+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC- post your messages who applied PR in June,2017

JimLarkin

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
I got my AOR on June 8th

Two months later the part saying I don't require a medical (lol) has updated to say I've passed the medical. The parts that said I don't require a background check (lol) has updated to say it's being processed. I didn't receive any message about this update even though it says they will message you if it changes.

Still no update on my BOWP, submitted at the same time.

Reactions: Tomi2 and jman25

abi-182

Jul 5, 2017
Thank you for your message !!! Iv just checked my application now and my medicals are passed :D. I didn't receive a message either! My background check is still processing.

AOR June 2nd
Meds Passed Aug 9th

Good Luck Everyone

Reactions: Tomi2 and jman25

JimLarkin

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
I don't understand why they say they'll msg you if they don't, or why it says you don't require things you've already been told you do.
entire system is terrible

abi-182

Jul 5, 2017
When I applied for my working holiday visa, I got an email saying that I had a message from CIC EVERY time there was a change on my application. I guess they don't do the same thing for PR.

JimLarkin

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
It's no wonder their shitty website is constantly going down if people are forced to actively check it to see if there have been any updates

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for your message !!! Iv just checked my application now and my medicals are passed :D. I didn't receive a message either! My background check is still processing.

AOR June 2nd
Meds Passed Aug 9th

Good Luck Everyone
That's awesome congrats!

Newbie2017

Aug 13, 2017
Friends,

Could any member confirm- if you have shown settlement fund while submitting your application under CEC?

Though CIC site clearly saying CEC stream applicants not required to show any settlement fund.

Appreciate more details on this please.

Thanks

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Friends,

Could any member confirm- if you have shown settlement fund while submitting your application under CEC?

Though CIC site clearly saying CEC stream applicants not required to show any settlement fund.

Appreciate more details on this please.

Thanks
I showed proof of funds by choice. My consultant informed me it was not necessary but if I think it will help my case then I can so I did...

JimLarkin

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
I showed proof of funds by choice. My consultant informed me it was not necessary but if I think it will help my case then I can so I did...
So they werent actually able to tell you whether it would help or not? Glad I didnt waste money on one of these scammers!

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
So they werent actually able to tell you whether it would help or not? Glad I didnt waste money on one of these scammers!
IF you READ the CIC website you would have seen that Proof of Funds is not a requirement for CEC applicants however if you as the applicant believe it will be helpful to your case then you can include that additional information.

So to answer your question the consultant advised that it will, in fact, be helpful to my case because evidence of funds where it is actually not needed simply highlights, even more, your eligibility for PR. I for one would definitely opt to unequivocally prove beyond the basic requirements that I am eligible for Permanent Residence if I can.

s747

May 11, 2017
June 20 AOR, still waiting for medicals to be updated...... any idea, what's the current date going on?