+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

Devi chandran

Oct 23, 2018
Hi all,
Yesterday I called CIC , they said " your file is approved... It is in progress ... We will contact you if we have any deficiency in papers.. what it means? Please tell your opinions... Thanks in advance:)

Reactions: khansatariq

im_ypg

Sep 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
Here is my timeline:
AOR- 19th May
MEP- 28th May
ADR- 6th June
ADR submitted- 8th June
IP1- ever since
Now, technically the R10 is 8th June.
As of 29th September, my gcms notes say that eligibility review is required and that security and criminality has not been initiated. So, my guess would be, its gonna take a bit longer although its not really 6 months (from R10). Fingers crossed, for the time being I enjoy my stay in India for another month.
If someone has experienced something like this and got a workaround, I am listening.
Thanks in advance.

im_ypg

Sep 15, 2018
Hi all,
Yesterday I called CIC , they said " your file is approved... It is in progress ... We will contact you if we have any deficiency in papers.. what it means? Please tell your opinions... Thanks in advance:)
It seems a bit contradicting. Did they say they have a decision for you already? If so, I think you can party hard!

im_ypg

Sep 15, 2018
I hope so too!

But, now I’m in a pickle! Should I send it now or when I reach India! As I m travelling in a couple of weeks! And how long does it take for them to return the processed passport.
Yes, you can get the PR stamp in India. All you have to do is write an email to your VO in Canada requesting for you to change your VO to New Delhi. Although, it takes about 2 to 3 weeks to get your passport back, after submission. Good luck!

Devi chandran

Oct 23, 2018
It seems a bit contradicting. Did they say they have a decision for you already? If so, I think you can party hard!
They said ..My file approved ..It is in progress...No need to worry ...They would contact for each and every information .... What it means ? It frustrates me... Thank you

Reactions: Juk11

im_ypg

Sep 15, 2018
They said ..My file approved ..It is in progress...No need to worry ...They would contact for each and every information .... What it means ? It frustrates me... Thank you
Essentially, it means you will get your PPR soon via email. As per my knowledge, it is taking longer than usual to receive PPR after approval. I have been reading threads and the word is, closure of CPC-Vegreville has caused delays in lots of files lately as the files were dispersed to other CPCs. Basically, they have a lot of work to do. A friend of mine got her work permit after 5 months, so I am guessing PR is a bigger thing. So tryna relax and enjoy! All the best!.

im_ypg

Sep 15, 2018
Hey I’m also waiting since AOR 18 May medicals 29 May no update since then. My file moved to Vegreville and to Ottawa now.. is your file similar to mine ??
Yes. It is pretty much the same. My file was sent to Ottawa in July. I talked to someone at CIC, they said its just a wait game now. I wanted to order gcms notes but I think its futile.

im_ypg

Sep 15, 2018
Hey I’m also waiting since AOR 18 May medicals 29 May no update since then. My file moved to Vegreville and to Ottawa now.. is your file similar to mine ??
I am not sure how different files are processed at different CPCs. Like the criteria how the file is assigned to a particular CPC.

Suri1908

Oct 21, 2018
Yes. It is pretty much the same. My file was sent to Ottawa in July. I talked to someone at CIC, they said its just a wait game now. I wanted to order gcms notes but I think its futile.
Even when I called IRCC they said same just to wait wait... looks like there are bunch of files piled up which came from Vegreville to Ottawa.. and they’re out of the track I think.. that’s why no updates God knows when they finish our files...

Suri1908

Oct 21, 2018
Guys.. anybody’s file moved from Vegreville to Ottawa?? Did anybody of you got PPR ? Please reply to me I wanna creat small group for Vegreville to Ottawa. Or AOR’s around May 18,19,20,21,22,17,16,15 these close date files must move together