+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC or FSW? Please help me!

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Hi guys. I am not sure what to do in my situation. I finished college in Canada and now started a job which falls under NOC B category. It's a part-time job, but I get full-time hours no problem and it will continue to be this way. At the same time based on my education, previous employment in my home country, IELTS etc I already have enough points to apply under EE and get an Invitation, but I believe under FSW category. At the moment I don't have enough Canadian experience, but I can apply under FSW from Canada. So I don't know if it's better to wait one year and then apply under CEC class? Will this increase approval chances? Please advise me. Thank you.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi guys. I am not sure what to do in my situation. I finished college in Canada and now started a job which falls under NOC B category. It's a part-time job, but I get full-time hours no problem and it will continue to be this way. At the same time based on my education, previous employment in my home country, IELTS etc I already have enough points to apply under EE and get an Invitation, but I believe under FSW category. At the moment I don't have enough Canadian experience, but I can apply under FSW from Canada. So I don't know if it's better to wait one year and then apply under CEC class? Will this increase approval chances? Please advise me. Thank you.
It doesn't matter under which programme you apply. As long as you have enough CRS points, receive an ITA, and complete your application correctly, the chances of being approved are the same for all programmes. Choose whichever option gives you the strongest likelihood of receiving an ITA (whichever option gives you the highest CRS Score), assuming you have the required settlement funds if that option is FSW.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
CEC does not increase your chances compared to FSW. These are independent programs targeted towards different demographics. You have the opportunity to apply under both. If you are already eligible for FSW but have to wait to gain enough Canadian experience for CEC, I do not see a point in waiting. I would suggest to go ahead and ally in FSW.

Reactions: yumirdci

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
It doesn't matter under which programme you apply. As long as you have enough CRS points, receive an ITA, and complete your application correctly, the chances of being approved are the same for all programmes. Choose whichever option gives you the strongest likelihood of receiving an ITA (whichever option gives you the highest CRS Score), assuming you have the required settlement funds if that option is FSW.
Thank you very much for your answer. Does the fact that I switched my career totally in Canada matter? For example from marketing in my home country to health field in Canada. If I apply under FSW I will have to show my marketing experience, but I won't continue this career in Canada, since I have already finished college here and am working in different field. Does this matter at all? Because I thought they give you PR under FSW program if you continue working in same field here in Canada.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you very much for your answer. Does the fact that I switched my career totally in Canada matter? For example from marketing in my home country to health field in Canada. If I apply under FSW I will have to show my marketing experience, but I won't continue this career in Canada, since I have already finished college here and am working in different field. Does this matter at all? Because I thought they give you PR under FSW program if you continue working in same field here in Canada.
You're free to pursue any career you want once you get permanent residency, whether that's a past career, your current career, or a completely new, unrelated career.
Generally, most applicants simply claim their 'primary' career as the career in which they have the most years of experience, for ease of application, and to maximize the points they can get for eligibility or CRS points when they are pursuing Express Entry (even though, really, you only need to have 1-year of continuous full-time experience in your primary NOC to satisfy eligibility, and then all of your other relevant experience is subsequently added together for points purposes), but it doesn't actually have any bearing on what career they will have to choose once they become a PR.
From a logical perspective, if IRCC cared whether you were going to work in a specific career when you received PR, the programme would probably provide preference to certain careers for which demand is greater, but this is not the case; the Express Entry programme really appears to be geared toward bringing in 'skilled' persons in general, regardless of what those skills are and whether they plan to use those skills in specific fields.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
YOU CANNOT CHOOSE, IRCC CRS SELECTS WHICH PROGRAM FOR YOU
Based on your answers to the question in the Express Entry profile IRCC suggests programs you qualify under and can apply. In his case CEC will not be suggested to him CEC until he completes his 1 year work experience in Canada but it will suggest FSW as he has experience outside backing it up, thus he asked question if he should wait for CEC or apply now under FSW in the first place.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Based on your answers to the question in the Express Entry profile IRCC suggests programs you qualify under and can apply. In his case CEC will not be suggested to him CEC until he completes his 1 year work experience in Canada but it will suggest FSW as he has experience outside backing it up, thus he asked question if he should wait for CEC or apply now under FSW in the first place.
So I should still claim my previous career as my primary one even though they know that I finished completely different program here in Canada and am now working in a completely different filed?