+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

Istanbul87

Nov 20, 2021
It took 3 weeks for me between I sent my passport to VFS and they returned it with the CoPR.
Hi,

Congratulations! I have a question to you. I am an outland CEC applicant and 3 weeks ago i received PR confirmation email, I replied back that i don't live in Canada. Have you also received that email? How did you react?

mdqueen

Aug 8, 2021
Hi,

Congratulations! I have a question to you. I am an outland CEC applicant and 3 weeks ago i received PR confirmation email, I replied back that i don't live in Canada. Have you also received that email? How did you react?
I received the request passport letter but it did not ask me if I was or not in Canada. I had 2 options A) follow the steps to send my passport to the Vac or
B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

Since I was abroad I just followed the steps to send my passport. I created my EE profile, completed my application and applied from outside Canada so there was no confussion on that. Maybe for some reason they think you are in Canada? not sure. Did they request your passport to be sent to the Vac? If so send it, you won't need to reply seeing you are not in Canada I believe. Hope this helps!

Istanbul87

Nov 20, 2021
I received the request passport letter but it did not ask me if I was or not in Canada. I had 2 options A) follow the steps to send my passport to the Vac or
B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

Since I was abroad I just followed the steps to send my passport. I created my EE profile, completed my application and applied from outside Canada so there was no confussion on that. Maybe for some reason they think you are in Canada? not sure. Did they request your passport to be sent to the Vac? If so send it, you won't need to reply seeing you are not in Canada I believe. Hope this helps!
I didn't received passport letter. Hope will get soon:confused:

SameerNazeer

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Hey! I landed yesterday in Toronto, everything was super smooth I just showed my CoPR and passport, signed it in front of the officer and she said I'll be getting my PR card within 2-3 months. She asked me how much money I was bringing or if it was over 12k cad but that was it. Pretty cool feeling when she said "ok, cool congrats you are a PR!"

Also, I thought they were gonna ask me more about my vaccine certificate but they did not pay too much of attention to that. I had a negative RT- PCR test and completed everything on ArriveCan.
Hi, Upon landing did the officers asked for Proof of funds? If not why did they asked for how much money you bringing to Canada and what was ur answer for that question? Please help as am planning to travel very soon.. Thanks

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Hey! I landed yesterday in Toronto, everything was super smooth I just showed my CoPR and passport, signed it in front of the officer and she said I'll be getting my PR card within 2-3 months. She asked me how much money I was bringing or if it was over 12k cad but that was it. Pretty cool feeling when she said "ok, cool congrats you are a PR!"

Also, I thought they were gonna ask me more about my vaccine certificate but they did not pay too much of attention to that. I had a negative RT- PCR test and completed everything on ArriveCan.
awesome congrats again and thanks for letting us know! :)

Reactions: mdqueen

arao94

Dec 4, 2021
Hello all,

I submitted my CEC (outland) application and got the AOR in Nov 2020. My medical and biometrics have been processed. So far I've just received a request for updated travel/work/address history in July 2021 which was submitted right away. How much longer can this take as it has been over a year? I've also applied for the visitor visa in Aug 2021 but still no luck. Also, should I request for the GCMS notes?

Any advice/guidance will be highly appreciated!

Thanks

mdqueen

Aug 8, 2021
Hi, Upon landing did the officers asked for Proof of funds? If not why did they asked for how much money you bringing to Canada and what was ur answer for that question? Please help as am planning to travel very soon.. Thanks
They didn't ask for Proof of funds. On my application I selected $0 on POF so no need to show them anything. They asked how much money I was carrying w me just like they ask to everyone that is entering the country. I told her the amount I got plus that I had a job offer to start working very soon and that was all.
Honestly it's a 3' interview, pretty easy! Good luck!

SameerNazeer

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
They didn't ask for Proof of funds. On my application I selected $0 on POF so no need to show them anything. They asked how much money I was carrying w me just like they ask to everyone that is entering the country. I told her the amount I got plus that I had a job offer to start working very soon and that was all.
Honestly it's a 3' interview, pretty easy! Good luck!
Thanks for ur reply..Also did u do covid testing on arrival in Canada?

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hey everyone! got my PPR today.

AOR 2020 october 19th
Med passed and biometrics attached to file: Dec 1st 2020
Medical extended 2021 Aug 19th
Portal email 2021 Aug 20th (emailed back to say im outside canada and no response)
just received an email that there is additional docs required so I logged into mycic and found the PPR!
Says on PPR that it may take up to 30 days to return my passport and also says I have 30 days to send them the passport.

tirumalasettyvikram

Apr 8, 2021
Guys, how many days does it usually take to get the Final Approval once all stages have passed? I called the IRCC call center and they confirmed that all stages or my application have passed and is waiting Final Approval.

devinakarsten

Star Member
Apr 4, 2021
Guys, how many days does it usually take to get the Final Approval once all stages have passed? I called the IRCC call center and they confirmed that all stages or my application have passed and is waiting Final Approval.
Hey, I wanna ask, when did you call IRCC? I'm wondering if they are now assisting application status update inquiry because everytime I call them for the last 3 months, they haven't been able to give me an update due to the Afghanistan crisis

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
hey everyone! got my PPR today.

AOR 2020 october 19th
Med passed and biometrics attached to file: Dec 1st 2020
Medical extended 2021 Aug 19th
Portal email 2021 Aug 20th (emailed back to say im outside canada and no response)
just received an email that there is additional docs required so I logged into mycic and found the PPR!
Says on PPR that it may take up to 30 days to return my passport and also says I have 30 days to send them the passport.
Wow! Congratulations @zm95 !!

• Love
Reactions: zm95

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
literally different form person to person. could be within a month, could be a year. is you application 2021? usually 2021 applications move much faster. my all stages passed was march 2021. i only finally got my ppr two days ago.

Reactions: tirumalasettyvikram