+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

JumpStartMe

Mar 2, 2021
Hello, I am a CEC outland candidate, just looking to see if there are more like me 'cause, honestly, it feels like I am the only CEC outland candidate. Here's a little about my profile timeline:
AOR - 18th January, 2021
Medical Exam Passed - 9th February, 2021
Biometrics Requested - 9th February, 2021
Biometrics Provided - 2nd March, 2021

Does anyone know anything about COPR being issued to the CEC outland candidates? I know the FSW candidates haven't been receiving COPR even after the approval of their application.

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I'm outland cec too. Aor oct 26. Only medicals and biometrics passed. Criminality in progress.

I've come across maybe 3 or 4 others like us. One has eligibility recommended pass, aor in Oct. So i guess being outland doesn't affect that.

Reactions: JumpStartMe

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
I’m Outland cec also. AOR June 14 2020. No update in my profile since biometrics request however I order my CGMS notes and it looks like my application has been approved since October/ November 2020. With the current travel restrictions it looks they aren’t issuing COPR/ PPR to Outland applicants. So just playing the waiting game now...

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi there,

I am also outland. See my signature.
just one update: I called friday to CIC using one of those apps that gives you a local number and the guy on the phone had a thick french accent, but I was understanding is that my criminality passed and i think I may have also heard security as well. if that is so, then I would have passed all the stages. But like you, I am still waiting and i don't expect anything anytime soon.

MorningM

Mar 8, 2021
I’m Outland cec also. AOR June 14 2020. No update in my profile since biometrics request however I order my CGMS notes and it looks like my application has been approved since October/ November 2020. With the current travel restrictions it looks they aren’t issuing COPR/ PPR to Outland applicants. So just playing the waiting game now...
Same as me.
Also, I haven't heard anybody get a copr...
Is IRCC not issuing because of the travel restriction?
Can't we go to Canada even we have a copr ?

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Same as me.
Also, I haven't heard anybody get a copr...
Is IRCC not issuing because of the travel restriction?
Can't we go to Canada even we have a copr ?
I think that the only ones exempt, besides the ones who have COPR on or before March 18th 2020, are those that have family in Canada. For those of us outside, we'll have to wait. I really hope that once April 21 comes, we can all be able to travel

Reactions: MorningM

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
My bf is an outland CEC applicant - the 6-month mark expired just on Monday and there's nothing. No updates, nothing. I think even with CoPR people can't travel yet because before landing you're not a PR, thus you will be barred from entering the country. Not sure if getting a job offer will make a difference... My bf's AOR is Sept 8 2020. We're all hoping for the best. If the borders reopen some time in the summer everybody will be able to land. Hoping for the best. I really miss him.

Reactions: MorningM and PlUrb

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
CEC Outland here living in England.
  • AOR - 12th June 2020
  • Medical passed - 29th July 2020
  • Biometrics completed - 18th August 2020

Not heard anything since. Anxiously waiting for an update so I can rejoin my partner living out in AB.

Reactions: PlUrb and MorningM

deand21594

Oct 4, 2020
CEC outland applicant also.
  • AOR October 11th 2020
  • Medical passed December 2nd 2020
  • Biometrics completed December 8th 2020
Still a while to go I'd imagine

deand21594

Oct 4, 2020
Would you recommend ordering the CGMS notes?

MorningM

Mar 8, 2021
Hi.

Can we apply to other country's few months student visa while we are waiting for coPR ? I am so sick and tired of waiting and just nothing to do.

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi.

Can we apply to other country's few months student visa while we are waiting for coPR ? I am so sick and tired of waiting and just nothing to do.
I don't think it would be an issue. A student visa with another country and your PR process with Canada wouldn't and should not have any relation. i'd do it.

Reactions: MorningM