CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Does anyone know - Once eligibility is passed, how long for the background check?
I'm not sure about this. I have my Background check completed on Jan 31, and my Eligibility has been in progress. Not so sure how long each process takes.

Reactions: BarbJ

Akatorgi

Feb 21, 2023
Good Afternoon Guys! I'm a CEC Inland, got my AOR on Nov 8 and I recently started using the new tracker. I haven't seen any movement on my file for a while now (Since passing the medical exam on Nov 22) - Is there anyone who's going the same thing?
Also, the new tracker is showing Eligibility, Medical and Biometrics as Completed and Background verification as Not Started. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this note when clicking on Eligibility "We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class."
I'm not sure why a single CEC applicant would get that.

would appreciate your feedback!

CEC2023

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Good Afternoon Guys! I'm a CEC Inland, got my AOR on Nov 8 and I recently started using the new tracker. I haven't seen any movement on my file for a while now (Since passing the medical exam on Nov 22) - Is there anyone who's going the same thing?
Also, the new tracker is showing Eligibility, Medical and Biometrics as Completed and Background verification as Not Started. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this note when clicking on Eligibility "We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class."
I'm not sure why a single CEC applicant would get that.

would appreciate your feedback!
First, you are not having zero movements since medical as your Eligibility has already been completed. We have folks here with really untouched files since medical/bio and their Eligibility with Background have not started yet, and in some cases, Criminality and Info sharing are still in progress. So their files just got overlooked. i.e. assigned to inactive officer's account. We are all seeing a lot of bugs on this tracker including spouse class stuff as this tracker is not optimized for FSW/CEC/PNP streams.

Last edited:

SteffyC2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
Hi, I received an email from <IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> confirming PR and asking to update the portal. However, my CIC account still says my application is in progress. Is this typical?
AOR: Nov 4, 2022
If you are referring to the PR tracker, it is updated everyday working day, roughly at 8 AM EST (not official stuff). In my case, the tracker got update in the next working day at around 8 AM EST. It may be a speculation, but it was accurate for me.

Reactions: lak171194

Akatorgi

Feb 21, 2023
First, you are not having zero movements since medical as your Eligibility has already been completed. We have folks here with really untouched files since medical/bio and their Eligibility with Background have not started yet, and in some cases, Criminality and Info sharing are still in progress. So their files just got overlooked. i.e. assigned to inactive officer's account. We are all seeing a lot of bugs on this tracker including spouse class stuff as this tracker is not optimized for FSW/CEC/PNP streams.
Thanks for the reply! was just wondering if that makes the eligibility completed even legit.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
I don't think Medical is part of Eligibility, it's the R10 stage. Eligibility is about all of your submitted documents.

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
I have the same AOR and Background check date!

Now on the tracker, it said Eligibility: In Progress" and a few days ago, it was "Not Started". I think I will call IRCC this week to see if I can get more info on my application!
Vo?

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
called IRCC today (requested a call back, which I've received in 40 mins):

AOR Nov 24

Eligibility: Recommend Pass (Tracker shows In Progress)
Criminality: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress
Medical: Passed
Security: Not started

PVO: CPC Ottawa
SVO: CIO Sydney

Agent was very helpful and said everything looks good and they are finalizing my application.

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023

AOR Nov 24

Agent was very helpful and said everything looks good and they are finalizing my application.
BTW, my GCKey account has no GU for the Eligibility action! Probably I will be the one who receive portal mail with absolutely no GU on my account.

Reactions: novemberrain

durianwind

Feb 8, 2023
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-11-2022

AOR Nov 24

Please update us if you receive the portal email. My AOR is Nov 30 and everything is completed except for Background Check, it's been a while that way. Been waiting for an update.

Btw, what is the Background Check status in your application right now? Mine is "Your application is in progress".

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
Please update us if you receive the portal email. My AOR is Nov 30 and everything is completed except for Background Check, it's been a while that way. Been waiting for an update.

Btw, what is the Background Check status in your application right now? Mine is "Your application is in progress".
GCKey account: "we are processing your background check..." same status since AOR, no GU
Tracker: "Not Started"

A.aliii

Apr 9, 2022

AOR Nov 24

I have the same AOR and Same VO. last time I called they said Security and eligibility didn't start yet. Did you get a GU when your eligibility started?

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
BTW, my GCKey account has no GU for the Eligibility action! Probably I will be the one who receive portal mail with absolutely no GU on my account.
You did not get any GUs in your account? or is it possible you must have just missed them?