+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - November 2022 AOR ******

Dec 2, 2022
Hi,
I am CEC inland applicant with dependent spouse. We got our eCOPR on 8 March.
I am principal applicant. In my eCOPR, under dependent information, the answer to this questions "have you any dependants other than those listed below?" is NO and has my wife's details below it. This is correct.

However, in my wife's eCOPR (who is dependent), the answer to this question is YES and has my details below this questions.
But, she does not have any other dependent. Is this normal?

What should be the next steps, if this is incorrect?

tkhan270

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
I asked this from the agent and she said it's up to me because I do not have a remedical request from an officer. She didn't give a clear answer if it would affect the review of my file.
same issue, everything passed and medicals in progress, thinking of reaching out the MP office

Reactions: Miracle2018

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
AOR: Nov 25
BG: "In Progress" in tracker since Feb 28, 2 GUs - 1 from "We are processing" to "We will let you know when we start processing", 2 - from "We will let you know when we start processing" to "We are processing".
Eligibility: Completed
Bio: Completed
Medical: Completed

There was also 1 more GU on Feb 24 in between BG GUs for medical.

Never called IRCC.

Very frustrated with the process at this point. What might have affected the duration of BG check for me based on others' comments is the fact that I've had a lot of educational and working experience in US. I just can't.

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
I am beginning to think if your PVO is Ottawa and SVO is Sydney, you are stuck waiting (bg check not started in my case)
This is what I am thinking as well. After the massive approvals last month for PVO Ottawa and SVO Sydney, they stopped giving approvals. It seems like they are giving it out to applicants every month. The last time I saw approval for PVO Ottawa and SVO Sydney is Feb 16/17.

Reactions: agentorange_

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
This is what I am thinking as well. After the massive approvals last month for PVO Ottawa and SVO Sydney, they stopped giving approvals. It seems like they are giving it out to applicants every month. The last time I saw approval for PVO Ottawa and SVO Sydney is Feb 16/17.
Then we'll know soon if this logic is correct

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Idk, not gonna spend hours trying to reach IRCC to find out
You don't need to spend hours trying to reach IRCC. When I call it only takes me 10 mins before I get an appointment time.
Just call (888) 242-2100 - Press 2 (don't provide UCI) - then press 1-2-0 (when they talk about the refugee thing). Then provide your phone number so they can get back to you after 30-40mins (if you currently reside in Canada).