+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

dmc773

Sep 29, 2021
The system that is currently in place just isn't rational whatsoever. I can understand needing to hit targets and so approving inland applicants rapidly, however CEC and FSW who are already approved and just waiting PPR/COPR could be processed so quickly making that a moot point. We are only waiting on a document and a date, all the hard work has been done already. It's just not logical.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
The system that is currently in place just isn't rational whatsoever. I can understand needing to hit targets and so approving inland applicants rapidly, however CEC and FSW who are already approved and just waiting PPR/COPR could be processed so quickly making that a moot point. We are only waiting on a document and a date, all the hard work has been done already. It's just not logical.
I agree with you. It makes no sense to not clear the backlog, especially if they ask many people for remedicals and those take up their time and the candidates time to reprocess. In the end, they will get more landings if they clear the backlog of candidates waiting whos applications are in the last part.

Reactions: dmc773

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
So if they don't process within 6 months it's okay if you're forgotten about? lol
sadly it seems like they see it if they focus on clearing the backlog then they will be delayed on 2021 applications as well but hey, they gotta keep that 6 months standard and say "2019 and 2020 was a fluke due to covid". ya know.. its not like people's lives are on pause or anything :)

GusNic9

Oct 12, 2021
Guys, Can we collectively do something about this? Farfetched I know but just wanted to hear if anyone has any suggestion
I agree with this. Anyone I've explained the situation to says this is just so unfair and so wrong and it should be exposed to the general public. It's embarrassing for Canada.

Reactions: dmc773

chelab

Oct 13, 2021
Good for you congrats. Do you have dependent children on your application or your spouse only? Been waiting too hard here. Im losing hope. AOR April 9 all passed as per IRCC but till now no update. My dependents outland are our children.

chelab

Oct 13, 2021
Hi everyone

I received and information letter today .. what's the next step? anyone got this ?
CEC inland with Outland dependents
By the way AOR April 2, 2021

The processing of your application is almost complete. To move forward in processing, please refer to the instructions below to submit passports from your family member(s) abroad. IRCC will contact you soon with next steps. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our CPC Edmonton office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation.
STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.
Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.
2/5
STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at:
www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp
a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will
need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your
passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is
included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.
Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:
o You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary
residence visa or permit.
o You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A
and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to
Canada.
Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the
bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport;
there cannot be any loose pages.
b. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your
passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page
and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family
member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however,
will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at
least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s).
*** Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent resident visas cannot be
issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents. You must provide an ordinary
passport. ***
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together:
1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the
precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you
submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you.
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying
spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of
the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.
5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying
dependants
3/5
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.
A) To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).
Hello, I am a CEC outland candidate, just looking to see if there are more like me 'cause, honestly, it feels like I am the only CEC outland candidate. Here's a little about my profile timeline:
AOR - 18th January, 2021
Medical Exam Passed - 9th February, 2021
Biometrics Requested - 9th February, 2021
Biometrics Provided - 2nd March, 2021

Does anyone know anything about COPR being issued to the CEC outland candidates? I know the FSW candidates haven't been receiving COPR even after the approval of their application.
Good for you congrats. Do you have dependent children on your application or your spouse only? Been waiting too hard here. Im losing hope. AOR April 9 all passed as per IRCC but till now no update. My dependents outland are our children.

chelab

Oct 13, 2021
Hi, congrats. Are your dependents your children? I’ve been waiting for so long now. No final desicion yet. Coz my outland are minors.

dmc773

Sep 29, 2021
Guys, Can we collectively do something about this? Farfetched I know but just wanted to hear if anyone has any suggestion
The media has already got wind of this and did an article before, yet no real response or acknowledgement has been made by IRCC. I'm pretty sure Marco Mendicino just said 'we hear you'... Yeah right if you gave a f*ck you would take action then?

Ahmad KH

Jul 17, 2019
Hi guys, I have the below timeline as an outlander:
AR: Jan 24, 2020
AOR: March 4, 2020
PAL: August 4, 2020
Upfront Med: Dec 1, 2020
Med passed: Dec 31, 2020
Since that time no update and no re medical request also.
Who has the same or near timeline and still waiting?