+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - No Draws are Expected till 6 months, and future draws are expected to be over 500 points. What are my options?

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
But that is assuming CEC would resume in 2022, but it may not resume until 2023.
The 76K backlog is sufficient for not only the whole year of 2022 but also the first quater of 2023.
The quota of 2022 is only 57K according to .
this is just one tweet and not really official - its an internal memo - not the final decision or policy - i dont think it will really pan out this way - they need immigrants for economics so i highly doubt this is going to happen. 2022 -24 plans will be out in feb - so things will get clear then

Reactions: Longhair

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
this is just one tweet and not really official - its an internal memo - not the final decision or policy - i dont think it will really pan out this way - they need immigrants for economics so i highly doubt this is going to happen. 2022 -24 plans will be out in feb - so things will get clear then
I think it is quite believable.
Yes they need immigrants, and they already have more than enough.
They got 90K from last year's TR2PR, they got 40K Afghanistan refugees, and they got 76K EE backlog.
They don't need even one single new invitation in the next 2 years.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I think it is quite believable.
Yes they need immigrants, and they already have more than enough.
They got 90K from last year's TR2PR, they got 40K Afghanistan refugees, and they got 76K EE backlog.
They don't need even one single new invitation in the next 2 years.
They got 90K from last year's TR2PR, they got 40K Afghanistan refugees - this doesnt bring in the $$$$ in taxes - 99% of these will be in min wage

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
They got 90K from last year's TR2PR, they got 40K Afghanistan refugees - this doesnt bring in the $$$$ in taxes - 99% of these will be in min wage
Maybe true, but it is a too long shot.
The quotas don't take wage in consideration.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi, As many of us are waiting for the CEC draw, it is sad to know that there won't be any new CEC draw in the first half of 2022 (I am not 100% sure, I just read it online). I read in a few articles that whenever the next draw will happen, it will be probably over 500 points. I currently stand at 484 points for CEC.

The question is:- What are my options to possibly increase my points? or any other program that we can apply for? I am on the work permit and I am concerned to get my PR(or at least PR being in the process) before the work permit expires. What are my options OR Is there any bridge-permit in case if the draw will be delayed even longer?
Any suggestions and advice are welcome and appreciated!!! Thank you!
Work until your work permit expires. Then, leave to India (I assumed from your name) unless you are eligible for a PNP program. Apply from India when draws are back. Being a CEC, you stand a great chance. This is not the end of the world. These are uncertain times, so whatever you plan, plan quickly but with a clear mind.

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
They will have to release new policy for some sort of work permit to keep those with expired or expiring permits.
They will have to release new policy for some sort of work permit to keep those with expired or expiring permits.
It is very dangerous to assume that IRCC cares about applicants' fate.
We don't have votes and they don't need to care, and based on what is happening now I guess they indeed don't.

radhika98

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Hello! I am from B.C. as well. Victoria B.C. to be more precise.

Are you a graduate or a post-graduate from B.C.? And what is your discipline?
Did you check if you qualify for B.C. Tech Pilot? It will make your job of applying much much easier.

This is not a hard question to answer. It is similar to LMIA requirement of proving inability to hire Canadian Workers. Basically they have to explain that we posted ad for this job in these places for this much time and we interviewed these many people who were not able to meet the criteria. Though, the level required for this is NOT as stringent and binding as that of LMIA. For instance, there is NO prescribed minimum limit of advertisement and search for Canadian candidates. Contact any half way decent immigration lawyer and he will give you the language to write here. Also, this part is to be filled by your employer.

Very easy! Go to your manager and say : "I want to apply for BC PNP for my PR. It will help me to focus completely on my job and never worry about immigration afterwards. I need a bit of help from you. Whom should I ask about employer part of application? Can I ask <Insert the name of HR>?" Mostly HR in their current or past job have dealt with these things before so they will help you out by finding what to fill and whom to get signature from. At worst you will have to follow up with one or two folks.
Thank you for your response. I studied MBA here. and my job is in Digital Marketing. so I do not think it comes under BC Tech Pilot. I got to know from some recent news that Canada government will be announcing their plan for 2022 by February 11th. I am hoping for some magic to happen in the news. If not, I will talk with my HR just how you explained.

IncredibleCanada

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
No way it will happen today.
The minister said he didn't even have a date for CEC to resume at an interview last week, meaning it will be quite a period of time.
We can forget it in the next 4 months I would say.
I saw interview but there was no mention on definite 6 months hard stop, it is mostly echoed as temporary.

By the way, the rational to hold draw is little hard to understand. Back in december, there were approximately 120,000 applications in backlog for economic migration. This includes CEC, FSW and PNP. Considering 100% of CEC in Canada at the moment, which brings 20% of overall applications. These candidates are in jobs and do not contribute to jobless. FSW and PNP nearly around 95% percent will be outside Canada. For most, it is not easy to get and start job next day. Almost there will me minimum 3-6 months of lead time to come in Canada, understand culture, integrate and find jobs.

Bringing processing times under pre-pandemic is totally understandable but to faster processing FSW/PNP outlands to tackle labour shortage at cost of holding CEC draw is something fuzzy.

Last edited:

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
I saw interview but there was no mention on definite 6 months hard stop, it is mostly echoed as temporary.
Temporary is open to interpretation. 100 years is temporary.

FSW and PNP nearly around 95% percent will be outside Canada.
PNP will be 100% in Canada I think. They have to have a job to be eligible for PNP.

Overall, they have 90K backlog for CEC and PNP, and they only need 55K for 2022, that is why they are not drawing.

IncredibleCanada

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Temporary is open to interpretation. 100 years is temporary.

Be positive :p . If it was such a long, nobody will waste time. Isn't

PNP will be 100% in Canada I think. They have to have a job to be eligible for PNP.

Overall, they have 90K backlog for CEC and PNP, and they only need 55K for 2022, that is why they are not drawing.
2021 majority cases are handled and pre-pandemic most PNP came from outside. Note, PNP is not just to support with Job offer but to address regional high skill demand which is hard to find. ,

Also on checking FB and other forum threads, almost 95 % recent PNP PPR's are not inside Canada.

IncredibleCanada

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
By the way, what are the options in this scenario. I have 1 year Canada experience and working on LMIA-Exempt closed workpermit. Also getting documents from employer is difficult and they will not support.