CEC - Notice of Assessment

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi everynoe,

I'm applying for CEC, i read the information that to apply for CEC I need to send the following documents:
-Educational documents (all copies)
-IELTS score (original score report)
-Employement letter (detailing job start date, position title, job description, salary, no. of weekly hours)
-T4 (copies)
-Pay stubs starting from the beginning of the calendar year (copies)
-Notice of Assessment

I DO NOT have Notice of Assessment. I only started working in Canada 2 years back. But i never applied for Tax returns. My friends say that if i now want to have that document, i will first need to file for Tax returns through a tax accountant (or H&R). But that will take 3-4 months, and i need to apply asap.

Can i still send my application or can you please suggest if there is any alternative to Notice of Assessment?
Many thanks,

Infoseeker

Cos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
NOC-A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June, 2012
AOR Received.
6 Nov, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
27 Feb, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26th April, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-May 2013; PPT returned 19-June, 2013
LANDED..........
21-June, 2013
There is currently no alternative to the notice of assessment. If you send your application without it, the whole package will be returned to you. Apply for tax return ASAP to receive your NOA!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
InfoSeeker12 said:
I'm applying for CEC, i read the information that to apply for CEC I need to send the following documents:
-Educational documents (all copies)
-IELTS score (original score report)
-Employement letter (detailing job start date, position title, job description, salary, no. of weekly hours)
-T4 (copies)
-Pay stubs starting from the beginning of the calendar year (copies)
-Notice of Assessment

I DO NOT have Notice of Assessment. I only started working in Canada 2 years back. But i never applied for Tax returns. My friends say that if i now want to have that document, i will first need to file for Tax returns through a tax accountant (or H&R). But that will take 3-4 months, and i need to apply asap.

Can i still send my application or can you please suggest if there is any alternative to Notice of Assessment?
You will not be approved without filing your tax returns :) You have to show those documents, so you should get started ASAP.

If for some reason, waiting until you receive the NOA means you will loose your eligibility, you could try submitting your application with a written explanation indicating (1) why you don't have the NOA, (2) you have submitted your tax returns (Show proof like a receipt from H&R Block), and (3) you will forward the NOA as soon as you receive it. If you go this route, though, don't be surprised if your application is returned.