+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - November 2022 AOR ******

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Wow seems like a lot of us got "In Progress" Background Verification now on the tracker. A good sign, I guess?

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
My background verification on my tracker changed from Not Started to In Progress. Anyone who experienced the same? Does it mean Security is In Progress or Passed?
Mine changed to in progress on March 6th and IRCC confirmed that's when my security started. No updates since March 6

Last edited:

Jane_Daphne

Mar 22, 2023
Wow seems like a lot of us got "In Progress" Background Verification now on the tracker. A good sign, I guess?
feels like IRCC did a batch update today and change almost everyone's bg to "In progress" today.
maybe they just started to change bg to "In progress" as long as criminality begins, which begins as soon as r10 completes.

CEC2023

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Seems that we're having a similar timeline stuck in Security for some reason... as well as @ktakhan @v546 @sdCan
A couple of weeks ago got a GU with ADR and my BGC changed back from "Your application is in progress..." to "We are processing your background check..." and nothing since then. In the tracker, BGC is still showing 'not started', i.e. Security is pending (told by agent 'not started')
AOR Nov 17, OSC/CIO
On top of that, they're going on the official 60-day payable strike tomorrow, so no decision is anytime soon, unfortunately.
UPD
Caught a GU today. Called IRCC and was told that everything is passed, wait for the portal confirmation email.

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
feels like IRCC did a batch update today and change almost everyone's bg to "In progress" today.
maybe they just started to change bg to "In progress" as long as criminality begins, which begins as soon as r10 completes.
My Criminality is Passed already, maybe mine is Security In Progress or Passed. Have to call IRCC regarding this.

Jane_Daphne

Mar 22, 2023
My Criminality is Passed already, maybe mine is Security In Progress or Passed. Have to call IRCC regarding this.
yes, it's more like IRCC updated the tracker instead of opening files.
bg seems be "in progress" by default now as long as any of security, criminality, and info sharing is in progress or completed.