+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC or federal with job offer

Markus1

Dec 30, 2011
Hello,

I was wondering if should go with Canadian experience class or Federal skilled with job offer.
I qualify under both programs. I would apply from Wienna, as I'm currently working and living there.

Thank you for your help,

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markus1 said:
Hello,

I was wondering if should go with Canadian experience class or Federal skilled with job offer.
I qualify under both programs. I would apply from Wienna, as I'm currently working and living there.

Thank you for your help,
For CEC, you need to work for 12 months in Canada before you can apply.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Markus,

for the FSW eligibility, try this self-assessment tool out...can give you an idea where you stand. CEC is a no go if you have no experience in Canada, just like Johhny said.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp

Good luck...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Markus1 said:
Assuming you do qualify, the CEC applications are generally processed faster than FSW.

Markus1

Dec 30, 2011
Johnny31 said:
For CEC, you need to work for 12 months in Canada before you can apply.
I worked one year in canada,I was just wondering if there is any disadvantage going under CEC ,compared to federal skilled.Thanks

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markus1 said:
I worked one year in canada,I was just wondering if there is any disadvantage going under CEC ,compared to federal skilled.Thanks
Since I applied under CEC, I know that for CEC, you need to apply within a year of leaving your job in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

The process of CEC seems much more simpler than FSW program. The checklist for CEC is very straight forward and if you can provide everything they ask for, you should have no problem. There are people that has applied under FSW and they've waited for years and they still haven't gotten their PR.

Markus1

Dec 30, 2011
Johnny31 said:
Since I applied under CEC, I know that for CEC, you need to apply within a year of leaving your job in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

The process of CEC seems much more simpler than FSW program. The checklist for CEC is very straight forward and if you can provide everything they ask for, you should have no problem. There are people that has applied under FSW and they've waited for years and they still haven't gotten their PR.
Thanks,

Just wondering,why does it say under your message : I lie, I steal, I cheat

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markus1 said:
Thanks,

Just wondering,why does it say under your message : I lie, I steal, I cheat
Where I'm from, there is a saying "If you ain't cheating, your ain't trying". It means I will do everything it takes to achieve what I want.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That isn't always a good thing!

In relation to FSW vs CEC. If you meet the criteria, CEC tends to be the best route.

FSW applications have a whole lot of criteria. Whereas if you meet the requirements of CEC and your work experience is genuine, you pass!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
That isn't always a good thing!
Never pretend to be a saint. I do what I do, live how I want to live, and I take care of the ones I care about in my path of life.