+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - MAY 2019 Applicants - Join Here

Joe44

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
do we need to take landing appointment after receiving back passports? Sorry i don't know the process. But i think after receiving PPR mail, we need to send passport and then take passports to landing interview? Isn't this correct?
Landing appointment is like ppr u can either get one or the other. When you get a landing appointment u get copr there on spot at the interview.when u get ppr u send your application to the respective vo to get copr depends what the send u.

Reactions: AUserS

AUserS

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Landing appointment is like ppr u can either get one or the other. When you get a landing appointment u get copr there on spot at the interview.when u get ppr u send your application to the respective vo to get copr depends what the send u.
what about passport then? do we need to submit it anywhere for stamping? I am currently on work permit till March 2020 and i will be travelling in Jan 2020. What if i get confirmation same like you. for after interview do they keep passport with them-self? and return with PR card?
Thanks for reply :)

Joe44

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
what about passport then? do we need to submit it anywhere for stamping? I am currently on work permit till March 2020 and i will be travelling in Jan 2020. What if i get confirmation same like you. for after interview do they keep passport with them-self? and return with PR card?
Thanks for reply :)
No they stamp it the same day ....then y get your new sin and wait for your pr card in the mail.

AUserS

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
No they stamp it the same day ....then y get your new sin and wait for your pr card in the mail.
oh ok. Thank you so much for taking your time to explain this :) one last question. can we ask for appointment on any date after confirmation, as in my case if i get confirmation in december 2019 can i ask for appointment in feb 2020? or they give any date range or maximum number of days?

Joe44

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
oh ok. Thank you so much for taking your time to explain this :) one last question. can we ask for appointment on any date after confirmation, as in my case if i get confirmation in december 2019 can i ask for appointment in feb 2020? or they give any date range or maximum number of days?
Unfortunately not they give you watever date is available for them and it take a weeks or months sometimes
but they say if u cant make the interview date they set contact them to reschedule a date that works for you.

AUserS

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Unfortunately not they give you watever date is available for them and it take a weeks or months sometimes
but they say if u cant make the interview date they set contact them to reschedule a date that works for you.
ok. thank you so much. Will see how it goes. Congratulations once again for your application confirmation. Enjoy :)

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi all I have a question, hope someone can help:

I applied on May 2nd and haven't had any updates since June 18 when my medicals were passes and a RCMP fingerprint criminal check was requested which I then submitted on July 3rd.

My estimated completion date was November 2nd.

I have been calling IRCC for the last several weeks, every Friday, finally today I was told that yesterday 4 updates were simultaneously posted to my account, although I cannot see the in my account, the agent said the following:
  • Medical passed.
  • Eligibility passed.
  • Criminality passed.
  • Security passed.
She also said I should be getting some updates quite soon and that these are good news. Which they seem to be.

DO you guys know how long after all these things have been passed I should be expecting to received the email saying my application was approved? Thank you all in advance.

Joe44

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hi all I have a question, hope someone can help:

I applied on May 2nd and haven't had any updates since June 18 when my medicals were passes and a RCMP fingerprint criminal check was requested which I then submitted on July 3rd.

My estimated completion date was November 2nd.

I have been calling IRCC for the last several weeks, every Friday, finally today I was told that yesterday 4 updates were simultaneously posted to my account, although I cannot see the in my account, the agent said the following:
  • Medical passed.
  • Eligibility passed.
  • Criminality passed.
  • Security passed.
She also said I should be getting some updates quite soon and that these are good news. Which they seem to be.

DO you guys know how long after all these things have been passed I should be expecting to received the email saying my application was approved? Thank you all in advance.
It depends on your visa office i passed everything from October 25 didnt get email till yesterday.

caneng

Dec 11, 2019
Hi guys, I see many comments from people coming up to the 6 months nominal processing time.
Unfortunately for me that is now three weeks past, and the only response I get from IRCC is my application is being reviewed - same as what they said before the nominal time
Anyone else in this situation, or any advice?
I've been told by a lawyer to expect it 'any day now,' but they also said there's no guarantee I'll hear from them in the next three months either,,,

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi guys, I see many comments from people coming up to the 6 months nominal processing time.
Unfortunately for me that is now three weeks past, and the only response I get from IRCC is my application is being reviewed - same as what they said before the nominal time
Anyone else in this situation, or any advice?
I've been told by a lawyer to expect it 'any day now,' but they also said there's no guarantee I'll hear from them in the next three months either,,,
Same here, i'm about 2 weeks past the 6months processing time. My AOR is MAY 31st. Contacted CIC via web form a few times and its still the same answer. Eligibility in review, security not started. The delay is mostly from Sydney VO. What's your Visa Office?

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
AOR May 26 and still waiting............... VO is in Sydney.

My PGWP is expiring by April. If in a really bad case I won't have my PR yet by that time, is it okay to apply for BOWP like a week prior the expiration of my permit?

At first I was thinking to apply for the extension by January or Feb if I won't hear anything. But I'm undecided about it as I don't want to waste money for processing fee when all of a sudden PR will come.

LiliToronto

Feb 15, 2019
AOR May 26 and still waiting............... VO is in Sydney.

My PGWP is expiring by April. If in a really bad case I won't have my PR yet by that time, is it okay to apply for BOWP like a week prior the expiration of my permit?

At first I was thinking to apply for the extension by January or Feb if I won't hear anything. But I'm undecided about it as I don't want to waste money for processing fee when all of a sudden PR will come.
The same situation guys. I haven't a hope, I am very annoyed and upset. AOP 21 May. VO is in Sydney.
Some people have got PPR from July AOR