+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - MAY 2019 Applicants - Join Here

kai77

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
It depends your passport...I have visa-exempted passport so they processed my CoPR in 1 business day ....it usually takes within 1 week for others

I also have valid US visa but the officer required me to do flagpole because this is my main reason to travel ....you can plan a real trip to US for few days and then come back to land.
For me, I went to thousand island border (its empty there during winter) and I didn't want to lie I was here for sightseeing or lunch, Officer will ask you how many day you will stay, purpose of trip, where you going etc...(it just doesn't make sense for me to drive 3 hours in mid day for sightseeing at no man land lol.)

Niagara Borders are strongly not recommended for landing.

If you have a trip outside of Canada, it is good to utilize this opportunity. Otherwise, flagpole is only 15 mins job and US officer assured nothing will happen in the future. They all understand what is flagpole and your reason.

perfect these makes sense i have Indian passport so i guess one week as its not visa exempt countries. and then i would also do the landing at 1000 islands because that's what everyone has recommended me to do and yes if us officer's are assured that nothing will go negative about you in us record than its good.

i was only worried about
1) every time i go to states( as i go very frequently at least once a month and max 4 times a month ) they might get these as negative and would ask me questions about these.
2) according to different opinions it takes longer for pr card at border landing and its faster in interview in local office.

but i guess not a much difference would also do 1000 islands landing.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
perfect these makes sense i have Indian passport so i guess one week as its not visa exempt countries. and then i would also do the landing at 1000 islands because that's what everyone has recommended me to do and yes if us officer's are assured that nothing will go negative about you in us record than its good.

i was only worried about
1) every time i go to states( as i go very frequently at least once a month and max 4 times a month ) they might get these as negative and would ask me questions about these.
2) according to different opinions it takes longer for pr card at border landing and its faster in interview in local office.

but i guess not a much difference would also do 1000 islands landing.
The flagpole paper showed Admin refused: Landing in Canada as PR (I think most officer won't give you hard time or not even questioning on this)

However, since you mention you go to states very often, I guess you don't have to do flagpole on purpose...just travel as you are and come back for landing

My friend sent an email to schedule for landing interview and he waited about 3 weeks for a reply and the interview is 2 weeks after....I got my CoPR back and went to landing next day

1 day vs 5 weeks lol .... not sure the mailing speed thou

Last edited:

kai77

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
The flagpole paper showed Admin refused: Landing in Canada as PR (I think most officer won't give you hard time or not even questioning on this)

However, since you mention you go to states very often, I guess you don't have to do flagpole on purpose...just travel as you are and come back for landing

My friend sent an email to schedule for landing interview and he waited about 3 weeks for a reply and the interview is 2 weeks after....I got my CoPR back and went to landing next day

1 days vs 5 weeks lol .... not sure the mailing speed thou

yes landing makes sense ..... thank you for inputs....

Samuel Furlan

Aug 16, 2018
Hello Guys,
Called CIC today and got an update on my process, see below timeline and current status:

Sydney VO
AOR May 30, 2019
Medicals passed July 09, 2019
Criminality passed
Eligibility under review
Security not started

Long silence for months...
February 03, 2020 - Procedural of Fairness - the agency that I worked as temp where I am now full time wrote on my employment letter that I worked from Sept 2018 to Aug 2018 (which doesnt even make sense) so officer asked for new and recent letter.
Recent Letter uploaded on the same day.
February 05, 2020 Called CIC and:
Security has now been passed.
Eligibility still under review.

Fingers crossed that the fact that security has been passed means that eligibility is likely to be approved.

Thank you,

Reactions: e-16

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hello Guys,
Called CIC today and got an update on my process, see below timeline and current status:

Sydney VO
AOR May 30, 2019
Criminality passed
Eligibility under review
Security not started

February 03, 2020 - Procedural of Fairness - the agency that I worked as temp where I am now full time wrote on my employment letter that I worked from Sept 2018 to Aug 2018 (which doesnt even make sense) so officer asked for new and recent letter.

Fingers crossed that the fact that security has been passed means that eligibility is likely to be approved.

Thank you,
Congrats! PPR soon! My Medicals got extended today. Hopeful that i'll get a response soon.

Reactions: Samuel Furlan

Samuel Furlan

Aug 16, 2018
Congrats! PPR soon! My Medicals got extended today. Hopeful that i'll get a response soon.
eligibility still under review tho, but since security has passed I’ll remain positive.

thank you and hope yours is on the way as well.

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
PPR Finally!

