+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Overall Cap

shivamk

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

I want to apply under 1 year experience class. I finished Degree in Software Engineering last year in June 2013, started job 20th June and planning to apply for PR in mid July to give some room for 1 year experience. Please tell me if CAP would be full by then already? Anybody knows what happens with cap is full? They reject your application or keep it until new cap opens?

I saw their website, it already 50% full. May I ask, when does application open again?

Thanks
Shivam

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Please do not mislead people. The article does not talk about the cap not re-opening anymore. The overall cap has been re-set. We will all have to wait until April 26, 2014 to gather more details on the recent changes. And the article does not say that CIC will not be accepting CEC applications from January 2015. It does mention that this is the last time that applicants can apply under the existing immigration system. From January 2015, canadian immigration will move to Express entry. That's all that the article talks about.

Shivam,

Please wait until April 26, 2014 because that's when the full set of ministerial instructions will be out on Canada Gazette. If your occupation cap or the overall cap has been filled, then CIC will not accept applications for processing under CEC and in this case, they will return it to you. Again, please wait till April 26, 2014 to get all the details.

Pearl1 said:
No one can tell if cap will be full or not, it all depends on number of applications being applied all over the country.

Once the cap is full, they will not accept any new applications.

And the cap is not re opening any more. The new cap is already in place and they will not be accepting CEC applications from Jan 1st 2015
-- http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=841349&_ga=1.5842359.522273215.1394489358

shivamk

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Thanks man. Above comment scared me to death. I forgot to mention, but I've studied and worked in Canada only. And what exactly is going to happen after 26th April? Would I get no advantage of studying in Canada like CEC or something else?

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope1957 -- I am not misleading anyone. Please read below :

Quick facts
These are the last FSWP, FSTP and CEC applications that will be accepted under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015.
Application caps ensure that the immigration programs continue to address labour market needs and that backlogs are not created.
The latest FSWP occupation list was developed based on recent labour market data from Employment and Social Development Canada and input from the provinces and territories on regional labour market needs.
Canada's Economic Action Plan 2014 will invest $14 million over two years and $4.7 million per year ongoing to ensure the successful implementation of Express Entry.

Source --> http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=841349&_ga=1.5842359.522273215.1394489358

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Please help me understand how you concluded this from the article, "And the cap is not re opening any more. The new cap is already in place and they will not be accepting CEC applications from Jan 1st 2015." Unless my English is failing me, I have no idea what made you come to the above conclusion.

Furthermore, I merely reiterated what you had highlighted.

Pearl1 said:

Quick facts
These are the last FSWP, FSTP and CEC applications that will be accepted under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015.
Application caps ensure that the immigration programs continue to address labour market needs and that backlogs are not created.
The latest FSWP occupation list was developed based on recent labour market data from Employment and Social Development Canada and input from the provinces and territories on regional labour market needs.
Canada's Economic Action Plan 2014 will invest $14 million over two years and $4.7 million per year ongoing to ensure the successful implementation of Express Entry.

Source --> http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=841349&_ga=1.5842359.522273215.1394489358

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
On April 26, 2014 we will have more information on the recent changes to CEC. If you look at the current CEC, there's not really an advantage for someone who has studied in Canada. You just need to have the required work experience (for you, it should be after graduation) and you can apply under CEC. It's as simple as that.

shivamk said:
Thanks man. Above comment scared me to death. I forgot to mention, but I've studied and worked in Canada only. And what exactly is going to happen after 26th April? Would I get no advantage of studying in Canada like CEC or something else?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Pearl1 said:

Quick facts

As it says "under the current system", we already know there will be changes, but this doesn't necessarily mean that
CEC applications will not be accepted anymore, but there will be changes to the system like the changes made in January 2013.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help me understand how you concluded this from the article, "And the cap is not re opening any more. The new cap is already in place and they will not be accepting CEC applications from Jan 1st 2015." Unless my English is failing me, I have no idea what made you come to the above conclusion.

Furthermore, I merely reiterated what you had highlighted.
What do you conclude from "These are the last FSWP, FSTP and CEC applications that will be accepted under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015." ??

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Pearl1 said:
What do you conclude from "These are the last FSWP, FSTP and CEC applications that will be accepted under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015." ??

... under the current system. Simply wait for the new ministerial instructions and then we'll talk. For now we're all tapping in the dark making crazy guesses.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As it says "under the current system", we already know there will be changes, but this doesn't necessarily mean that
CEC applications will not be accepted anymore, but there will be changes to the system like the changes made in January 2013.
Do you have the information on what changes were made in Jan 2013, I just want to go through them ?

shivamk

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
But at-least I would be able to apply for CEC around July..right? Would it be a good idea to apply in July?

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
... under the current system. Simply wait for the new ministerial instructions and then we'll talk. For now we're all tapping in the dark making crazy guesses.
So, when it says "current system", does this mean only current cap which is applied ? And when it says "last FSW, FSTP and CEC applications" does it mean included under cap only, and not last applications in these categories ?

I hope I am concluding it wrong (fingers crossed), :-[ I am too worried about the recent changes made as CEC is the only hope :(

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Pearl1 said:
Do you have the information on what changes were made in Jan 2013, I just want to go through them ?
Before that there were two streams, one for students and one for workers. The minimum work experience
was also 24 months, not 12 months. Can't recall all the changes that were made, but these ones for sure.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Pearl1 said:
So, when it says "current system", does this mean only current cap which is applied ? And when it says "last FSW, FSTP and CEC applications" does it mean included under cap only, and not last applications in these categories ?

I hope I am concluding it wrong (fingers crossed), :-[ I am too worried about the recent changes made as CEC is the only hope :(
As of right now, I do not know. We will have to wait for the ministerial instructions and for the new
system to come in place beginning of next year. Then we will know how other immigration classes
are affected by the EOI.