AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
I tried calling them a couple of times. The automated system disconnects saying "larger call volume". :(
keep trying.. I know it is hard. but I also assume that you will get a definite answer because of the ghost update. I tried least 5 times at different timings. and waited more than 1 hour.

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
My excitement is fading away now.. hopeful for all of us.. fingers crossed.. good luck everyone!
It's our first wedding anniversary on the 7th. Such a bummer that me and my husband won't be together for it :( I could only wish that things wouldn't have taken close to 6 months...

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
It's our first wedding anniversary on the 7th. Such a bummer that me and my husband won't be together for it :( I could only wish that things wouldn't have taken close to 6 months...
I hear you! That's not good at all. Just try and stay positive and hopeful. That's all we can do for now. :)
Hope all of us get it really really soon.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Question : What all are the possible ways CIC sends PPR? Email or account update or both? Is there a chance that they mail you (paper mail at your home address) ?

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
I hear you! That's not good at all. Just try and stay positive and hopeful. That's all we can do for now. :)
Hope all of us get it really really soon.

Yes, trying to stay as hopeful as possible. Good luck to you too!

Question : What all are the possible ways CIC sends PPR? Email or account update or both? Is there a chance that they mail you (paper mail at your home address) ?
As far as I'm aware it's email and account update. In some cases the email is generated but the account doesn't show the update. I haven't seen a case where they've mailed a hardcopy. Maybe that is something they do for paper based applications? Don't have much knowledge on that.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Yes, trying to stay as hopeful as possible. Good luck to you too!

As far as I'm aware it's email and account update. In some cases the email is generated but the account doesn't show the update. I haven't seen a case where they've mailed a hardcopy. Maybe that is something they do for paper based applications? Don't have much knowledge on that.
Thanks!
It's one of those times, when things aren't happening the way you thought they would and your mind starts to think negative!
We just moved to a newer address and CIC account is yet to update it (request sent), so I was thinking may be we missed some communication that was sent to our old address. :(

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
Thanks!
It's one of those times, when things aren't happening the way you thought they would and your mind starts to think negative!
We just moved to a newer address and CIC account is yet to update it (request sent), so I was thinking may be we missed some communication that was sent to our old address. :(
Oh gosh I feel you completely. Hopefully the change of address won't be an issue because they always email for sure. Fingers crossed!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Oh gosh I feel you completely. Hopefully the change of address won't be an issue because they always email for sure. Fingers crossed!
yeah I hope they do email, because for last two updates on my application online (BG Update-12 Oct and Ghost Update -24 Oct), I didn't get an email at all saying "Your application(E00XXXXXXXX) has been updated" in the subject like it did earlier.

khansatariq

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
yeah I hope they do email, because for last two updates on my application online (BG Update-12 Oct and Ghost Update -24 Oct), I didn't get an email at all saying "Your application(E00XXXXXXXX) has been updated" in the subject like it did earlier.
The PPR update is almost always an email as far as I know. So don't be worried :)

P.s. How does one find out about the ghost update? Does it show a new message in the application?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
The PPR update is almost always an email as far as I know. So don't be worried :)

P.s. How does one find out about the ghost update? Does it show a new message in the application?
When you login, "Submitted" would show "application update". Like usual updates. But one you click to check it, nothing would have changed in the account.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
I got the same updates on 12 Oct and 24 Oct... Waiting Waiting and Waiting :p