+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC MARCH 2019 AOR GROUP

dixita_patel

Oct 13, 2017
Hi guys! I need an advise. Tomorrow is my 6 months mark and there are no news and no updates since MEP: April 25th. I really wanna make a call to get some info about the application status, but my lawyer/representetive suggests to wait another few month before making a connection with CIC. I guess he worries it may cause a negative effect. What do you think about it? Does it make sense to give CIC a call or it's better to keep waiting?
Mine is same AOR as yours. I called them last month and got to know that I have Review required. So i ordered Notes and got to know that my Review Required is because of Job duties missing from Canadian work experience. I sent the new Employment letter with Job duties mentioned and now awaiting for their response back.
I will complete the 6 Months period on March 12. Will wait for few days after March 12 and call CIC then.

Paul Hudson

Sep 9, 2019
Mine is same AOR as yours. I called them last month and got to know that I have Review required. So i ordered Notes and got to know that my Review Required is because of Job duties missing from Canadian work experience. I sent the new Employment letter with Job duties mentioned and now awaiting for their response back.
I will complete the 6 Months period on March 12. Will wait for few days after March 12 and call CIC then.
So you wanna say they didn't ask you anything until you called them?? That's strange... I thought they should make a request if more docs/clarification is needed

dixita_patel

Oct 13, 2017
So you wanna say they didn't ask you anything until you called them?? That's strange... I thought they should make a request if more docs/clarification is needed
I wish they would do that. But when I called them, the CIC agent were nice enough, they at least told me that mine is under Review Required.

Paul Hudson

Sep 9, 2019
I wish they would do that. But when I called them, the CIC agent were nice enough, they at least told me that mine is under Review Required.
But how did you know that something goes wrong? Did agent tell you that? I mean, "review required" doesn't automatically mean bad things, right?

dixita_patel

Oct 13, 2017
But how did you know that something goes wrong? Did agent tell you that? I mean, "review required" doesn't automatically mean bad things, right?
Well I don't know if Review Required means bad always or not. But upon going through lot of forums, got to know that this Review required is a bit risky.
Agents would tell you only if you ask them about the reason of RR. Not every officer would share the detailed reason on our file. Although if there's something written on our file, the agents will tell you upon asking.

Paul Hudson

Sep 9, 2019
Well I don't know if Review Required means bad always or not. But upon going through lot of forums, got to know that this Review required is a bit risky.
Agents would tell you only if you ask them about the reason of RR. Not every officer would share the detailed reason on our file. Although if there's something written on our file, the agents will tell you upon asking.
Ok, I see... Thanks, for sharing your experience. Good luck with your PR! Probably, I will call cic this week. Need at least some info about the processing status. Hopefully, nothing's bad there)

dixita_patel

Oct 13, 2017
Ok, I see... Thanks, for sharing your experience. Good luck with your PR! Probably, I will call cic this week. Need at least some info about the processing status. Hopefully, nothing's bad there)
No problem. Sure, go ahead and call them. I will also call after few days.

Roh99

Jun 25, 2019
Hi guys! I need an advise. Tomorrow is my 6 months mark and there are no news and no updates since MEP: April 25th. I really wanna make a call to get some info about the application status, but my lawyer/representetive suggests to wait another few month before making a connection with CIC. I guess he worries it may cause a negative effect. What do you think about it? Does it make sense to give CIC a call or it's better to keep waiting?
Hi, if you call in to their number the first thing you’ll hear is the agents don’t have anything to do with their application/they can’t speed up the process. I’ve had over 3-4 calls from past 3 months and I must say that not every agent is helpful and couple of them were kind to share better details others were saying oh you called before don’t call us if there’s anything you’ll receive an update.

Are you sure if we talk to agent it will impact negatively delaying our application per your lawyer? If that is the case then I’d never call.

Roh99

Jun 25, 2019
Hi guys, could you please share the answers for the following:
a) do some receive physical mail or email ? The letter is about asking to come for interview depending on the location city where we live in Toronto?
b) Any members around Toronto/Ontario who waited over 1-2 months for the email/mail after 6 months of time?
c) do they send email in the morning/afternoon/evening generally?
d) did any member here requested gems notes after 6 months when they said all passed. And if you received it what was the reason for delay?

Sorry for too many questions but I think truly many may have will have same thoughts and if you all can kindly share then it will help a lot with positive motivation. Don’t think some members like us aren’t lucky to have everything approved in 2/3/4 months like most in express Entry even if they reside outside.

Thank you in advance.

Paul Hudson

Sep 9, 2019
Hi, if you call in to their number the first thing you’ll hear is the agents don’t have anything to do with their application/they can’t speed up the process. I’ve had over 3-4 calls from past 3 months and I must say that not every agent is helpful and couple of them were kind to share better details others were saying oh you called before don’t call us if there’s anything you’ll receive an update.

Are you sure if we talk to agent it will impact negatively delaying our application per your lawyer? If that is the case then I’d never call.
No, I am not sure... for me it seems like there are no risks as long as you talk to an agent not an officer, right? But I don't know why my lawyer believes it's better not to call, unless you 100% sure your application is strong and has no weak spots, which is not that often. Anyways, he's an experienced guy, so, probobly, it's better to follow his advise. I didn't receive any documents request from cic during this 6 months period, which is, hopefully, a possitive sign but we'll see

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
To be honest, I think that calling to IRCC doesn't work or help us speed up our application because the IRCC's agents don't do anything to do with our application. They just tell us exactly the same things that are mentioned in our CIC account. What you have in your CIC account, what they're gonna tell you. Other than that, no negative effect/impact can be made on your application.

Tacopilot

Sep 12, 2019
Hi All,

I got my AOR on 6th March'19 and not received PPR mail while 6months were completed on 6th September. Filled up the web form 6 days back and yet no progress. Any suggestions ?

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hi All,

I got my AOR on 6th March'19 and not received PPR mail while 6months were completed on 6th September. Filled up the web form 6 days back and yet no progress. Any suggestions ?
Just wait for the reply. Or try calling them and ask for an update.

sdsam

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Hi All,

Sometimes it takes more than 6 months. Some people got it after 8 or 10 months.
Although no harm in calling to get the update