12-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016 (Sent 28-03-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2016
LANDED..........
14-05-2016
madlouni said:
I got my Notes yesterday (3rd set of notes :p)
Everything is passed

But not sure where some people are seeing RFV date?
I have a due date but that was May 5 :D! we are 20 days after that due date for I have no idea what...

Any way according to my MP office I should hear in June for PPR - Fingers crossed
Check your file location. It should say "RFV check

vanbc2015

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
When did you apply for the notes?

madlouni said:
I got my Notes yesterday (3rd set of notes :p)
Everything is passed

But not sure where some people are seeing RFV date?
I have a due date but that was May 5 :D! we are 20 days after that due date for I have no idea what...

Any way according to my MP office I should hear in June for PPR - Fingers crossed

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
enviousone said:
Check your file location. It should say "RFV check
Location on page 2 says "CEC pending" I don't know if this is where I should look
Under it it says due date May 5

But I applied for the notes in APril 27 so Before the due date.

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
vanbc2015 said:
When did you apply for the notes?
April 27 (as far as I remember)

mayanyunxiao

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
madlouni said:
April 27 (as far as I remember)
Which kind of message did you choose? I chose 'Verification of Status or Replacement of an Immigration Document file '
There is no my record. Please give me some ideas.

elchivo83

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Hoping someone can help me with an answer!

I'm in the UK waiting for my PR (UK citizen), but can I visit Canada on a tourist visa while I'm waiting? I haven't seen my girlfriend in over 7 months now, and God knows how much longer it's going to be.

I would obviously need to have return flights to satisfy the immigration person at the airport that I wasn't intending to remain without PR, but do you think it would be a problem other than that?

VitalyBogu

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-06-2016
elchivo83 said:
Hoping someone can help me with an answer!

I'm in the UK waiting for my PR (UK citizen), but can I visit Canada on a tourist visa while I'm waiting? I haven't seen my girlfriend in over 7 months now, and God knows how much longer it's going to be.

I would obviously need to have return flights to satisfy the immigration person at the airport that I wasn't intending to remain without PR, but do you think it would be a problem other than that?
No problem at all! You can come for a visit!
I was in Canada twice while I was waiting to get my PR

elchivo83

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
VitalyBogu said:
No problem at all! You can come for a visit!
I was in Canada twice while I was waiting to get my PR
Awesome! Did the immigration official ask you about your PR or why you were visiting? Did you have to prove you weren't planning on staying?

VitalyBogu

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-06-2016
elchivo83 said:
Awesome! Did the immigration official ask you about your PR or why you were visiting? Did you have to prove you weren't planning on staying?
No questions asked!
Two trips was for 3 weeks.
Probably if your trip will be for 3 or 4 month they will start to ask questions

KK11

Mar 21, 2016
4th line has been added in ECAS "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015".

irishchris87

May 13, 2015
Guys I've had a roller coaster time with this whole PR thing.

I'll tell you my story since there is no other news happening right now.

I applied for PR in October 2014. CIC received my application on October 20th 2014 (Soooooooooooooo lucky). I received confirmation in Feb 19th 2015. I applied for BOWP in march as my work permit was finished in April 1st. June I received an email to say they rejected BOWP as my passport photo never attached online so they rejected it based on an incomplete application. (I could rant about this for hours but I won't bore you all). I went home to Ireland and came back to Canada in Jan 2016 as a visitor hoping I was only a few weeks from getting PR (luckily my job allows me to work anywhere in the world with just my laptop).

In March 2016 (The day of my birthday) I received an email from CIC telling me my application was rejected because I was a contractor for the majority of my experience here in Canada. The next day I went and got a lawyer to represent me. He told me I had nothing to worry about and that he will file an appeal with the DOJ.

