Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
PMM said:
Hi

1. If you are valuable to your employer on a PGWP, then why isn't that employer applying for a LMIA to support your PR (not for a work permit). It doesn't cost anything, may take a little time, and if you are considered valuable to company, why wouldn't they?
Employers may not pay a fee to EDSC, but there are cost of job advertising, hiring immigration lawyers/consultants for the paperworks (because of liability issues, companies don't want to do it on their own), and simply the cost going through all these costs manpower which (especially for larger corporations) don't want to go through.

For new graduates, even employer agrees to do all that paperwork, LMIA is still close to impossible because getting paid median wage in most entry level technical/professional jobs are near impossible (unless it's government jobs/some oil companies), be the employee a Canadian or foreign national.

And yes, the employer can cheat the system by paying median wage on paper, then employee pay back the difference under the table by cash. According to an immigration consultant whom I know personally, this technique was taught in their classes while getting their license. Essentially, CIC is promoting bogus consultants and crooked employers in exploiting people who wants a job and PR.

IMO, CIC is closing loopholes for easy, legal ways towards PR, and at the same time opening opportunities for fraudulent ways to PR.

tomst

Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
PMM said:
Hi

1. If you are valuable to your employer on a PGWP, then why isn't that employer applying for a LMIA to support your PR (not for a work permit). It doesn't cost anything, may take a little time, and if you are considered valuable to company, why wouldn't they?
My company does not have any provision to go for LMIA or LMO. During hiring I was cleared told about this policy. I said okay as I was qualified under OLD CEC category.