+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Personal history chornological order

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Hi,

I was filling my personal history form online when I realised I had forgotten a period. Because the form does not let you re-arrange the rows, I would have to delete quite a few in order to insert the missing one at the right spot. This looks to me like an unnecessary hassle.

Because the instructions on the form only suggest to start with the most recent (this is not indicated as an absolute requirement), I figure this probably is not a huge deal.

Has anybody had any experience with submitting personal history not in chronological order? Was there any apparent consequences?

Thank you all for your time.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Yes I believe this is fine and likely what a lot of people do. After 2 years of ee if it was "wrong" then they would have changed the instructions.

I believe it may be a 50/50 submission rate of out of order and in order applications, especially as it is prepopulated with education and work history which I think a lot of people will be reluctant to delete.

Anyone else want to weigh in? Did you delete pre populated personal history? We're yours in exact order?

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
kryt0n said:
Yes I believe this is fine and likely what a lot of people do. After 2 years of ee if it was "wrong" then they would have changed the instructions.

I believe it may be a 50/50 submission rate of out of order and in order applications, especially as it is prepopulated with education and work history which I think a lot of people will be reluctant to delete.

Anyone else want to weigh in? Did you delete pre populated personal history? We're yours in exact order?
You make a good point, especially regarding the autofill. Besides, if the whole process is online, I sure hope they implemented the ability to order it by date ...

Thank you for your reply!