+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

Endthisplease

Apr 5, 2016
When they are "busy" you always get this message and they hang up on you
You simply need to keep trying
I personally found that calling later in the day before they close I can get through and speak with someone

Good luck
I see. Thank you!

elchivo83

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
So I just got my Ready for Visa email! BUT, I'm from a visa-exempt country! I thought you didn't get that email if you were. Did anyone else from a visa-exempt country get it? Is it the same email as everyone else? It starts like this:

"Dear :

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform CPC-Ottawa immediately by email to: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform CPC-Ottawa immediately at the email address above:

Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
Change in health;
You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number."

It then goes on to tell me about sending my passport (or in my case actually just a photocopy) and photos. Is this the standard email everyone gets? I'm a little confused as I wasn't expecting to get it at all! I thought I'd just get COPR through the mail.

enviousone

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016 (Sent 28-03-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2016
LANDED..........
14-05-2016
elchivo83 said:
So I just got my Ready for Visa email! BUT, I'm from a visa-exempt country! I thought you didn't get that email if you were. Did anyone else from a visa-exempt country get it? Is it the same email as everyone else? It starts like this:

"Dear :

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform CPC-Ottawa immediately by email to: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform CPC-Ottawa immediately at the email address above:

Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
Change in health;
You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number."

It then goes on to tell me about sending my passport (or in my case actually just a photocopy) and photos. Is this the standard email everyone gets? I'm a little confused as I wasn't expecting to get it at all! I thought I'd just get COPR through the mail.
Do you reside outside of Canada? I remember a few visa exempt people here getting this if residing outside of Canada.

elchivo83

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
enviousone said:
Do you reside outside of Canada? I remember a few visa exempt people here getting this if residing outside of Canada.
I do, yes. I reside in the UK, which, re-reading the email, seems to make sense, as the email address to inform them of any changes in circumstances seems to indicate it's based in London, and the address to send my documents is the Canadian High Commission in London.

Thanks for the reassurance!

agill

Feb 25, 2016
Need help guys. Last month cic requested for my RCMP check again (I submitted it originally with the application). But along with RCMP check they also asked for the bank statements for 2013 and 2014 to show the pay deposits from the employer. I have submitted both within 10 days of the request (April end). Call center agents confirmed cic has received the documents. Haven't heard back from cic after this.

Is it normal for cic to ask bank statements or this is something to worry about. October 14 applicant.

vanbc2015

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I think they are just reviewing and verifying your job. Did you provide pay stub and NOA before in the application?

agill said:
Need help guys. Last month cic requested for my RCMP check again (I submitted it originally with the application). But along with RCMP check they also asked for the bank statements for 2013 and 2014 to show the pay deposits from the employer. I have submitted both within 10 days of the request (April end). Call center agents confirmed cic has received the documents. Haven't heard back from cic after this.

Is it normal for cic to ask bank statements or this is something to worry about. October 14 applicant.

Jan 22, 2013
I don't understand why everyone is saying if you are from a visa exempt country you don't get the PPR email. I am from a visa exempt country I got the PPR email. The email has instructions for visa exempt people. Instead of mailing them my passport, I just had to mail them photocopies of my passport. I also had to send 2 photos.

agill

Feb 25, 2016
vanbc2015 said:
I think they are just reviewing and verifying your job. Did you provide pay stub and NOA before in the application?
Yes they requested NOA in March and i sent it same day.

Endthisplease

Apr 5, 2016
I don't understand why everyone is saying if you are from a visa exempt country you don't get the PPR email. I am from a visa exempt country I got the PPR email. The email has instructions for visa exempt people. Instead of mailing them my passport, I just had to mail them photocopies of my passport. I also had to send 2 photos.
Do you reside outside of Canada?

vanbc2015

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I just received my COPR in the mail!

App. received Oct 20, 2014
AOR Feb 19, 2015
MR Mar 22, 2016
RPRF Apr 19, 2016
DM Jun 4, 2016
COPR sent Jun 3, 2016
COPR received Jun 9, 2016

I hope everyone will get the final letter soon! Cheers!

Yuva2599

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
vanbc2015 said:
I just received my COPR in the mail!

App. received Oct 20, 2014
AOR Feb 19, 2015
MR Mar 22, 2016
RPRF Apr 19, 2016
DM Jun 4, 2016
COPR sent Jun 3, 2016
COPR received Jun 9, 2016

I hope everyone will get the final letter soon! Cheers!
My passport reached on Jun 8th... how long does it take for COPR..

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Yuva2599 said:
My passport reached on Jun 8th... how long does it take for COPR..
It is areound 2-3 weeks

Check this topic and update your info please

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-for-passport-please-add-your-case-here-t151428.5520.html

Yuva2599

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
madlouni said:
It is areound 2-3 weeks

Check this topic and update your info please

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-for-passport-please-add-your-case-here-t151428.5520.html
Thanks yarr..you are very prompt in doing this...

yaya2016

Star Member
Mar 14, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
AOR Received.
09-03-2018
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
08-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
I guess I am the only one waiting for RPRF, my work permit will expire in July, ME submitted on Apr 20, haven't hear anything back, should I start panic? What should I do? :'( :'( :'(