+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

Ankitha

Jun 25, 2019
Hey guys. AOr 21st july, status approved in gcms. Online it says decision in progress.
Added to cpco covid rfv group. Last updated on 8th March 2021
Primary office ottawa, secondary delhi.
My medicals expired on 6th May2021. No update yet.
Did they extend your medicals??

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
That's unfortunate bro and during this pandemic many others including me got stuck outside. But anyway lets have faith in the process and hope for the best!
My status was valid till may 2021. Due to family health reason I came to india last year and unable to go back due to covid and project reasons , so now waiting to get back.
Is the reason that you are stuck because of the recent travel ban on India or Pakistan or they are not allowing any work permit holders to get back to Canada? Please let me know. The reason I ask is that I need to travel to Iran soon and I've been getting mixed responses as to whether I can come back to Canada or not.

On the IRCC website, it says that workers can get back to Canada if they normally reside in Canada, even if they are laid off. That's why I'm curious to know why you weren't allowed to come back to Canada.

Last edited:

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
Is the reason that you are stuck because of the recent travel ban on India or Pakistan or they are not allowing any work permit holders to get back to Canada? Please let me know. The reason I ask is that I need to travel to Iran soon and I've been getting mixed responses as to whether I can come back to Canada or not.

On the IRCC website, it says that workers can get back to Canada if they normally reside in Canada, even if they are laid off. That's why I'm curious to know why you weren't allowed to come back to Canada.
Due to travel ban my organisation didn’t allow/recommended me to travel so stayed back. Now I am out of status as it’s expired . If you have a valid trv u can travel without problem , if there is no restrictions for your country (wp holders are in travel restrictions exemption category). Double check with my ircc

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Yes, finally some good news. I wonder how much time they need to clear all those backlogs... I can imagine there are quite a bit of work to do with all the outland applicants who've been approved but still waiting for the final stage - issuing the CoPR!