na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Pearl1 said:
but your English language test is valid for 24 months, isn't it ?
yeah... but if you read the EE instructions they are requesting one from less than last 12months

jfes2015

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
No still no update.

I sent a 4th email (since March) with all the info they should need. Im just hoping they actually update it this time.

Im a little concerned as I looked at our medical sheets in detail and on it under category they have selected family, but I think it should have been economic as we are under CEC? If that is wrong I am going to go mad because I told the doctors what category we are applying under. I will let you know if anything gets updated.

How about you?

gaganpal_2007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Hello Everyone,

I am an CEC October applicant. My file reached CIC on 02 October 2015.

I received an ITA under express entry for FSW last Friday. I am also going to apply under FSW too.

I need to do my medicals for FSW. Can i use the same medical as the upfront medical for CEC? If yes, can someone please guide me the process of using one medical test for 2 applications.

vps2014

Dec 2, 2014
jfes2015 said:
No still no update.

I sent a 4th email (since March) with all the info they should need. Im just hoping they actually update it this time.

Im a little concerned as I looked at our medical sheets in detail and on it under category they have selected family, but I think it should have been economic as we are under CEC? If that is wrong I am going to go mad because I told the doctors what category we are applying under. I will let you know if anything gets updated.

How about you?
Same...My medicals also show category as Family-EDE. I think that is correct as i told them it is for PR.

Status not update. I called CIC today morning and they said that it will take 1 to 3 months to reflect in ECAS. They didnt even bother to ask my AOR number. :-[

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vps2014 said:
Same...My medicals also show category as Family-EDE. I think that is correct as i told them it is for PR.

Status not update. I called CIC today morning and they said that it will take 1 to 3 months to reflect in ECAS. They didnt even bother to ask my AOR number. :-[
hey,, where does it show medicals category ?

jfes2015

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
vps2014 said:

Yea its annoying, but hopefully it will all work out :)

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
Hi,

I did my medical about 1 month ago (as requested) and my IME is non EDE... Not sure what it means though, but I read in this forum that as CEC it should be non EDE (EDE would be for other categories). I might be wrong though.

vps2014

Dec 2, 2014
Pearl1 said:
hey,, where does it show medicals category ?
Doctor will provide a copy of "eMedical information sheet" to you to send it to CIC. That will show IME and Upfront Medical Type as FAMILY-EDE

preet72

Aug 15, 2012
i did upfront medical on jul/14/2015 but still no update either. if you call cic, they would simply say it could take up to 3 months to update and you don't see anything within 3 months, call back. no second line either on ecas

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vps2014 said:
Doctor will provide a copy of "eMedical information sheet" to you to send it to CIC. That will show IME and Upfront Medical Type as FAMILY-EDE
hmmm,,, mine is non EDE

i found this info online :

EDE clients are those who are exempted from assessment of excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.
However, EDE clients are assessed for
 Danger to public health
 Danger to public safety

Non-EDE clients are assessed for
 Excessive demand on the Canadian health care system

Refugee–Overseas clients are also EDE.
NB: Refugee-Overseas – Panel physicians must complete and submit the IMM 5544 Resettlement Needs Assessment Form.

NB: EDE clients include refugees, refugee claimants and certain family classes and individuals with protected person status

Source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
Pearl1 said:
hmmm,,, mine is non EDE

i found this info online :

EDE clients are those who are exempted from assessment of excessive demand on the Canadian health care system.
However, EDE clients are assessed for

Non-EDE clients are assessed for
 Excessive demand on the Canadian health care system

Refugee–Overseas clients are also EDE.
NB: Refugee-Overseas – Panel physicians must complete and submit the IMM 5544 Resettlement Needs Assessment Form.

NB: EDE clients include refugees, refugee claimants and certain family classes and individuals with protected person status

Source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf
Mines is Non EDE as well. I'm not worried about my medical. I believe you all are thinking too hard and stressing out for nothing.

vps2014

Dec 2, 2014
Lee587 said:
Mines is Non EDE as well. I'm not worried about my medical. I believe you all are thinking too hard and stressing out for nothing.
Yes... EDE or non-EDE doesnt matter alot.
Almost all tests are similar in these cases and the doctor is doing this for years... So chances of error is very less.

jfes2015

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
vps2014 said:
Yes... EDE or non-EDE doesnt matter alot.
Almost all tests are similar in these cases and the doctor is doing this for years... So chances of error is very less.
My bad guys, I feel like I've caused all of this conversation about the medical haha! I was just wondering that's all, im sure its all good especially as we all seem to have the same :)

gaganpal_2007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Hello everyone,

I did my upfront medical today. Shall I inform cic today.. Or shall I wait for few days as Doctor said he will take a week to upload my e medicals... As results for my blood, urine and x ray will take a week... Any thoughts? Shall I wait for a week or I inform cic today?