+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

devinakarsten

Star Member
Apr 4, 2021
AOR March 25th.
I completed a remed in Sept, and it seems everything was approved soonafter. No COPR yet, but I did receive an email last month asking me to complete a survey as I "recently received a decision on an application."

I was very honest with my feedback. lol
Did they ever call you to ask where are you located?
They did call my rep a couple of months ago asking where I am, seems like they put my application aside after they found out that I'm outland :(

When was your medical passed? Just wondering why you had to do a remed in Sept?

anukaran

Dec 21, 2014
Hello,

I'm also a CEC outland applicant. Thought I'd join this thread as this waiting period is getting frustrating.

AOR: 21 May 2020
Medical passed: July 2020
Biometrics: December 2020
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: In progress (as of 15 Jan 2021)
Security: Not Started (as of 15 Jan 2021)
Schedule A and travel history form requested in March 15th, submitted in the same week.
Ordered another GCMS note that should come in the next 1 week or so.

Is there anybody else whose AOR in May and still waiting?
Aor 21st May
cec outland. All passed but the file is not approved yet.
My medicals are expiring on May 10th.

Reactions: devinakarsten

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Did they ever call you to ask where are you located?
They did call my rep a couple of months ago asking where I am, seems like they put my application aside after they found out that I'm outland :(

When was your medical passed? Just wondering why you had to do a remed in Sept?
Nope. No phonecalls or emails. Nothing! My application profile shows my outland address.

I did an upfront medical and I had passed, but it expired during the lockdown. They requested a new medical before they started extending them for most applicants. 2nd medical completed in Sept and passed again.

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
You are welcome. These days it can take a bit longer 2-3 weeks to get a response back. All the best with the next steps.
Hello CEC Outlanders,

I am just about to submit a webform requesting for info about the sstatus of my application.
CEC Outalnd. Aug 13 AOR . Medicals Passed Twice Oct 2020 & Mar 2021. Three GUs.
Please let me know if this message is fine for submitting the webform.

Dear Officer,

Subject - Requesting for current status of PR Application and VisaOffice name.

I am writing this message requesting you to kindly let me know about the current status of our application. I understand that the processing times have been affected due to the pandemic. But since it has been about 8 months and exceeded normal processing times I would be grateful if you could let me know about the current Stages of our application i.e Eligibility ,Background and Security of both mine (STAR LORD) and that of my wife's. (GAMORA THANOS). Can you also please mention the name of the VisaOffice that is processing our Application?
Thanks in advance. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,
Star Lord
hi @caipsnotes @legalfalcon Got my webform reply.

It was a very generic replyjust saying: o_O
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

This was a real bummer. I ddint even got a reply about what Visa Office the application is being processed at. I sent the request exactly as mentioned above.
I wonder what others are writing to get a reply about stages and visa office.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

This was a real bummer. I ddint even got a reply about what Visa Office the application is being processed at. I sent the request exactly as mentioned above.
Give it another try and bullet point what you are looking for. Brevity is also key.

Reactions: Tivativalu

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021

Yes, I don't know who read these emails. I've been very very brief, even simply asking one question in my email regarding my criminality at one point. Their response was very much like yours.

I instead used one of those apps to call into canada and ask them instead, which was much faster that way of getting a reply. I have since been approved but can't do anything or even celebrate. My current job is on contract so my contract is ending in a couple weeks from now so I don't even know what I'm gonna do, whether to apply to another job here in Mexico or hope for Canada to open the borders at some point later this summer.

Reactions: Tivativalu

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
I don't understand the rationale - why do they process all the inland applicants first? They're here working anyways and they are not in a rush to get the approval. Outland applicants on the other hand have been waiting and their plans to move have been seriously affected by the serious delay in the process...
Yes I understand times are uncertain but they need be able to give us some sort of information or timeline. Very difficult living in such limbo for such a long period of time

rojomojo

May 18, 2020
Hi Guys,

I applied CEC Inland but in Jan 2021 I had to move my residence to my home country. I informed IRCC of the change in address so will my application be considered as OUTLAND now?
All the formalities have been done. Bio , Medical, Fees everything.
I am so confused.