Timeline:
CEC Inland
EE Profile Created - May 13th, 2019
ITA - May 29th, 2019
AOR - May 31st, 2019
Medicals Passed - July 9th, 2019
RPRF Request & Payment - July 9th, 2019
Criminality Passed - July 9th, 2019
Eligibility Review Required - July 9th, 2019

Ordered GCMS - August 10th, 2019
Received GCMS - September 11th, 2019 (Review Required for Job Responsibilities and Canadian Education - I raised CSE and provided Transcripts, Letter of Admission/Completion of Program and an updated Job Reference Letter)

Long 5 Months Silence (Lots of CSE's and calls to CIC, even used MP's twice but i got the same response every time - nothing changed)

Medicals Expired - Jan 3rd, 2020
Ghost Update - Jan 22nd, 2020 (We are reviewing the additional document you provided changed to Not Applicable. I called CIC to find out the status)
Security Passed - Jan 22nd, 2020
Eligibility Passed - Jan 22nd, 2020
Medicals Extension Request by Office - Jan 22nd, 2020
Medicals Passed - Feb 5th, 2020
PPR - Feb 6th, 2020

Samuel Furlan

Aug 16, 2018
PPR Finally!

Timeline:
CEC Inland
EE Profile Created - May 13th, 2019
ITA - May 29th, 2019
AOR - May 31st, 2019
Medicals Passed - July 9th, 2019
RPRF Request & Payment - July 9th, 2019
Criminality Passed - July 9th, 2019
Eligibility Review Required - July 9th, 2019

Ordered GCMS - August 10th, 2019
Received GCMS - September 11th, 2019 (Review Required for Job Responsibilities and Canadian Education - I raised CSE and provided Transcripts, Letter of Admission/Completion of Program and an updated Job Reference Letter)

Long 5 Months Silence (Lots of CSE's and calls to CIC, even used MP's twice but i got the same response every time - nothing changed)

Medicals Expired - Jan 3rd, 2020
Ghost Update - Jan 22nd, 2020 (We are reviewing the additional document you provided changed to Not Applicable. I called CIC to find out the status)
Security Passed - Jan 22nd, 2020
Eligibility Passed - Jan 22nd, 2020
Medicals Extension Request by Office - Jan 22nd, 2020
Medicals Passed - Feb 5th, 2020
PPR - Feb 6th, 2020
Yayyyy it finally came! congrats

Samuel Furlan

Aug 16, 2018
Guys,

Ghost update today.
Called CIC and the officer said that Eligibility has now been passed.
So now everything has been passed (Medicals, Elig, Criminal, Security).

Asked her about my PPR and she said that my exams were expired which is weird since I did them on April 2019.
Then I questioned her about it and she agreed that they are not expired, but she doesnt know why there's that note on the file.

So much drama ughhhh....

sambhav

Jan 3, 2020
Hi,

I have work experience of 6 months in IT field (NOC A). Now I start working as a Technical Support Representative, (NOC B). Does the combined work experience in 2 different NOC eligible for a PR application under Express entry?

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Guys,

Ghost update today.
Called CIC and the officer said that Eligibility has now been passed.
So now everything has been passed (Medicals, Elig, Criminal, Security).

Asked her about my PPR and she said that my exams were expired which is weird since I did them on April 2019.
Then I questioned her about it and she agreed that they are not expired, but she doesnt know why there's that note on the file.

So much drama ughhhh....
You might get the PPR tomorrow. Did the officer say they are requesting medical extension?

Samuel Furlan

Aug 16, 2018
You might get the PPR tomorrow. Did the officer say they are requesting medical extension?
tbh she said something like that, but when I questioned her why since I did my exams April 2019, she was really confused and not really helpful. Guess I’ll have to wait and wait...

kai77

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
eligibility still under review tho, but since security has passed I’ll remain positive.

thank you and hope yours is on the way as well.[/QUO
Hello Guys,

Sydney VO
AOR May 30, 2019
Criminality passed
Eligibility under review
Security not started

Thank you,

finally its great to see your ppr...... i noticed that exactly the difference between you and me is 5 days. everything for you and me was going side by side and exactly 5 days late for everything as my aor was 24th may.

Samuel Furlan

Aug 16, 2018
finally its great to see your ppr...... i noticed that exactly the difference between you and me is 5 days. everything for you and me was going side by side and exactly 5 days late for everything as my aor was 24th may.
Hey thank you :)
But not PPR yet :(
I am going to call them today again and get and better status since the officer yesterday wasnt really helpful.
Fingers crossed.