+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC no longer good for graduates?

SilkRoute

Jul 14, 2014
Hi!
I graduated from my Masters program from Montreal. I have my post-graduate work permit. I have started working in Ottawa. My job type is NOC A. I do not have a LMIA.
Before, graduates with PGWP could apply under CEC after a year of full-time work. Now, the express entry does not allow it. Is there any other ways that I can apply for a PR?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can still apply for CEC through Express Entry without an LMIA as long as you have a full year of work experience in Canada.

SilkRoute

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks!
But they are not counting the work experience in the new point system, without which the total points won't be sufficient.
What other options do working graduates have?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SilkRoute said:
Thanks!
But they are not counting the work experience in the new point system, without which the total points won't be sufficient.
Where did you see that says work experiences are not counted in the new system?

As far as I know - it still counts

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/criteria-crs.asp

SilkRoute

Jul 14, 2014
They just give you 0 points for jobs without LMIA when you fill the application, which is weird because PGWP is supposed to be LMIA-exempt. But, now are we required to get a LMIA even when we are LMIA-exempt ??!!??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SilkRoute said:
They just give you 0 points for jobs without LMIA when you fill the application, which is weird because PGWP is supposed to be LMIA-exempt. But, now are we required to get a LMIA even when we are LMIA-exempt ??!!??
Yes, if you want the 600 points in EE

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
SilkRoute said:
Thanks!
I think you need to spend more time reading about Express Entry. It doesn't sound like you understand the rules. Work experience gained while on a PGWP certainly does count as experience under EE as long as that experience is at least a year and continuous. Again, there is nothing stopping you from applying for PR under CEC/Express Entry.

tomst

Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
I have been working in a big company as a Quality Engineer for 1.5 years but they don't go for LMIA (no 600 point). I can't apply for PNP because two years graduated period expired (no 600 point). Without 600 point, no way I could get 700+ points in EE.
My CEC application received on 14 Nov will be returned soon.

Now I see two options: Leave my present GOOD job and search for a new employer who provides with LMIA
or
work 1 more year (PGWP expires on Mar 2016)and go back home.

Do you see any other options? Please suggest !!

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomst said:
I have been working in a big company as a Quality Engineer for 1.5 years but they don't go for LMIA (no 600 point). I can't apply for PNP because two years graduated period expired (no 600 point). Without 600 point, no way I could get 700+ points in EE.
My CEC application received on 14 Nov will be returned soon.

Now I see two options: Leave my present GOOD job and search for a new employer who provides with LMIA
or
work 1 more year (PGWP expires on Mar 2016)and go back home.

Do you see any other options? Please suggest !!

PNP have several kinds, now that you have a job, certain PNP maybe qualify for you

Venky19

Mar 6, 2015
CIC is completely confused with CEC applicants who are PGWP exempt..
counting 0 points without LMIA just makes it impossible to touch 700 points and apply for PR..
CEC via express entry is just confusing for people who entered the Canadian System before Jan2014

bwspYHF2013

Mar 5, 2015
Venky19 said:
counting 0 points without LMIA just makes it impossible to touch 700 points and apply for PR..
CEC via express entry is just confusing for people who entered the Canadian System before Jan2014
Are CIC going to turn around and realise what they have done to international students here?

After all the money invested by individuals who made a decision based on PR what they were led to believe.
Are people issuing this concern to them in numbers? Would they turn around and let PGWP holders go ahead?

As in your EE profile they ask you if you're education was done in Canada.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Venky19 said:
Exactly. This is a big blunder. There are many PGWP holders like us who have decent job and now are competing with LMIA guys, many of who are by all means hired on bogus roles (e.g. cook) by mutual understanding between local immigration agencies and local businesses. These businesses pay not even basic salaries and exploit these newcomers. Many immigration agencies from well known Indian provinces have such fixings here too.

bwspYHF2013

Mar 5, 2015
SilkRoute said:
Hi!
I graduated from my Masters program from Montreal. I have my post-graduate work permit. I have started working in Ottawa. My job type is NOC A. I do not have a LMIA.
Before, graduates with PGWP could apply under CEC after a year of full-time work. Now, the express entry does not allow it. Is there any other ways that I can apply for a PR?

Thanks!
''Guys,

Those with PGWP can send their concerns to immigration committee.

I sent my concerns and I received reply that they will review my concerns.
If many of us reports the concerns then it may change the way EE is working now:

Here is the list of Email on immigration committee:

Jay Aspin <jay.aspin @ parl.gc.ca>,
Pierre Labelle <pierre.labelle @ parl.gc.ca>,
Chungsen Leung <chungsen.leung @ parl.gc.ca>,
Costas Menegakis <costas.menegakis @ parl.gc.ca>,
John McCallum <John.McCallum @ parl.gc.ca>,
Jasbir Sandhu <jasbir.sandhu @ parl.gc.ca>,
Devinder Shory <devinder.shory @ parl.gc.ca>,
Rathika Sitsabaiesan <rathika.sitsabaiesan @ parl.gc.ca>,
David Tilson <David.Tilson @ parl.gc.ca>,
steven.blaney @ parl.gc.ca

We need to speak out if we want to be heard!!''

Somebody else quoted the above and i sent an email to the commitee. Ive been here a long time spent thousands on education
and now behind in the pool. Not Fair. Voice your concern. The more the better, they may be pressured to let us go ahead

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

uxd said:
Exactly. This is a big blunder. There are many PGWP holders like us who have decent job and now are competing with LMIA guys, many of who are by all means hired on bogus roles (e.g. cook) by mutual understanding between local immigration agencies and local businesses. These businesses pay not even basic salaries and exploit these newcomers. Many immigration agencies from well known Indian provinces have such fixings here too.
1. If you are valuable to your employer on a PGWP, then why isn't that employer applying for a LMIA to support your PR (not for a work permit). It doesn't cost anything, may take a little time, and if you are considered valuable to company, why wouldn't they?

SilkRoute

Jul 14, 2014
bwspYHF2013 said:
''Guys,

Those with PGWP can send their concerns to immigration committee.

I sent my concerns and I received reply that they will review my concerns.
If many of us reports the concerns then it may change the way EE is working now:

Here is the list of Email on immigration committee:

Jay Aspin <jay.aspin @ parl.gc.ca>,
Pierre Labelle <pierre.labelle @ parl.gc.ca>,
Chungsen Leung <chungsen.leung @ parl.gc.ca>,
Costas Menegakis <costas.menegakis @ parl.gc.ca>,
John McCallum <John.McCallum @ parl.gc.ca>,
Jasbir Sandhu <jasbir.sandhu @ parl.gc.ca>,
Devinder Shory <devinder.shory @ parl.gc.ca>,
Rathika Sitsabaiesan <rathika.sitsabaiesan @ parl.gc.ca>,
David Tilson <David.Tilson @ parl.gc.ca>,
steven.blaney @ parl.gc.ca

We need to speak out if we want to be heard!!''

Somebody else quoted the above and i sent an email to the commitee. Ive been here a long time spent thousands on education
and now behind in the pool. Not Fair. Voice your concern. The more the better, they may be pressured to let us go ahead
Who are you sending the email to? Is there a specific person looking after CEC on the immigration committee?
We really need to draw their attention towards this. EE has messed up CEC big times.