+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Oh good for you. I was requested to give my medical exam again two months before expiry. Finished the reMeds and the test centre submitted. Passed the reMeds. No update after that.

What was the announcement last monday ? Anything specific for CEC Outlanders ?
The announcement that COPR holders are now allowed into Canada. Now the borders are open I they must start issuing PPR's to outland applicants.

Apr 14, 2019
Yesterday my medical was extended. It had expired on 26th May 2021, but logged in today to see it now shows passed on 27th June. Hoping PPR comes next.

Has anyone else had their medicals extended since they made the announcement last monday?
I feel that the IRCC is quite random in choosing which application needs a re-meds and which one only needs extension of medical, given that both applications have expired medical.

For example, in your case your medical expired but it got extended without needing you to re-take the medical. Meanwhile, in my case my medical expired and IRCC requested me to retake my medical.

To answer your question "Has anyone else had their medicals extended since they made the announcement last monday?". Then yes. My medical expired Dec 2020. The travel restriction lifted announcement was on June 21. IRCC requested me afterwards, on June 27, to re-take my medical.

Reactions: PepUrquin
Apr 14, 2019
Oh good for you. I was requested to give my medical exam again two months before expiry. Finished the reMeds and the test centre submitted. Passed the reMeds. No update after that.

What was the announcement last monday ? Anything specific for CEC Outlanders ?
Regarding this, could you please share your timeline for the below?
Finished the reMeds and the test centre submitted. --> On what date?
Passed the reMeds. --> On what date?
No update after that. --> How long has it been since you passed the reMeds and have not heard from IRCC for the next update?

The reason why I asked is because, normally without Covid, regarding my friend's application back in 2019 (pre-Covid), her passport request was 3 weeks after she was requested for a reMeds, and COPR comes 2 weeks after passport request. So total ~5 weeks after the reMeds request that she got the COPR.

However, in this Covid situation, it might be longer than 5 weeks I suppose.

Thanks for sharing.

PepUrquin

Jun 29, 2021
I feel that the IRCC is quite random in choosing which application needs a re-meds and which one only needs extension of medical, given that both applications have expired medical.

For example, in your case your medical expired but it got extended without needing you to re-take the medical. Meanwhile, in my case my medical expired and IRCC requested me to retake my medical.

To answer your question "Has anyone else had their medicals extended since they made the announcement last monday?". Then yes. My medical expired Dec 2020. The travel restriction lifted announcement was on June 21. IRCC requested me afterwards, on June 27, to re-take my medical.

Well that's interesting! My medical exam passed the one year mark in December, 2020, but I haven't heard anything from the IRCC about a re-med or an extension. I'm still listed as having passed the medicals in December, 2019. Random, indeed!

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
No update after that. --> How long has it been since you passed the reMeds and have not heard from IRCC for the next update?

The reason why I asked is because, normally without Covid, regarding my friend's application back in 2019 (pre-Covid), her passport request was 3 weeks after she was requested for a reMeds, and COPR comes 2 weeks after passport request. So total ~5 weeks after the reMeds request that she got the COPR.

Thanks for sharing.
hi @phuonglien.293 Got a reMed request on March 2nd week while I still had the existing one expiry till June 2021.
Gave the reMed test right away and got the profle updated as Meds passed again on around 3rd week of Mar 2021.
That's it nothing after that. Maybe I have to apply for GCMS notes to see what is actually going on.

I really hope they give an update to us atleast on the profile. I don't mind not getting the passport request delayed.
What about you ?

Reactions: phuonglien.293

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks for sharing.
I was asked to remed in Aug last year. Still waiting.

Apparently my application has been approved since that stage, but the remed request came before they began extending medicals. Passed both, no issues. Just first expired. Now I'm concerned they'll ask for a 3rd medical... all 3 within 2 years.

