+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC: Police certificate question - Need help

Lucasmo117

Aug 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am now in the process of CEC application. As I previously worked in Hong Kong, CIC requested the certificate of no criminal record in Hong Kong. By the Hong Kong Police Force's policy, the authority mails the certificate directly to CIC instead of me. After consulting IRCC call centre, they advised me the address of case process centre where my case is processed. I provided the address to the Hong Kong Police Force and submitted an explanation letter with payment receipt in the online portal in which CIC provided when it requested the certificate.

After a few weeks, the Hong Kong Police Force informed me that they have mailed the certificate on May 23rd. I called IRCC today and was told that immigration officer has read the explanation letter and the system isn't able to show if they receive the certificate or not as of now.

Since it's been almost a month since the certificate was mailed to CIC, I suppose the certificate has arrived. I am a little concerned whether the certificate was lost somehow. I would appreciate it if anyone had similar experience before and could shed some lights on this matter. Thanks a lot.