+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - November 2022 AOR ******

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Got through to IRCC this time WOW!
Basically everything is still in progress.
Eligibility: In progress
Background: In progress (Security: Passed, Criminality: In Progress)
Medical: Passed
Biometrics: In Progress

My Primary VO: Kitchener
Secondary VO: Vancouver

I'm quite sure that I was assigned to Vancouver VO first then re-assigned to Kitchener.

Hmm, I'll wait on the CBSA for more information!
You getting through to IRCC gave me some motivation to try myself. God knows how many times I called them but I go through this morning:

Eligibility: Complete
Background: In progress (Security: Not Started, Criminality: In Progress)
Biometrics: In Progress (But shows complete on Portal?)

PVO: Ottawa
SVO: Sydney, NS

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
You getting through to IRCC gave me some motivation to try myself. God knows how many times I called them but I go through this morning:

YAY! I'm glad! Trust me, I know the feeling too well! Yesterday was also my first time talking to them.
Eligibility is the hardest part, and it is completed, so I think you are good there.
Fingers crossed for us to get through this awful waiting period!

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

v546

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I am kind of in a similar situation and there are a lot more people in the same situation based on posts from few days ago.

AOR: Nov 18, 2022
MEP + Biometrics: Dec 05, 2022
No updates on GC Key after that.
New tracker:
  • Medical: Complete
  • Biometrics: Complete
  • Eligibility: Not started
  • Background Verification: Not started
One new thing I saw today on the tracker was, there is a new entry in the history with remark "We received your enquiry." on Feb 13.
Probably because of the call that I made that day.

Called IRCC on Feb 13.
  • VO: Ottawa
  • Criminality: Complete
  • Eligibility & Backgorund Check: Not started

Still in the same situation. No updates since 05 Dec 2022.

My passport is about to expire in May 2023 and I recently got a new one. Is it a good idea to submit the new passport through webform or wait for IRCC to ask for Additional Documents if and when they need it.

Has anyone been in the same situation or know anyone with similar experience?

Last edited:
Reactions: kasra545

Peace2023

Star Member
Feb 14, 2023

Medical: Passed (tracker: completed)

Same here:
Eligibility: passed (tracker: completed)
Criminality: in progress (tracker BGv: not started)
Security: not started
Info sharing: complete
Medical: passed
Biometrics: passed (tracker: completed)
PVO: OSC
SVO: CIO
Seems that I’m sitting in a queue waiting someone to trigger my BG verification. How long is the wait no idea…

Reactions: kasra545

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Same here:
Eligibility: passed (tracker: completed)
Criminality: in progress (tracker BGv: not started)
Security: not started
Info sharing: complete
Medical: passed
Biometrics: passed (tracker: completed)
PVO: OSC
SVO: CIO
Seems that I’m sitting in a queue waiting someone to trigger my BG verification. How long is the wait no idea…
Looks like you and I are almost identical

Reactions: Peace2023

Akatorgi

Feb 21, 2023

I'm also Ottawa with Nov 8 AOR. yesterday IRCC confirmed everything is passed so it should be quick in your case too I guess. I had Security not started last week and yesterday it was passed.

Reactions: novemberrain

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016

Hi. What's the status of your Background Check on your GCKey? Is it "We are processing" or "Your application is in progress"?

Sandeep29

Jun 21, 2021
Still in the same situation. No updates since 05 Dec 2022.

My passport is about to expire in Many 2023 and I recently got a new one. Is it a good idea to submit the new passport through webform or wait for IRCC to ask for Additional Documents if and when they need it.

Has anyone been in the same situation or know anyone with similar experience?
I had my passport renewed for my daughter and sent the same to IRCC through the WebForm. The sooner the better.

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Oh greetings my fellow Nov 17/18 Sydney NS brother. I am starting to notice a trend. I am still at "We are processing"
Hello! That's a good thing, I guess? Since "We are processing" means they are working on your Background Check already.
My background check was not started since January 27. I have 0 updates since I receive an RPRF Request Letter on January 26 which is so frustrating. :(

Peace2023

Star Member
Feb 14, 2023
Oh greetings my fellow Nov 17/18 Sydney NS brother. I am starting to notice a trend. I am still at "We are processing"
My Eligibility passed on Feb 21 and since then (GU) my BGC in GCkey says: “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”
From what I read on this forum they haven’t started yet my background check as this should go back to ”We are processing…” at that time. Why it’s taking so long for inland’s I don’t understand.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
My Eligibility passed on Feb 21 and since then (GU) my BGC in GCkey says: “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”
From what I read on this forum they haven’t been started yet my background check as this should go back to ”We are processing…” at that time. Why it’s taking so long for inland’s I don’t understand.
Hello! That's a good thing, I guess? Since "We are processing" means they are working on your Background Check already.
My background check was not started since January 27. I have 0 updates since I receive an RPRF Request Letter on January 26 which is so frustrating. :(
No clue guys, best not to look too deep into this, we'll just pull our hair out. Good things are these:
1. I saw some guy recently getting approved from Sydney VO so hopefully that means there will be some movement
2. We are all on a similar boat, so at least we know that its the VO that's the issue not any of our apps getting stuck somewhere individually