+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - One Year Calculation

PavitraArora

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hi All

I was going through some of the old threads wherein it was mentioned that for calculating the One Year Canadian Experience CIC gives almost one month of benefit i.e. if,
Start Date of Work : Jan , 2019 , then on December 1st , 2019 , points equivalent to one year credit will get added to the profile.

Is my understanding correct.

PavitraArora

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for the Information. Another Query Please : I am trying to Claim 15 points for the "Relative/Sibling" in Canada. I am the primary Application and My Spouse's Real brother is in Canada on PR. When I updated the details , it did not change my Score.

Text from the CIC Site :

Additional points for candidates with siblings in Canada
The Express Entry system will begin awarding 15 points to candidates with siblings in Canada.
To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in Canada and is
18 years of age or older. The sibling in Canada must share a mother or father with the principal Express Entry applicant or their spouse or common-law partner. This relationship can be through blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption. Studies have shown that as newcomers build a new life in Canada, those with siblings benefit by having improved integration into Canadian society.

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Thanks for the Information. Another Query Please : I am trying to Claim 15 points for the "Relative/Sibling" in Canada. I am the primary Application and My Spouse's Real brother is in Canada on PR. When I updated the details , it did not change my Score.

Text from the CIC Site :

Additional points for candidates with siblings in Canada
The Express Entry system will begin awarding 15 points to candidates with siblings in Canada.
To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in Canada and is
18 years of age or older. The sibling in Canada must share a mother or father with the principal Express Entry applicant or their spouse or common-law partner. This relationship can be through blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption. Studies have shown that as newcomers build a new life in Canada, those with siblings benefit by having improved integration into Canadian society.
Have you tried logging out then logging in again? I had a similar issue when I uploaded my degree evaluation about a month ago-my score didn’t change until after almost 24 hours.

gauravohri16

Dec 19, 2019
Hi!
I hope ur application is going well.
I have one confusion regarding my experience under CEC if u can answer my query it would be a great help.
Question:
Does the full time work experience gained during implied status(study permit to PGWP) considered under CEC?