NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Oct 2014 - date they receive my application
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2015
psab2014 said:
Hi! Yes, I received the confirmation email from them 1 day after I submitted. The email was this one:

Dear XXXXXX,
The information you provided has been updated in our system.

Please be advised that no further action is required of you at this time. If additional documents are needed, an officer will be in touch with you shortly. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

Due to the high correspondence we receive, our office is not able to give you a status update at this time. We appreciate your patience and keeping correspondence with our office to a minimum and up to date. In order to process request efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa | Centre de Traitement des DemandeS – Ottawa – LA14800
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region | AC - Traitement centralisé
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
E-mail | Courriel : CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
shit I sent documents few minutes after request...and then few days later and never receive any confirmation;/

vikas2_j

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
09-06-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
I am Oct 20th Applicant received medical on 30th March 2016

psab2014

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2015
Med's Request
March 11, 2016
Med's Done....
March 17, 2016
Interview........
RPRF March 14 (upfront)
Passport Req..
waiting :o
mkocisz said:
*censored word* I sent documents few minutes after request...and then few days later and never receive any confirmation;/
I think I've seen people emailing them asking to confirm that they have received the documents. Did you try to email or call them after that? CIC agents are not being very helpful but there are some lucky applicants who get to talk to nice agents (eventually) :)

enviousone

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016 (Sent 28-03-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2016
LANDED..........
14-05-2016
Just logged into myCIC account and saw that my BOWP was approved (submitted Feb 17). Given how quickly it was done, it makes me think my PR app will be approved soon, and that the WP was approved to avoid refunding my application fee.

mkocisz

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sent to Sydney/ Requested CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2015
psab2014 said:
I think I've seen people emailing them asking to confirm that they have received the documents. Did you try to email or call them after that? CIC agents are not being very helpful but there are some lucky applicants who get to talk to nice agents (eventually) :)
i just emailed them for confrimation.
I called them 2days ago and they said that i have just wait...and when I said that in email there is '30days' to send the documents and that I need to know if the received them or not he said that he can't do anything;/

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
enviousone said:
Just logged into myCIC account and saw that my BOWP was approved (submitted Feb 17). Given how quickly it was done, it makes me think my PR app will be approved soon, and that the WP was approved to avoid refunding my application fee.
Been thinking exactly the same. I am waiting for a visa to be issued... I think, then they will proceed with the PR once this is completed. Makes sense. I logged into MyCIC and the status said "Updated" - the usual bug that reverts to Submitted when you return to the page. But apparently, somebody might be working on it.

psab2014

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2015
Med's Request
March 11, 2016
Med's Done....
March 17, 2016
Interview........
RPRF March 14 (upfront)
Passport Req..
waiting :o
mkocisz said:
I called them 2days ago and they said that i have just wait...and when I said that in email there is '30days' to send the documents and that I need to know if the received them or not he said that he can't do anything;/
Very frustrating... I never had luck with call centre.. :(

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
mkocisz said:
I did this once, too, and got a response later that my documents were received. But this was only one time because I did not receive the automatic response you usually get when you send them an email. I think, as long as you get the automatic response, you're on the safe side. However, better be safe than sorry and ask once more. What I don't like about the automatic response email is that you hardly ever know to which enquiry it applies, because it does not have your original message attached to it. That would be a point for improvement.

mkocisz

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
sent to Sydney/ Requested CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2015
psab2014 said:
Very frustrating... I never had luck with call centre.. :(
i sent an email..will give them time unitll Tuesday to update ECAS...
I have similar timeline to you...Oct 2nd, Doc request 10th of MArch , Med REquest 11th of MArch...,Meds done on 22nd...but no confirmation and no updates;/

GABB

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
12 feb 2015
Med's Request
11 apr 2016, medicals, RCMP, PCC, Schedule A
Interview........
august 24,2016
Hello !! Just got email from my lawyer that he had received my RCMP request yesterday!! Little happy to hear atleast something , did submitted my RCMP last year in April, gonna send it again..

AJ2015

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2014
Doc's Request.
30-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront 12-01-2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Just completed our landing at the CIC Etobicoke office. Had received the COPR on 15 March. Received an email on 18 March for landing appointment at CIC office for 1 April. It took us less than 25 mins and I was asked no documents other than passport and COPR letter. Applied SIN card at the same office.

All the best to all my fellow applicants for their PRs. May you all have a happy ending for this PR journey soon.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
enviousone said:
I also had another theory about this ... let's say, you do not get the visa / permit before you get the PR, it may also mean for some people that they were on implied or out of status, which may lead to complications at the border when activating your PR. It's a good thing that visas / permits are issued quickly before the finalization of the PR then to not get in this awkward situation.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
AJ2015 said:
Just completed our landing at the CIC Etobicoke office. Had received the COPR on 15 March. Received an email on 18 March for landing appointment at CIC office for 1 April. It took us less than 25 mins and I was asked no documents other than passport and COPR letter. Applied SIN card at the same office.

All the best to all my fellow applicants for their PRs. May you all have a happy ending for this PR journey soon.
What are the advantages & disadvantages of landing with local CIC offices, instead of traveling outside and re-entering Canada. I was told that, if you do landing at local CIC offices, you may not be able to bring in your household items duty free OR convert your savings if any in home country to Canadian $ without paying tax or having limits as to how much you bring in Canadian $. EVerything will be taxed, if you intend to do it post landing at local CIC office. Is that TRUE ?

AJ2015

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2014
Doc's Request.
30-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront 12-01-2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
MridulSharma said:
What are the advantages & disadvantages of landing with local CIC offices, instead of traveling outside and re-entering Canada. I was told that, if you do landing at local CIC offices, you may not be able to bring in your household items duty free OR convert your savings if any in home country to Canadian $ without paying tax or having limits as to how much you bring in Canadian $. EVerything will be taxed, if you intend to do it post landing at local CIC office. Is that TRUE ?
Local office landing is only for applicants already in Canada. Some people do flag polling at the U.S./Canada borders to get the landing done earlier ( as no appointment is required at the border) you can compare these two scenarios only; in-office landing is definitely hassle free. Bringing Duty free and currency from ur home country to Canada is for those who are outside Canada and for them in office landing is not applicable.

mayank35

Mar 30, 2016
masteronion said:
They received my application on October 6, 2014 and I have not yet received any update nor the medical request. The second line was added two weeks ago in ECAS and nothing happened.

Deeply in panic.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 6, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 10, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 11, 2015.

Is there anyone else in the same situation like me?
i applied on October 6th 2014 as well and got medical on march 9th did medical at 15th march now waiting for next step.
you should check your email and/or check with lawyer you hired.