+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Thanks so much the link you shared is very useful!!! Am applying on my own, so no spouse details to check.. I was confused because in other places I’ve read they check criminality and security last.. but it all seems that mine was different.. I’m relieved to read thay if they aren’t clear on something they’ll ask about it.. at this stage, 10 months after I keep wondering WHY is it taking soooo long... this is really a patience game ... Am anxiously waiting for March 21st!!!
Thanks Again!
It happens sometime that eligibility takes long time to be cleared. Usually the application go through the following stages.
=> AOR
=> Medical Passed
=> Eligibility Check and Criminality Check is Initiated by Case Analyst
=> Police Certificates, RCMP check is Done in Criminality Stage.
=> Case Analyst Comments on your Eligibility, Usually he Approves it or He Say Eligibility Review is Required or Recommended Pass.
=> Application goes to Case Officer who Confirm the Eligibility Status Reviews it and Change it to PASS. He also sets Criminality to PASSED
=> At this Stage 4-5 Months are passed already if both Eligibility and Criminality Check Goes without Review Required
=> If Criminality and Eligibility is Passed, You are evaluated for Security, Applicants are filtered here Some are Selected for Security Check
=> If no Security then your application is Finalised and Forwarded to Central Office where PPR Request is initiated
=> If Security Screening is required your application is sent to CBSA where they checked you for International Organised Crime or Espionage
=> Security Screening can take from 6 Months to 2 year Depends on how fast your Information is Fetched for Multiple Agencies.
=> After Security is Cleared you are sent a Re-Medical Request or PPR Request, In this case it happens after 12 months or 18 Months

That's pretty much it.

Reactions: fashioncad

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Hey everyone! Am a May 4th 2018 applicant and have been stuck in eligibility and BGC until now - so frustratingggg! I've been in contact with my MP and she confirmed that I passed criminality checks and medical (which I can see in my account), but that they're reviewing eligibility. She said that IRCC mentioned a 'Bring Forward Date' of March 21st.. does anyone know:
1. What do they check in eligbility?
2. what is BFD?
I own a Colombian passport and a large travel history.
Any help would be really appreciated!
Thanksss!!!
so your case and mine is pretty similar.. my criminality is passed and medicals are expired and my BFD is MArch 26th.. lets see what happens on the day! I am May 25th.

fashioncad

Mar 7, 2019
It happens sometime that eligibility takes long time to be cleared. Usually the application go through the following stages.
=> AOR
=> Medical Passed
=> Eligibility Check and Criminality Check is Initiated by Case Analyst
=> Police Certificates, RCMP check is Done in Criminality Stage.
=> Case Analyst Comments on your Eligibility, Usually he Approves it or He Say Eligibility Review is Required or Recommended Pass.
=> Application goes to Case Officer who Confirm the Eligibility Status Reviews it and Change it to PASS. He also sets Criminality to PASSED
=> At this Stage 4-5 Months are passed already if both Eligibility and Criminality Check Goes without Review Required
=> If Criminality and Eligibility is Passed, You are evaluated for Security, Applicants are filtered here Some are Selected for Security Check
=> If no Security then your application is Finalised and Forwarded to Central Office where PPR Request is initiated
=> If Security Screening is required your application is sent to CBSA where they checked you for International Organised Crime or Espionage
=> Security Screening can take from 6 Months to 2 year Depends on how fast your Information is Fetched for Multiple Agencies.
=> After Security is Cleared you are sent a Re-Medical Request or PPR Request, In this case it happens after 12 months or 18 Months

That's pretty much it.
Thanks so much! hopefully I'll get an answer by March 21st. It's definetely a game of patience!

fashioncad

Mar 7, 2019
so your case and mine is pretty similar.. my criminality is passed and medicals are expired and my BFD is MArch 26th.. lets see what happens on the day! I am May 25th.
Oh wow, we're on the same boat..! - Have they requested any additional info or asked to retake your medicals? Are you inland or outland?? I can't wait for March 21st!!!!!!!!

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Oh wow, we're on the same boat..! - Have they requested any additional info or asked to retake your medicals? Are you inland or outland?? I can't wait for March 21st!!!!!!!!
I am CEC inland. they have not requested any additional docs so far. I have ordered 3 gcms notes so far and the last when did not specify if they extended my medicals or not. I will be calling them exactly on March 26th. and you keep us updated too :)

fashioncad

Mar 7, 2019
:( same situation. I haven't ordered any GCMS notes so far, but from what I hear it's pretty much the same my MP has been able to get from them..
it's so weird, I would've thought my application was pretty straight forward but am not sure if it has something to do with my nationality....:mad: at this stage am wondering if there's anything wrong with my application, but as I understand, they would ask for clarification or additional docs if there wasn't something clear for them.. ugh.
On March 21st I'll be on top of my account, the CIC line and my MP... CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTT!

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
:( same situation. I haven't ordered any GCMS notes so far, but from what I hear it's pretty much the same my MP has been able to get from them..
it's so weird, I would've thought my application was pretty straight forward but am not sure if it has something to do with my nationality....:mad: at this stage am wondering if there's anything wrong with my application, but as I understand, they would ask for clarification or additional docs if there wasn't something clear for them.. ugh.
On March 21st I'll be on top of my account, the CIC line and my MP... CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTT!
I think the extra time is because of your travel history.. is your security started?

ari.banerjee

Nov 16, 2018
I think the extra time is because of your travel history.. is your security started?
Hey there!

How do you find out about the BFD? Do I need to contact my MP for that?

I have travelled to many many countries and have provided the evidence of such in my passport stamps. Do you thinks thats what is causing the delay? I have also worked for a different employer a year for the last 4 years. But all the proof with pay stubs was provided.

Really not sure how this is taking such a long time.
Can I find out my BFD date online?
Thank you!

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Hey there!

I have travelled to many many countries and have provided the evidence of such in my passport stamps. Do you thinks thats what is causing the delay? I have also worked for a different employer a year for the last 4 years. But all the proof with pay stubs was provided.

Thank you!
hey

no you cannot find it online, it is written in their internal system. you need to call CIC and speak with any agent for the date.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
yesterday many people from different month AORs got their PPR.

2-3 people from May AOR also got it, they are not in this page but in whatsapp group..

hopefully those who are left like me, get to hear the good news.. afterall we are in 10th month :)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Received my PR Card yesterday. Thank you all for all the useful info.
All the best to you all! :)

fashioncad

Mar 7, 2019
Hey there!

Thank you!
I learnt about the BFD because my MP called the IRCC, as far as I understand, they have a direct line and the ability to contact them when your application has passed the average/estimated processing time. I highly recommend getting in touch with them as it's the fastest route at this point. You could also order GCMS notes, but I think they take at least 1 month to be sent. I think that having a lot of travels and stamps in the passport is what causes delays.

Last edited:

fashioncad

Mar 7, 2019
Oh This is great news - At least we know that it's positive news even with the delays... Hope we all get it ASAP!
yesterday many people from different month AORs got their PPR.

2-3 people from May AOR also got it, they are not in this page but in whatsapp group..

hopefully those who are left like me, get to hear the good news.. afterall we are in 10th month :)[/QUOT