+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
yeah it's 100% legit and yes I am also asked to send it the very same address :)

If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

PO Box 8781

Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9
Another silly question:

They also say "Do not fill out the address section in the Canada post return envelope". Do they mean leave the address section completely blank, or do we only fill out the return address (i.e, our mailing address) and leave the from address blank?

Last edited:

naushad906

Nov 28, 2018
Congrats to everyone on getting PPR. I received mine too on Monday. I would be glad if you could help me answer the following question.
I am currently residing in the USA with a valid mailing address. But, my wife had to travel back to India in October 2018. She is currently residing there and will be there for next few months. I would like to know if we can send in our passports separately? If yes, which Visa office should my wife have to reach out for submitting her passport? (She is currently residing in Hyderabad). Is there any other way to approach this situation?

I sent an email to the email address mentioned in PPR email but I am not sure how long it takes before they respond. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ari.banerjee

Nov 16, 2018
Hey Guys,

So my MP reached out to the canadian immigration department and this is what they said in a reply to the MP's request.

"We are pleased to provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class :

· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O) office on May 25, 2018.

· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent’s application is complete, is still in process.

· The CPC-O office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.

· The medical examination results are on file and valid until June 7, 2019.

· The criminality verifications are in process.

· The security verifications have not been initiated.

· Although there’s no processing delays available for these types of verifications, rest assured that the responsible office will contact your constituent directly if anything is required or when a decision has been rendered.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

This really doesn't sound like any progress does it? I mean the eligibility and the completeness of the application has not even been done.

Sucks to wait.

In the mean time my company has laid off a bunch of people and I have lost my job. Is it absolutely necessary to report to CIC that I have lost employment? I am afraid that if they take out the points that were awarded to me for a ft permanent job then I will become ineligible.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Hey Guys,

So my MP reached out to the canadian immigration department and this is what they said in a reply to the MP's request.

"We are pleased to provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class :

· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O) office on May 25, 2018.

· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent’s application is complete, is still in process.

· The CPC-O office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.

· Although there’s no processing delays available for these types of verifications, rest assured that the responsible office will contact your constituent directly if anything is required or when a decision has been rendered.

Sincerely,

This really doesn't sound like any progress does it? I mean the eligibility and the completeness of the application has not even been done.

Sucks to wait.

In the mean time my company has laid off a bunch of people and I have lost my job. Is it absolutely necessary to report to CIC that I have lost employment? I am afraid that if they take out the points that were awarded to me for a ft permanent job then I will become ineligible.
Hi There! Good to see that you reached MP for the answer. Seems like the words are fancy and in common terms you are still stuck in Eligibility phase just like me. so just wait and see the progress. I have NOT seen rejections after 6 months time frame, it is just wait time.

as for your employment is concerned, yes you need to notify CIC as marital status, address and employment changes needs to be reported. But, do not worry about your application as when you actually applied for CEC, the experience was locked and anything after that does not matter. so enjoy your EI for now I guess and wait for positive results.

good luck buddy :)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Anyone who received PPR this Monday has already sent their passport to Ottawa? What is the status of your mail, provided the Strike has been called off? Is Xpresspost smoother now?

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
Hey Guys,

Sincerely,

Sucks to wait.

Sorry to hear about your job... I think yeah you should inform CIC about it.

ari.banerjee

Nov 16, 2018
Hi There! Good to see that you reached MP for the answer. Seems like the words are fancy and in common terms you are still stuck in Eligibility phase just like me. so just wait and see the progress. I have NOT seen rejections after 6 months time frame, it is just wait time.

as for your employment is concerned, yes you need to notify CIC as marital status, address and employment changes needs to be reported. But, do not worry about your application as when you actually applied for CEC, the experience was locked and anything after that does not matter. so enjoy your EI for now I guess and wait for positive results.

good luck buddy :)
Thank you for your note. I will notify CIC in the new years when my severance runs out. I am technically on their payroll till the end of this year.

Is there a medium through which you notify CIC?

ari.banerjee

Nov 16, 2018
I have a generic qs to the folks around here as this crowd seems to be very knowledgeable.

My repeated attempts to contact CIC have been futile. I dont have the time to wait on the phone forever as I am preparing for an exam.

So my question is that since I am on a BOWP until Aug 2019, can I go back to my university to do an MBA in the mean time? Will that hurt my chances of getting a post graduate work permit in case my PR is denied? I read somewhere that if you get a study permit during your workpermit then you can not get another work permit afterwards. Is that true?

I am planning to change careers due to the uncertainities surrounding the manufacturing industry and an MBA would give me a good shot at this. Please let me know if anyone has any information.

Hearty congratulations to the people who got their PPR. The holiday season will be a good one for you. Enjoy and rejoice :D

detrtonca

Nov 16, 2018
Anyone who received PPR this Monday has already sent their passport to Ottawa? What is the status of your mail, provided the Strike has been called off? Is Xpresspost smoother now?
Hey,

I sent my passport via Canada Post Expresspost from Toronto on Nov 26th, and it was delivered on Nov. 28th, 7:30 am

yemyy

Oct 16, 2018
I have a generic qs to the folks around here as this crowd seems to be very knowledgeable.

My repeated attempts to contact CIC have been futile. I dont have the time to wait on the phone forever as I am preparing for an exam.

So my question is that since I am on a BOWP until Aug 2019, can I go back to my university to do an MBA in the mean time? Will that hurt my chances of getting a post graduate work permit in case my PR is denied? I read somewhere that if you get a study permit during your workpermit then you can not get another work permit afterwards. Is that true?

I am planning to change careers due to the uncertainities surrounding the manufacturing industry and an MBA would give me a good shot at this. Please let me know if anyone has any information.

Hearty congratulations to the people who got their PPR. The holiday season will be a good one for you. Enjoy and rejoice :D
U can only get post graduate work permit ONCE.