+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC or OPNP with one year of Canadian experience?

ChipMark

Nov 15, 2017
Hi,

Currently I'm working on PGWP for one year which makes me eligible to apply for Express Entry under Canadian Experience Class. My points are very low(near about 350 with language test) when I calculated my points Under CRS tool. My points drop very low because of the age factor and having no foreign work experience.

I'm bit worried now what should I do even though I completed my two years education plus one year experience from Canada. Should I go for CEC or OPNP(Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program). MY PGWP is going to expire in Oct2019. I'll appreciate your advice and suggestion.

Thanks

haihai89

Nov 26, 2018
Hi,

Currently I'm working on PGWP for one year which makes me eligible to apply for Express Entry under Canadian Experience Class. My points are very low(near about 350 with language test) when I calculated my points Under CRS tool. My points drop very low because of the age factor and having no foreign work experience.

I'm bit worried now what should I do even though I completed my two years education plus one year experience from Canada. Should I go for CEC or OPNP(Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program). MY PGWP is going to expire in Oct2019. I'll appreciate your advice and suggestion.

Thanks
It's no brainer that you should apply under whatever stream of provincial nomination program that you are eligible. To be invited for PR under Express Entry, you need to have at least 430 points or 450+ to be safe.