+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - November 2022 AOR ******

Stan_the_Man

Dec 1, 2022
Question:
Where do you see that medical is linked to the old med exam: in the Application Information or in the Details about your application status?

Bio linked last week, but still no update on the medical. Wonder, how long it might take

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
Question:
Where do you see that medical is linked to the old med exam: in the Application Information or in the Details about your application status?

Bio linked last week, but still no update on the medical. Wonder, how long it might take
do you check your account at least once a day? It’s possible that your medical is already passed. I’ve had my medical passed and bio linked on December 20 using expired medical from 2020, and on the next day the status changed back to “you do not need a medical exam” however the bio is still linked. It is highly possible that you have passed the R10 stage with medical passed. Don’t worry

Stan_the_Man

Dec 1, 2022
do you check your account at least once a day?
I check it every day. Rumor is, if they want to reject your application based on the missing/lacking docs, they do this before medical is passed. I have submitted all the docs except for PCC from China. Instead, I attached an LOE with 27 pages of attachments proving that it is barely possible to get one for me from outside of China. Now I am just anxiously waiting :/

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
I check it every day. Rumor is, if they want to reject your application based on the missing/lacking docs, they do this before medical is passed. I have submitted all the docs except for PCC from China. Instead, I attached an LOE with 27 pages of attachments proving that it is barely possible to get one for me from outside of China. Now I am just anxiously waiting :/
Your case will be complex since you are missing a PCC. The best case is they will have your application passed R10 and send you a ADR which gives you a 60-day grace period to have the PCC obtained. I am also a Chinese citizen in Canada, it only took a family member one trip to the notary public office to secure a PCC for me (with my ID and hukou booklet). They didn't even ask for a letter of authorization. Do you have friend/family in China who can help you with that? If all options are exhausted you can always try Taobao, they have ways to get anything from the notary public office using only a copy of your ID.

Stan_the_Man

Dec 1, 2022
Do you have friend/family in China who can help you with that? If all options are exhausted you can always try Taobao, they have ways to get anything from the notary public office using only a copy of your ID.
Sorry for the long read :) :

My case is a bit different. I am not a Chinese citizen. According to the guidelines of the local Entry/Exit Administrations of Municipal Bureaus of Security, I am not eligible to obtain some of the PCCs because I do not meet the 180-day requirement of staying in China.

Therefore,
2012/2013 - 266 days - Changchun, Jilin Province -- eligible for PCC from Changchun
2015/------- 8 days ---- Shanghai --------------- not eligible for PCC from Shanghai (I spent less than 180 days in Shanghai and do not meet visa requirements)
2017/2018 - 140 days - Beijing ------------------ not eligible for PCC from Beijing (I spent less than 180 days in Beijing and do not meet visa requirements)

There is a couple of agencies that could help me get a PCC from Changchun, but they are so slow in responding and in initiating the process of obtaining the certificate.
Could you please explain a bit more about how I could get it on Taobao?

Thank you! :)

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
Sorry for the long read :) :

My case is a bit different. I am not a Chinese citizen. According to the guidelines of the local Entry/Exit Administrations of Municipal Bureaus of Security, I am not eligible to obtain some of the PCCs because I do not meet the 180-day requirement of staying in China.

Therefore,
2012/2013 - 266 days - Changchun, Jilin Province -- eligible for PCC from Changchun
2015/------- 8 days ---- Shanghai --------------- not eligible for PCC from Shanghai (I spent less than 180 days in Shanghai and do not meet visa requirements)
2017/2018 - 140 days - Beijing ------------------ not eligible for PCC from Beijing (I spent less than 180 days in Beijing and do not meet visa requirements)

There is a couple of agencies that could help me get a PCC from Changchun, but they are so slow in responding and in initiating the process of obtaining the certificate.
Could you please explain a bit more about how I could get it on Taobao?

Thank you! :)
I don't know much about obtaining a PCC as a foreigner in China but I think a LOA is definitely needed. As far as I know it doesn't matter where do you get the PCC from as all of the notary offices can search the national database for records. The certificate will contain the words like "this is to certify that [your name] does not have criminal record in China up until [PCC issuance date]" so if you don't want to consult the guys from Taobao the best shot for you will be getting the PCC from Changchun (LOA, passport, proof of your former residence in China etc.).

The Taobao guys usually have connections in the notary offices but you still probably need a LOA. The PCC will be issued by the notary office they have connection with, which can be from any province so don't get surprised. I assume you can read/type Chinese, you can search taobao using terms like "无犯罪记录证明" there will be a ton of businesses doing that. Talk with them to see if they can get you one but you need to let them know that you are a non-Chinese citizen residing outside of China. Good luck!

Vonput

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I don't know much about obtaining a PCC as a foreigner in China but I think a LOA is definitely needed. As far as I know it doesn't matter where do you get the PCC from as all of the notary offices can search the national database for records. The certificate will contain the words like "this is to certify that [your name] does not have criminal record in China up until [PCC issuance date]" so if you don't want to consult the guys from Taobao the best shot for you will be getting the PCC from Changchun (LOA, passport, proof of your former residence in China etc.).

The Taobao guys usually have connections in the notary offices but you still probably need a LOA. The PCC will be issued by the notary office they have connection with, which can be from any province so don't get surprised. I assume you can read/type Chinese, you can search taobao using terms like "无犯罪记录证明" there will be a ton of businesses doing that. Talk with them to see if they can get you one but you need to let them know that you are a non-Chinese citizen residing outside of China. Good luck!
Damn that's hard

Stan_the_Man

Dec 1, 2022
The PCC will be issued by the notary office they have connection with, which can be from any province so don't get surprised. I assume you can read/type Chinese, you can search taobao using terms like "无犯罪记录证明" there will be a ton of businesses doing that. Talk with them to see if they can get you one but you need to let them know that you are a non-Chinese citizen residing outside of China. Good luck!
Thank you for your response! For foreigners, it's a whole different process. I will definitely check out Taobao.
I'll keep you guys updated. Ugh, what a ma fan :/

spencer1

May 12, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13th
File Transfer...
June 16th
Med's Done....