CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
At least it is saying that it is progress. My background check has not even started. I wish you good luck and I hope we get portal emails soon.
Hey, you know what? That tracker is... erm... not very reliable!

For some people, even after receivng the approval email from IRCC, their IRCC tracker still says:
Eligiblity - Not Started
Background - Not Started

So, all is just the waiting game. I stopped checking everything from Friday until today, I just checked and nothing new. So disappointed! = )

I hope good news come to us all soon!

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Try calling 18882422100,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2,1,2,0 around 8 AM and keep trying. I usually get through 8 to 10th time. Copy paste the number I posted, it will help you avoid the prompts and you will reach the customer agent in around 1 minute and 10 seconds.
I never got through to them. Maybe I need to get up early to call them at 8 LOL.

I called them several times between 9-11 AM EST and didn't succeed.

Akatorgi

Feb 21, 2023
Try calling 18882422100,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2,1,2,0 around 8 AM and keep trying. I usually get through 8 to 10th time. Copy paste the number I posted, it will help you avoid the prompts and you will reach the customer agent in around 1 minute and 10 seconds.
Thank you very much! are you saying to dial the number and then go with 2,1,2,0? isn't it option 2 in French? lol
Also aren't we supposed to reach a point on the call where we need to enter our UCI and Application number?

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Thank you very much! are you saying to dial the number and then go with 2,1,2,0? isn't it option 2 in French? lol
Also aren't we supposed to reach a point on the call where we need to enter our UCI and Application number?
No, option 2 is to say you don't have an UCI.

I tried this option multiple times but it didn't work for me. Maybe because I didn't call around 8. I called around 10 11 AM EST.

Akatorgi

Feb 21, 2023

I tried this option multiple times but it didn't work for me. Maybe because I didn't call around 8. I called around 10 11 AM EST.
[/QUOT

sounds good, will try that tomorrow.. so I go with the option of no UCI and then I give them all info when I'm in contact with an agent.

is that okay to do? lol

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Yep haha.
Call IRCC number then select these in sequence:

2 - No UCI
1 - Something about want to know your application status
2 - Want to update something
0 - Agent

Good luck!

VibinJoby

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
I recived another GU back to back but this time, my medical result shows as passed which is odd because i saw the same medicals passed on Nov 29 and then disappeared ever since.. Is this the same pattern others have seen as well?

pavani.rajesh

Nov 30, 2022
I recived another GU back to back but this time, my medical result shows as passed which is odd because i saw the same medicals passed on Nov 29 and then disappeared ever since.. Is this the same pattern others have seen as well?
My timeline matches yours and though I did not get any GU, I just logged into to my GC Key and saw the application in updated status, medicals had been updated and additional document required has been updated to not required (I submitted a document on 30th Nov, which was in review till date).
Just got off the phone with the agent and they mentioned everything is complete and only final decision pending. I have had zero GU's and ircc tracker has eligibility and background as not started.

VibinJoby

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
My timeline matches yours and though I did not get any GU, I just logged into to my GC Key and saw the application in updated status, medicals had been updated and additional document required has been updated to not required (I submitted a document on 30th Nov, which was in review till date).
Just got off the phone with the agent and they mentioned everything is complete and only final decision pending. I have had zero GU's and ircc tracker has eligibility and background as not started.
That’s good to hear, yes the IRCC tracker is not very reliable in terms of reflecting the GU updates

Reactions: pavani.rajesh

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
That’s good to hear, yes the IRCC tracker is not very reliable in terms of reflecting the GU updates
That depends on the VO. I heard that Ottawa updates the tracker pretty frequently and Edmonton rarely updates it.

Reactions: novemberrain

Peace2023

Star Member
Feb 14, 2023
CEC Inland
ITA:
November 9, 2022
AOR: November 29, 2022
Medical Passed: December 29, 2022
Biometrics Submitted: January 3, 2022
PVO - Ottawa (Till last week it was Sydney)
SVO - Sydney (Till last week it was Ottawa)
Eligibility - Passed (IRCC agent told me that I have passed eligibility and on IRCC tracker it says eligibility is Completed)
Info Sharing - Completed
Background - Not started yet (IRCC agent told me that the background has not started yet and on IRCC tracker it says NOT STARTED)

Why has my background check not started whereas there are people with AOR in December, 2022 who have already received their portal email?
My eligibility was passed on February 3, 2023 but there were no updates after it.
I’m in exactly the same situation with just only Background check says ‘not started’. AOR Nov 18. My VO’s also are the same and got swapped. How long does it take for CIO Sydney to at least trigger the background check to ‘in progress’?

sunny_28

Sep 20, 2020
No, just copy paste the whole thing and paste it on your keypad and dial. It will take care of all the prompts and will directly take you to customer care within 1 minute and 10 seconds. In case, the computer says that all our customer agents are busy then cut the call and paste this whole string as it is on keypad and dial again.

Reactions: hello2020

sunny_28

Sep 20, 2020
I’m in exactly the same situation with just only Background check says ‘not started’. AOR Nov 18. My VO’s also are the same and got swapped. How long does it take for CIO Sydney to at least trigger the background check to ‘in progress’?
No idea as my background check has also not started yet as per tracker, cic and ircc agent.