+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC May 2018 applicants

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
The process for CBSA notes is similar to CIC GCMS notes.. The only difference is have to choose CBSA from the list where you choose CiC. There activities in CBSA notes are not redacted so it tells you when a request to CBSa was submitted for SS. Also they give you a screenshot of Cbsa case system in which you will see your case in progress or something. usually thats last page of the document.
Is CSIS notes also GCMS notes plus CBSA and whatever CSIS has? Or just a summary from CSIS?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Is CSIS notes also GCMS notes plus CBSA and whatever CSIS has? Or just a summary from CSIS?
CSIS does not give you anything except one page if you have active processing with them or not. CBSA and CIC gcms notes are similar except for one that CBSA does not take off the security comments that is redacted in CIC GCMS Notes. They also provide one extra page of their case system which tells you if CBSA is conducting the Screening on you.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
I completed my 11 months today. no update!

sparknotes

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
CSIS does not give you anything except one page if you have active processing with them or not. CBSA and CIC gcms notes are similar except for one that CBSA does not take off the security comments that is redacted in CIC GCMS Notes. They also provide one extra page of their case system which tells you if CBSA is conducting the Screening on you.
Mine is comprehensive security screening as well, I am May 23 AOR, CSIS had sent their report to CBSA on January 23rd, wondering how long it would take CBSA to finalize, very unfortunate that being an inland applicant I have to go through this non-sense, I have been here since even turning 18, absolute ridiculous!

sparknotes

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
Called the Call center and they are saying the officer put a deadline of November, 2019 (For AOR May, 2018) to process my file and they cannot generate a request until that deadline has not been passed! :(

Reactions: jessy87

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Called the Call center and they are saying the officer put a deadline of November, 2019 (For AOR May, 2018) to process my file and they cannot generate a request until that deadline has not been passed! :(
OMG.. the deadline is too far away.. what is your current status? Eligibility , Criminality and Security?

Reactions: jessy87

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Thanks for the feedback.

1- For A(34) I am assuming CSIS also gets involved? And they are the ones taking time?

2- Did you also order RCMP? Because they also get involved.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Thanks for the feedback.

1- For A(34) I am assuming CSIS also gets involved? And they are the ones taking time?

2- Did you also order RCMP? Because they also get involved.
1) Yes in most cases they are involved and they are not done with your checks cbsa does not go ahead with other checks.
2) No they didn’t ask me for RCMP, i believe Rcmp has role in first part of security which is also known as criminality. they search your name for in canada crimes. I Dont think they have role in comprehensive security checks.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Mine is comprehensive security screening as well, I am May 23 AOR, CSIS had sent their report to CBSA on January 23rd, wondering how long it would take CBSA to finalize, very unfortunate that being an inland applicant I have to go through this non-sense, I have been here since even turning 18, absolute ridiculous!
I understand your situation, i myself have been in Canada for last 6 Years. I am seeing many april/may applicants coming out of security screening so you will be cleared soon.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Dont worry about that for me the security deadline was 12 December 2019 but i am out haha :D

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
1) Yes in most cases they are involved and they are not done with your checks cbsa does not go ahead with other checks.
2) No they didn’t ask me for RCMP, i believe Rcmp has role in first part of security which is also known as criminality. they search your name for in canada crimes. I Dont think they have role in comprehensive security checks.
Apparently, it's not CSIS that has stations overseas but rather RCMP that does in all the countries like Pakistan, Kazakhistan, Iran, Afghanistan,.... but I see no one has asked RCMP for notes so far on the thread in regards to A(34).

sparknotes

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
Guys thanks for the encouragement, thanks @WaseemWasii , your security deadline gives me some hope. For RCMP, they have asked me to provide my fingerprints back in June, 2018 which I did provide. they never asked for police clearance from my home country as I have been in Canada before turning 18 but I had it anyways, might just toss it in via the webform today.

sparknotes

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
OMG.. the deadline is too far away.. what is your current status? Eligibility , Criminality and Security?
Everything else has been passed, criminality was passed back in January, 2019, that's when the officer put a deadline of November, 2019 I think but my CSIS have been completed as well, now it's only CBSA, I have also provided RCMP clearance, so that's been done too! Eligibility has been passed since June, 2018!