I just completed a full 1 year experience on Aug 6 2014 with this new job and also have a full time permanent job offer letter.
Should I apply under CEC again. Can someone tell me what is the current processing time for someone to receive his Medicals and then passport request for CEC?
I am in Canada still.

Thanks everyone

If it' ok, kindly let us know the reason for refusal so we can give suggestions. For instance, if you were rejected based on Language Skills then of course we'd say you need to re-take.

BTW, if you will re-apply, is your Language Test still valid?

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
MenicMonday said:
If it' ok, kindly let us know the reason for refusal so we can give suggestions. For instance, if you were rejected based on Language Skills then of course we'd say you need to re-take.

BTW, if you will re-apply, is your Language Test still valid?
Hi
Sorry about that.. i got rejected cos the VO said my work experience wasn't matching the NOC code duties etc .. tell me honestly how often has someones job duties matched so closely to the NOC code duties ?
My language test has 2 years validity right ? I gave it in Jan last year.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Winterfox said:
Hi
Sorry about that.. i got rejected cos the VO said my work experience wasn't matching the NOC code duties etc .. tell me honestly how often has someones job duties matched so closely to the NOC code duties ?
My language test has 2 years validity right ? I gave it in Jan last year.
Can you please provide exact mail content for refusal (if you feel comfortable).

Aslo You are saying you completed 1 year Work ext in Aug 2014 , do you mean under NOC A category you completed 1 year in aug 2014

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^No man, we feel bad for you...
Maybe you should talk to your Manager and discuss your role relative to the skilled NOC which you will use for your new submission. Then try to get a stronger reference this time.
It's possible you quoted a different number on the last application (mismatch).

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Even if it's a mismatch, can't the VO match it themselves to the one they believe is the correct NOC and go from there?

To OP: not sure but I think if you apply for CEC again with your NOC A experience (provided you met the requirements), you can apply for a bridging work permit once you get your AOR and it's within 4 months. Others correct me if I'm wrong

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
CEC_1304 said:
Can you please provide exact mail content for refusal (if you feel comfortable).

Aslo You are saying you completed 1 year Work ext in Aug 2014 , do you mean under NOC A category you completed 1 year in aug 2014
Yes I completed 1 full year in my new job on Aug 6 2014 under NOC A so if i apply again under CEC I will use this experience instead of the one I used in my rejected application.
Do you know the current timeline where medicals are being requested for CEC PR?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Winterfox said:
Yes I completed 1 full year in my new job on Aug 6 2014 under NOC A so if i apply again under CEC I will use this experience instead of the one I used in my rejected application.
Do you know the current timeline where medicals are being requested for CEC PR?
there is no specific guidelines for Medicals but from trends 5-6 months after getting AOR.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
I think you'll be good this time with the new application, assuming that was the NOC mismatch was the only issue from last time.
I got an MR after 8 months.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Winterfox said:
Hi Everyone,

I am in Canada still.

Thanks everyone
Very unfortunate buddy.

You can definitely re-apply, and this time look up your NOC code on HSRDC and find the duties. If possible, ask your employer to provide a reference letter that loosely resembles the duties provided. They should at least match 60% of what is listed on the website. The BOWP will be issued as long as you meet the requirements for it and you get your AOR.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
maniac2403 said:
Very unfortunate buddy.

You can definitely re-apply, and this time look up your NOC code on HSRDC and find the duties. If possible, ask your employer to provide a reference letter that loosely resembles the duties provided. They should at least match 60% of what is listed on the website. The BOWP will be issued as long as you meet the requirements for it and you get your AOR.
Maniac, CIC website states that a maximum a person can work on permit is 4 years after which he needs to go back to his country and this is my 4th and final permit which will end in March 2014. If CEC apps r being processed faster then I will and under 7 months (thats the time I have left) then i will apply under CEC immediately.

XanderZ

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 22, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 24, 2014
Med's Done....
May 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Winterfox said:
Hi Everyone,

I am in Canada still.

Thanks everyone
Hi first of all sorry that happened to you,
but I was just curious regarding your previous situation.. So CIC been holding your file for 17 months? did you get AOR / did Medical already during that 17 months period?

it just strike me weird if you got rejected with reason as you said previously after you did your medical.
"i got rejected cos the VO said my work experience wasn't matching the NOC code duties etc"
Isn't this case usually happen (rejected by this reason) before you even get the AOR?

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
XanderZ said:
Hi first of all sorry that happened to you,
but I was just curious regarding your previous situation.. So CIC been holding your file for 17 months? did you get AOR / did Medical already during that 17 months period?

it just strike me weird if you got rejected with reason as you said previously after you did your medical.
Isn't this case usually happen (rejected by this reason) before you even get the AOR?
All i got was the AOR back in March 2013 .. after that I didnt receive anything at all but just a reject email today.
My luck sucks bad

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Winterfox said:
Maniac, CIC website states that a maximum a person can work on permit is 4 years after which he needs to go back to his country and this is my 4th and final permit which will end in March 2014. If CEC apps r being processed faster then I will and under 7 months (thats the time I have left) then i will apply under CEC immediately.
I assume you mean March 2015.

If you look at OB523, which established the four-year limit for temporary foreign workers, you will find that PR applicants with a "positive selection decision or approval in principle" (that is, an AOR) may be granted a work permit despite having reached the four years.

Recently they foreshadowed a reduction in this limit from four years to two years (see http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/reform/restrict.shtml) but this would only apply to the lower-skilled occupations.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Winterfox said:
Look at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible/four-year-maximum.asp?s=2

Four year maximum is indeed correct, but exceptions for:

These categories or occupations are the exceptions for which a work permit can exceed the four-year limit:

NOC O and A (including spouses/dependants of these skilled temporary foreign workers)
LMO-exempt jobs under
International agreements
Canadian interests
Self-support
Humanitarian reasons
Jobs that do not need a work permit
Permanent resident applicants who have received a positive selection decision or approval in principle
Provincial nominees applying for an employer-specific work permit

EDIT - ^Looks like LPS beat me to the punch :D