+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC MARCH 2019 AOR GROUP

postdoc_fellow1008

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

I'm newbie here, just got worried on my application.
It's been a month since I uploaded my ADR and still no change in status:

Can someone has a guess which stage I am now base below:

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Your application might be in progress but it's not necessarily reflected on your account. They don't really update in real time (I only got one update once throughout the application, about the medical exam). Next thing you now, you'll just receive a PPR e-mail (again without necessarily any update to your account). When your application is finalized and approved, that's when all the updates/progress details show up. At least that's what happened in my case.

Reactions: mau123

postdoc_fellow1008

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Is there any one received PPR / Updates for Application submitted on March last week.
My estimated time is 4 months in status bar. Please find my current status.

CEC (Myself + 2 dependent(Spouse + Kid)

AOR : 28th Mar

MEP : 13th May

Whats Next ? When.

How about you guys.
After my MEP update, the next thing I got was the PPR e-mail less than a month later without really any other updates in my account (no BG check update, etc.). All the other details (background check, eligibility review, etc. showed up AFTER my application was finalized and approved).

VishnuKumar

Aug 23, 2018
After my MEP update, the next thing I got was the PPR e-mail less than a month later without really any other updates in my account (no BG check update, etc.). All the other details (background check, eligibility review, etc. showed up AFTER my application was finalized and approved).
Congratulation buddy :).

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Thanks man! Waiting for my passport and CoPR documents to arrive. I keep refreshing the Canada Post tracking website. LOL The package is already out for delivery since a couple hours ago, so expecting it to arrive pretty soon.
Congrats, same here I'm also a postdoc, with MEP 13 MAY, rcmp status in ADR 'uploaded', no updates so far, fingers crossed, lets see hope my app follows ur pattern :) albeit each one's has it's own path. Best of luck to all of us!

postdoc_fellow1008

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Congrats, same here I'm also a postdoc, with MEP 13 MAY, rcmp status in ADR 'uploaded', no updates so far, fingers crossed, lets see hope my app follows ur pattern :) albeit each one's has it's own path. Best of luck to all of us!
Thanks. What's an ADR? Never encountered that one before. And also didn't see anything about an "RCMP status" in my account. Is that different from a background check?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Thanks. What's an ADR? Never encountered that one before. And also didn't see anything about an "RCMP status" in my account. Is that different from a background check?
ADR is additional document request, they asked for spouse's canadian police certificate from rcmp, on same day of MEP, which i uploaded on 21st May.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Thank you. The PPR e-mail was sent directly to my e-mail address, not through the CIC account like their usual correspondence. The e-mail was sent from the address "IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca" with the subject title "Ready for Visa/ Prét pour Visa," so make sure that e-mail address doesn't go to your spam folder by accident.
The email address is from Sydney visa office, no wonder your case is fast.

Last edited:

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
We got the PPR email this morning. YAY!
AOR: March 1st
Medicals approved: April 5th
Additional documents: RCMP finger prints for spouse April 12 and submitted april 23rd.
PPR email: today June 3rd.

Main applicant + 3 dependents (wife and kids)
Good luck all
Do you mind sharing which email that you received your ppr email from?

Babbal

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Everyone!!
Got a ghost update but when I went through my account Medical Status changed from Passed to

• You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
what is this? Again worried. Anyone having this kind of experience, please share.

Thank you

postdoc_fellow1008

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
The email address is from Sydney visa office, no wonder your case is fast.
I don't have any other experience with other visa offices, since all of my applications (TRVs, study permit renewals, work permit, PR) have always been done through the Ottawa offices. I'm not sure if that is a factor for speed of application.

On another note. I finally got my passport back as well as the visas today. Woohoo! I updated my timeline if anyone is interested. Basically, the processing of my application took exactly 12 weeks from submission of my documents to receiving my passport and visas.

Time to arrange a trip to the US so I can cross the border and come back.

Reactions: VishnuKumar

rahulkinge

Apr 14, 2019
Country of residence: Canada
Country of Origin: India
Inland CEC
AOR 14th March
MEP: 25th April
Ghost Update: 26th April
Ghost Update: 27th May
No PPR

But today I have received an email from Etobicoke Immigration office for landing interview with date and time.

Is it normal case and shall I consider my PR application is completed, I will get CoPR after interview?? Happy but little confused !!!

R2017

May 29, 2019
Country of residence: Canada
Country of Origin: India
Inland CEC
AOR 14th March
MEP: 25th April
Ghost Update: 26th April
Ghost Update: 27th May
No PPR

But today I have received an email from Etobicoke Immigration office for landing interview.

Is it normal case and shall I consider my PR application is completed, I will get CoPR after interview?? Happy but little confused !!!
Congratulations ..!!!! Give an interview .. you will get PR after that in few weeks/months