Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Background Check one which is Criminality check is initiated as soon as your medical is passed. Sometimes they update it later. In your case.. your criminality passed on 12 oct as me and you advanced to background check 2 (ip2) . On Oct 24 it was completed and you got a ghost update also your pr was approved.
Oh ok! But don't you think it's long enough for them to send the PPR? It's over 2 weeks when I got approved. And people get second ghost update a couple of days after the first one.

My office is Nova Scotia, the agent told me that my file would first go to Ottawa office and they'd make the decision about PPR or landing interview. :(

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Oh ok! But don't you think it's long enough for them to send the PPR? It's over 2 weeks when I got approved. And people get second ghost update a couple of days after the first one.

My office is Nova Scotia, the agent told me that my file would first go to Ottawa office and they'd make the decision about PPR or landing interview. :(
It doesn’t matter for them if your pr is approved. As i said earlier they revisit applications in batch and they assign it to next officer . Most probably the next officer didn’t check it yet.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
The application is usually handled by number of officers. Case analyst takes your application he gives his recommendation initally with the documents provided.

Next its assigned to number of Officers categories. I am attaching my gcms notes Screenshot which supports my assumptions.
In the image you can see
BG Check 1(criminality)
BG Check 2( Security)

Also its assigned to other officer.

Last edited:

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
The application is usually handled by number of officers. Case analyst takes your application he gives his recommendation initally with the documents provided.

Next its assigned to number of Officers categories. I am attaching my gcms notes Screenshot which supports my assumptions.
In the image you can see
BG Check 1(criminality)
BG Check 2( Security)

Also its assigned to other officer.
Ours was a litte weird, the ones we received in around October has criminality in progress whereas eligibility and security hadn't even started. Now just waiting to see what the new notes will highlight, they have been overdue since 3 days.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Ours was a litte weird, the ones we received in around October has criminality in progress whereas eligibility and security hadn't even started. Now just waiting to see what the new notes will highlight, they have been overdue since 3 days.
If you got ghost two ghost updates it means your security is in progress.

Shaq

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
How to order GCMS?
Don't have any idea about that? Is there any payment for order GCMS?
Is there any benefit for ordering GCMS?
Anybody is here on May AOR? Please give your valuable advice..
My timeline is
Applied on December 2017
AOR : May 10
RPRF : JUNE FIRST WEEK
MEP : JUNE 28
Ip1 : JULY first week
ip2. : September 25
Hope we all are get soon
almost same timeline as yours. We have to wait until the BG check is done, there are many who's BG didn't even start so you don't have to worry about that and calling is not going to expedite your process at all. If you decide to call then ask where your application is getting processed? What I know is Sydney, NS is backlogged.

Devi chandran

Oct 23, 2018
almost same timeline as yours. We have to wait until the BG check is done, there are many who's BG didn't even start so you don't have to worry about that and calling is not going to expedite your process at all. If you decide to call then ask where your application is getting processed? What I know is Sydney, NS is backlogged.
Ok ... Thank you....Hopefully waiting .... Best of luck all of you

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
My file is in Sydney office :(