(Even though your company say you are a contractor for tax purposes you can actually be legally deemed an employee due to the relationship between you and the employer. e.g if you work in their building, they set your tasks and time, you are using their equipment, and you are not allowed to subcontract out the work. All this means you are legally deemed an employee)

Anyway, He filed the appeal with the DOJ in which I had to sign an affidavit. May 3rd I received an email from the DOJ saying that CIC had agreed to re-review my case. May 23rd I received the RPRF email. I paid immediately! May 25th they emailed me again requesting to do RCMP police checks as my old ones had expired. I went and did them immediately.

Now its a waiting game for them to receive the results and hopefully next stop ppr :)

cec2014kum

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
AUG 2016
irishchris87 said:
Guys I've had a roller coaster time with this whole PR thing.

I'll tell you my story since there is no other news happening right now.

I applied for PR in October 2014. CIC received my application on October 20th 2014 (Soooooooooooooo lucky). I received confirmation in Feb 19th 2015. I applied for BOWP in march as my work permit was finished in April 1st. June I received an email to say they rejected BOWP as my passport photo never attached online so they rejected it based on an incomplete application. (I could rant about this for hours but I won't bore you all). I went home to Ireland and came back to Canada in Jan 2016 as a visitor hoping I was only a few weeks from getting PR (luckily my job allows me to work anywhere in the world with just my laptop).

In March 2016 (The day of my birthday) I received an email from CIC telling me my application was rejected because I was a contractor for the majority of my experience here in Canada. The next day I went and got a lawyer to represent me. He told me I had nothing to worry about and that he will file an appeal with the DOJ.

(Even though your company say you are a contractor for tax purposes you can actually be legally deemed an employee due to the relationship between you and the employer. e.g if you work in their building, they set your tasks and time, you are using their equipment, and you are not allowed to subcontract out the work. All this means you are legally deemed an employee)

Anyway, He filed the appeal with the DOJ in which I had to sign an affidavit. May 3rd I received an email from the DOJ saying that CIC had agreed to re-review my case. May 23rd I received the RPRF email. I paid immediately! May 25th they emailed me again requesting to do RCMP police checks as my old ones had expired. I went and did them immediately.

Now its a waiting game for them to receive the results and hopefully next stop ppr :)

Whoa... You must got strong level of patients ;)

QQ

Do you mind providing few more details like procedure for appeal and how much would it cost approximately if you hire a lawyer to fight for you?

irishchris87

May 13, 2015
cec2014kum said:
Whoa... You must got strong level of patients ;)

QQ

Do you mind providing few more details like procedure for appeal and how much would it cost approximately if you hire a lawyer to fight for you?
Haha Well I came to Canada with nice brown hair....... Its now grey!

So In total it cost me $4000 for the lawyer I got. He has an amazing reputation and also win rate on appeals.

The process was I went to his office explained absolutely everything (I made an error in not photocopying my application so everything was from memory). We then went through and he said there has been previous cases like this regarding contracting and employee relations so precedence has been set. I gave him all the evidence I physically had. I signed the affidavit and he submitted the appeal electronically.

I received an email from my lawyer with a fax from the DOJ stating that CIC has agreed to re-review it. nearly a month later I received my RPRF and have communicated with CIC only since.

Now this is just my case. There are other cases that go to court in order to have the decision over turned. So I got very lucky because that can take up to an extra year.

cec2014kum

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
AUG 2016
irishchris87 said:
Haha Well I came to Canada with nice brown hair....... Its now grey!

So In total it cost me $4000 for the lawyer I got. He has an amazing reputation and also win rate on appeals.

The process was I went to his office explained absolutely everything (I made an error in not photocopying my application so everything was from memory). We then went through and he said there has been previous cases like this regarding contracting and employee relations so precedence has been set. I gave him all the evidence I physically had. I signed the affidavit and he submitted the appeal electronically.

I received an email from my lawyer with a fax from the DOJ stating that CIC has agreed to re-review it. nearly a month later I received my RPRF and have communicated with CIC only since.

Now this is just my case. There are other cases that go to court in order to have the decision over turned. So I got very lucky because that can take up to an extra year.

I would definitely call u a lucky person. Lets see how long they take on final decision. I am waiting for that too.