+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** CEC - October 2021 - APPLICANTS TIMELINE ***

blitz123

May 26, 2022
Processing time has been updated to 14 months FYI lololol ;) I mean come on I'm not even mad now they should just change it to 999 years already

jitendrajitu

Aug 5, 2022
CEC Single Applicant:

AOR: Oct 5th, 2021
UCI/BIO: Nov 10rh, 2021
Eligibility: Waiting (Never updated on the IRCC site)
Medical: Feb 1th 2022 (Passed and gone same day)
Criminality: Passed (Not listed on the site)
Medical: June 10th, 2022 (Passed second time)
Portal Email: July 4th, 2022
Portal Credentials: July 5th, 2022
ECoPR: Waiting

Note: Please do not rely on the IRCC site and avoid the same mistake as me. My portal email was sent on June 13 and I did not know until yesterday when I got a letter from IRCC asking me to confirm some information. Check your email carefully an email should be there if you were approved.
my AOR is 6th Oct. How come I did not get any updates yet !!!

jitendrajitu

Aug 5, 2022
My AOR is 6th Oct 2021, Biometric was done in November 2021. No updates after that !!!!
Anyone else in the same boat ? While trying calling to IRCC, calls are never routed to an agent.

watermelonasa5

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
My AOR is 6th Oct 2021, Biometric was done in November 2021. No updates after that !!!!
Anyone else in the same boat ? While trying calling to IRCC, calls are never routed to an agent.
Yeah same here, aor oct 5, cec inland single
No update after medical and bio passed in nov, 2021

Dec 27, 2020
Can we apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit when your Eligibility is under review?
CEC Inland
ITA - 5th August 2021
AOR - 4th October 2021
Medical - Passed on 8th November 2021
No update after November 2021.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Can we apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit when your Eligibility is under review?
CEC Inland
ITA - 5th August 2021
AOR - 4th October 2021
Medical - Passed on 8th November 2021
No update after November 2021.
Yes, BOWP only requires AOR. You can also check in your AOR document that you received upon submission. It reads under the Bridging Open Work Permit section that "you may use this letter to apply for bridging open work permit…". It’s always a good idea to wait for the R10 (completeness check) stage, and, because you’re way past that, you’re good to go a head and apply. However, you can only apply for BOWP if you’re not living in Québec and not intending to work in Québec. Good Luck!

Reactions: RohanArunKumar
Dec 27, 2020
Yes, BOWP only requires AOR. You can also check in your AOR document that you received upon submission. It reads under the Bridging Open Work Permit section that "you may use this letter to apply for bridging open work permit…". It’s always a good idea to wait for the R10 (completeness check) stage, and, because you’re way past that, you’re good to go a head and apply. However, you can only apply for BOWP if you’re not living in Québec and not intending to work in Québec. Good Luck!
Hello, thanks for your reply.
I have submitted my application for Bridging Open Work Permit. How long does it take to receive a letter from IRCC on my GC Key stating that I can continue to work while my application is being processed?

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Hello, thanks for your reply.
I have submitted my application for Bridging Open Work Permit. How long does it take to receive a letter from IRCC on my GC Key stating that I can continue to work while my application is being processed?
You’re welcome. GoodLuck with your application. I am sure your PR application will receive a decision well before your BOWP.

It varies for the letter. For my family (dependents), it was the next day and it took 7 days for me (PA).

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Any updates for anyone from oct?
Nope!! I applied for GCMS notes 4th time last month that I received last week, no movement since Nov 2021, except that my medical has expired. I, however, saw a note on my file by someone at the Edmonton VO saying that "The application is in queue for the officer review and will be finalized according to the date order the application was received" in response to my one of the many inquiries via Webform. Not sure about everything, but this does confirm a hypothesis that the way the applications are being finalized since last couple of weeks, they are definitely following the date order for most applications, except for few random AORs last month. And if this is actually the case, we shouldn’t be too far as many fellows with AORs Sep 23-24 have already received portals. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: watermelonasa5