+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Police Certificate Wrong Details

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Hello All,

I submitted my PCC application couple of weeks back and when i checked today its status is showing as below:

Application StatusReturned
Document Details
#​
Document​
1 Incorrect date of expiry of passport
Remark:- - date of expiry does not match.

I think i filled in wrong passport expiry dates while submitting online application. What should i do know? Application status says 'RETURNED', does it mean that BLS has sent back the documents to me? If anyone has face similar issue, please let me know what should i do now?

Thanks,

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
BLS is full of foolish staff , not sure how does passport expiry matters when you have submitted original passport while applying, can be small typo which can be resolved at their end but as always they have to show some smartness .

where the hell in PCC passport expiry is mentioned. They have taken original passpor

Reactions: dgeorge

navdeep300

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hello All,

I submitted my PCC application couple of weeks back and when i checked today its status is showing as below:

Application StatusReturned
Document Details
#​
Document​
1Incorrect date of expiry of passport
Remark:-- date of expiry does not match.

I think i filled in wrong passport expiry dates while submitting online application. What should i do know? Application status says 'RETURNED', does it mean that BLS has sent back the documents to me? If anyone has face similar issue, please let me know what should i do now?

Thanks,
Hi, where did you checked the status shown above. I saw on BLS website and it says returned only. How can I know what is reason behind returning the application.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
May be call up those idiots and ask if you can send the scanned copy of form over mail. This should be ok.

anyways they are not going to accommodate but just try

deanj

Star Member
May 27, 2020
yup, now i am wondering what would be the next step from my side?
I had dated my dob incorrectly a couple of months ago, BLS sent me an email notification asking me to fill up a new form and send it to them via email. Hopefully you might get one too.

navdeep300

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
I had dated my dob incorrectly a couple of months ago, BLS sent me an email notification asking me to fill up a new form and send it to them via email. Hopefully you might get one too.
They returned my application saying, you printed out the document in Landscape mode and Your address on the form didn't match with your passport. Well their website prints the form in Landscape mode and if you make it portrait some of the words get shrink which is obviously not my fault, for the second one they simply could have asked me to send a new form Via Email. Now, I have to spend 60$ again on courier and on top of that, I will receive my documents on Tuesday and will courier it back on wednesday. And I am sure they aren't going to touch that courier for another week. In a nutshell, I will lose 2.5 weeks for PCC because of stupid people at BLS. One of my friend told me, BLS people will make you work hard for PCC and I am seeing that now.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
They returned my application saying, you printed out the document in Landscape mode and Your address on the form didn't match with your passport. Well their website prints the form in Landscape mode and if you make it portrait some of the words get shrink which is obviously not my fault, for the second one they simply could have asked me to send a new form Via Email. Now, I have to spend 60$ again on courier and on top of that, I will receive my documents on Tuesday and will courier it back on wednesday. And I am sure they aren't going to touch that courier for another week. In a nutshell, I will lose 2.5 weeks for PCC because of stupid people at BLS. One of my friend told me, BLS people will make you work hard for PCC and I am seeing that now.
BLS in Canada is not overall bad , but consists of some idiots collected from all across country and placed strategically so that people in need find them every time and they make life tough

They lack common sense and they understand well when you push them hard when you see them in person. For any queries they don’t take calls and people taking calls are even worse . It’s high time govt of india should replace them.

For instance any bills or bank statement received hard copy is original and acceptable but printed from online is copy and needs be notarized, entire world is after go green initiative and they want paper copies of bills and statements.

Last edited: