+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Same in the security screening now. Have you guys ordered CSIS or CBSA notes to confirm this?

It has been half a year since my case moved to Background check, I believe Security screening started at the same time.

All the best. Be strong
Yes, I have ordered NOTES from CSIS related to the background check. It's been 31 days didn't get it yet. Was expecting it today. But didn't get it.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Yes, I have ordered NOTES from CSIS related to the background check. It's been 31 days didn't get it yet. Was expecting it today. But didn't get it.
what is CSIS notes? how can they be requested?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
what is CSIS notes? how can they be requested?
It's similar to GCMS notes that we order from CIC, The only difference is it is ordered from Canadian Intelligence Agency who carry all the background checks in cordination with CBSA. If you want to apply for the notes you can request information related to your immigration file and the background check by selecting the CSIS from ATIP website where you order your GCMS notes from CIC.

Reactions: r00hi

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
It's similar to GCMS notes that we order from CIC, The only difference is it is ordered from Canadian Intelligence Agency who carry all the background checks in cordination with CBSA. If you want to apply for the notes you can request information related to your immigration file and the background check by selecting the CSIS from ATIP website where you order your GCMS notes from CIC.
CSIS notes is not similar gcms notes. It’s a single page letter which tells if you are under SS or not.

sparknotes

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
Hey guys! my AOR is May 23, 2018 and like you folks, I am also in the same boat! I am a resident of Ottawa, literally lives blocks away from all these offices and ministries. :(

I have ordered GCMS twice and there was no difference between the two documents. Recently ordered CSIS and CBSA to confirm if I am in Security Screening but haven't received those yet!

I did had an extensive travel history (In U.S. Europe and Asia) but only as a tourist and had a U.S. visa cancellation during the starting of the Trump era due to not satisfying there country tie (Despite been travelled to U.S. for over 30 times and not staying more than a week or so, what a JOKE!). Anyways, I think due to these two reasons, my PR application might be taking longer than usual (Almost 8+ months). Looks like 50% of the application gets done in 4 months, 30% within 6 months, remaining unlucky 20% within 8-14 months.

Also, I came to Canada before turning 18, so they never asked me for PCC from my Home country, instead only asked me for my RCMP clearance. Can any of you relate to any of this (Travel history, Visa cancellation or RCMP request).

Thanks! Hope our long wait ends!

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Hey guys! my AOR is May 23, 2018 and like you folks, I am also in the same boat! I am a resident of Ottawa, literally lives blocks away from all these offices and ministries. :(

I have ordered GCMS twice and there was no difference between the two documents. Recently ordered CSIS and CBSA to confirm if I am in Security Screening but haven't received those yet!

I did had an extensive travel history (In U.S. Europe and Asia) but only as a tourist and had a U.S. visa cancellation during the starting of the Trump era due to not satisfying there country tie (Despite been travelled to U.S. for over 30 times and not staying more than a week or so, what a JOKE!). Anyways, I think due to these two reasons, my PR application might be taking longer than usual (Almost 8+ months). Looks like 50% of the application gets done in 4 months, 30% within 6 months, remaining unlucky 20% within 8-14 months.

Also, I came to Canada before turning 18, so they never asked me for PCC from my Home country, instead only asked me for my RCMP clearance. Can any of you relate to any of this (Travel history, Visa cancellation or RCMP request).

Thanks! Hope our long wait ends!
Can you share the last and the most recent NOTE on your GCMS notes file. If it says " ADM/" It means you're in Security clearance.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..