+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC on hold, PGWP expiring in July what should i do?

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Literally i am out of all the options i can think of. Is there anything I can do to stay employed in canada?

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
I'm in a similar situation, got a little more time left on my permit, but still. It's so frustrating. CEC looked like a surefire way to PR especially with a high score, but.... No draws. :(

I'm not sure what you have looked into so far, but maybe you can try looking at PNP programs (they're different for each province) and see if you may be eligible. Or you could try investigating the LMIA option through your employer.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes, every application aside but having a 500+ CRS score with expired PGWP is a different kind of sadness. Mine has just a few more days left and I don't know what to do. I am thinking of extending it without ITA so that I get a few more months to work until they process my application; I have already applied for a visitor record so when and if my PGWP extension is refused, I will be able to stay longer legally, at least. Also, I heard IRCC is giving 1-year extensions for people due to lack of draws, so, yeah.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Yes, every application aside but having a 500+ CRS score with expired PGWP is a different kind of sadness. Mine has just a few more days left and I don't know what to do. I am thinking of extending it without ITA so that I get a few more months to work until they process my application; I have already applied for a visitor record so when and if my PGWP extension is refused, I will be able to stay longer legally, at least. Also, I heard IRCC is giving 1-year extensions for people due to lack of draws, so, yeah.
How do u extend without Ita? Can u let me know how? Also what's that 1yr extension? Thank you I'm pretty desperate

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
How do u extend without Ita? Can u let me know how? Also what's that 1yr extension? Thank you I'm pretty desperate
When you're applying for an extension, select the option where it says you're eligible for a policy, but you gotta do this at the end of your work permit so that you will have 3-4 months of grace time to work until IRCC processes your application. Worst case (possible case), it gets rejected because you're not eligible, but when you're applying for WP, apply for a visitor record too, so that you can continue staying in Canada. Best case, IRCC approves your extension and provides you a 1-year extension (which some people say, has happened but I don't know, I haven't applied).

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
When you're applying for an extension, select the option where it says you're eligible for a policy, but you gotta do this at the end of your work permit so that you will have 3-4 months of grace time to work until IRCC processes your application. Worst case (possible case), it gets rejected because you're not eligible, but when you're applying for WP, apply for a visitor record too, so that you can continue staying in Canada. Best case, IRCC approves your extension and provides you a 1-year extension (which some people say, has happened but I don't know, I haven't applied).
Thank you so much for letting me know. True, I once extended pgwp online while they say do it on paper. But it worked. i guess they do consider the environments around. PLease let me know in few months what happens to you! My only hope is them coming out with a new sort of temporary program like last year for all the people in the same situation as us.

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
This situation is really painful. Imagine some CEC candidates with scores between 490 - 500 having to panic about losing their PGWP. This decision by IRCC was a poorly calculated one. However, I advise anyone with an expiring PWGP to go ahead and apply for an extension (BOWP) before their PGWP runs out. Do not forget to include a detailed LOE so that the processing officer understands your circumstances. Worse case you'll get a refusal which is likely - Best case you might get an extension who knows. You can continue working until a decision is made on your application.

In the event they resume draws and send you an ITA, you can go ahead and submit your PR application.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
This situation is really painful. Imagine some CEC candidates with scores between 490 - 500 having to panic about losing their PGWP. This decision by IRCC was a poorly calculated one. However, I advise anyone with an expiring PWGP to go ahead and apply for an extension (BOWP) before their PGWP runs out. Do not forget to include a detailed LOE so that the processing officer understands your circumstances. Worse case you'll get a refusal which is likely - Best case you might get an extension who knows. You can continue working until a decision is made on your application.

In the event they resume draws and send you an ITA, you can go ahead and submit your PR application.
My CRS is 526 mate! It really sucks

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
I'm in the exact same situation. CRS score of > 500, am eligible under both CEC and FSW, and - trying to see if PNP works out. Never ever thought I would be in this situation. There is just no certainty and it's so unsettling.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I'm in the exact same situation. CRS score of > 500, am eligible under both CEC and FSW, and - trying to see if PNP works out. Never ever thought I would be in this situation. There is just no certainty and it's so unsettling.
Yes, it sucks. Did you apply for AINP? What's your NOC?

Reactions: RobynCarpenter

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
Yes, it sucks. Did you apply for AINP? What's your NOC?
I did yeah, but just recently so haven't heard anything yet. My NOC is 1254.

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
With job offer or?
Yeah, only got the NOI after I had a job offer on my EE profile. So must have been some combination of NOC / job offer in AB / education that did it I guess

Reactions: Ryucnd