+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - October 2022 AOR ******

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023
I'm really hoping that, since security is done which supposedly is the last step, eligibility is at least recommended pass somewhere lol. I've read that in a couple sites, also saw a couple people saying that they called IRCC one time and eligibility was passed, and then called again days later and eligibility was not started :confused:
Where did you find the information about the steps?

immp23

Jan 30, 2023
Where did you find the information about the steps?
According to this link eligibility should be passed before security.
Before a security screening is initiated, an IRCC officer will first have to complete the eligibility review on any application for a temporary visa (work and study permits, visitor visas, temporary residence permits) or a permanent residence visa.
https://www.immigroup.com/topics/the-complete-guide-to-background-checks-security-screenings/

Reactions: sean468 and Joy_Lil

richard R

Jul 16, 2022
I have the similar timeline, Nov 4 AOR, background is completed (GU on Jan 31), Eligibility not started, Vancouver VO... I read somewhere that background check is only conducted if eligibility is at least recommended pass, so I'm not sure that the status remains not started until the visa officer finalizes the pass or not... Just keep waiting :D
Vancouver office, AOR nov 2nd, pr tracker said background passed on Jan 31st but eligibility not started...

Reactions: Joy_Lil

zanakam

Star Member
Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
CEC - Inland
Aor Oct 17th
Med passed - Aug 11th
BIO - completed (didn't need one)
had a bunch of GU, don't know how many
I looked up the new tracker status of IRCC, at Jan 31, 2023, my background check was completed, but then again on Feb 2nd, it went back to in progress !! does anyone knows something about this?!

Takita

May 12, 2021
CEC - Inland
Aor Oct 17th
Med passed - Aug 11th
BIO - completed (didn't need one)
had a bunch of GU, don't know how many
I looked up the new tracker status of IRCC, at Jan 31, 2023, my background check was completed, but then again on Feb 2nd, it went back to in progress !! does anyone knows something about this?!
Tracker gets updated weekly basis. Updated today. What does BG status show in Tracker?

Reactions: yenice

zanakam

Star Member
Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
Tracker gets updated weekly basis. Updated today. What does BG status show in Tracker?
Jan31, 2023: Background verification status has been updated to complete,
Feb03, 2023: Background verification status has been updated to In progress,

and that's the last one

Takita

May 12, 2021
Jan31, 2023: Background verification status has been updated to complete,
Feb03, 2023: Background verification status has been updated to In progress,

and that's the last one
Ok, That's under Application History. What does BG status show "In Progress" in Blue or "Completed" in Green?