Henry95

Jul 14, 2020
I was asked to take a remed exam last weekend. I booked an appointment for this Thursday. Other than that, nothing has happened in the last couple of months.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Hi Everyone!

CEC outland here.
AOR 2020 October 19th
Med Passed: December 1st 2020
Biometrics: Exempt and were added to my file December 1st 2020

I have had no updates since then. I ordered GCMS notes 40 days ago also and still have not received a response. Last wednesday (23rd June) I received a ghost update and this tuesday (June 30th) I received another ghost update. hopefully this means things are moving along and its not just a system glitch.

**Edit**, this must have been my 5th Ghost update (I think one must have been system glitch from few months before) and i'm not sure if anyone got a ghost update yesterday as well since they were doing maintenance, so it could be also a glitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: shredder

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019

Apparently my application has been approved since that stage, but the remed request came before they began extending medicals. Passed both, no issues. Just first expired. Now I'm concerned they'll ask for a 3rd medical... all 3 within 2 years.
Yeah..exactly.! I wonder if I have to get ready for the third one as well! :eek: :D

Reactions: Luciana Garcia
Apr 14, 2019
hi @phuonglien.293 Got a reMed request on March 2nd week while I still had the existing one expiry till June 2021.
Gave the reMed test right away and got the profle updated as Meds passed again on around 3rd week of Mar 2021.
That's it nothing after that. Maybe I have to apply for GCMS notes to see what is actually going on.

I really hope they give an update to us atleast on the profile. I don't mind not getting the passport request delayed.
What about you ?
1. I got request for reMeds last weekend on June 27. Took the reMeds today June 30. Waiting for the system to update the status of my reMeds.

2. The thing is, we got requested for reMeds at DIFFERENT stage of Covid-19:
- For you, it was Mar 2021 when vaccination was not implemented as widely in Canada as it is now.
- For me, the request for my reMeds (1) came as vaccination in Canada has been quite popular with targeted community immunization. (2) Also, it came AFTER the travel restriction for COPR was lifted on June 21. IRCC said “Your application has come to a stage where a reMed is requested”.

3. So I am not sure if we can generalize all cases are the same.

4. Regarding GCMS, I think you should order it if you can. Since I am outside of Canada and assume you too, how do we proceed with GCMS could you pls advise? My understanding is that we need to have a Canadian PR/citizen to represent us and order the GCMS on behalf of us? Is there any agent that can do it for us?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tivativalu
Apr 14, 2019

Almost 1 year from when your reMed request was! From Aug 2020 to now end of June 2021! That is quite a long time especially when it was a reMeds which is supposed to signal an approval/COPR soon (in ~5 weeks for normal non-Covid case of my friend in 2019 as I stated in my previous post).

Apr 14, 2019
I was asked to take a remed exam last weekend. I booked an appointment for this Thursday. Other than that, nothing has happened in the last couple of months.
Same here. Got reMeds request last weekend on June 27.

Could you pls share your timeline? When did your first Med expire/hit the 1 year expiration date?

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Almost 1 year from when your reMed request was! From Aug 2020 to now end of June 2021! That is quite a long time especially when it was a reMeds which is supposed to signal an approval/COPR soon (in ~5 weeks for normal non-Covid case of my friend in 2019 as I stated in my previous post).
Yup. Exactly what I thought when they requested remed. And that does seem to be the case, but due to travel restrictions they withheld COPR.

I'm hoping they issue it soon, but also wouldn't be surprised if it slips through the cracks. If it takes much longer I would expect my medicals to be extended.

Apr 14, 2019
Yup. Exactly what I thought when they requested remed. And that does seem to be the case, but due to travel restrictions they withheld COPR.

I'm hoping they issue it soon, but also wouldn't be surprised if it slips through the cracks. If it takes much longer I would expect my medicals to be extended.
How did you know that your application has been approved since “that stage” you mentioned above?
Did you order an CGMS? If you did, was it worth it or was it the reason why you know your application was approved?