CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-03-2019
Passport Req..
18-07-2019
The agent you got to talk to is so nice then. All of the agent to got to talk to either are too mean or just don’t want to give more information. Once I called at around 3:20pm and I got connected to an agent at 3:55 pm and the agent refused to open my file and he told me to go online to check what I want and don’t call unless I reach the 6 month period.

I was asked the same thing the first time around when I called. The agent however was quite nice, charming and very helpful.

This time around, the agent was wondering what he could possibly do to help me since I could see everything online but I explained exactly what I was looking for and he gave me all the information.

amji105

Sep 26, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-03-2019
Passport Req..
18-07-2019
I also blurted out that I've heard bad things about the Edmonton VO and he said that every case is different and the processing time can vary based on that.

But based on anecdotal evidence, it's quite clear that there are some serious operational issues that need to be addressed by CIC over there.

Too bad that our applications ended up there.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Wow. That's rude! But yeahh they always ask me if I see stuff online and I say YES, but can you give update on... bla bla bla
That agent he refused to open my file cuz I guess it’s his time to get off work and he had many calls after me too I think, I could understand that but he’s so so mean, and he kept on asking me what it says online or whether I got accessed to my online account and in the end told me to wait and told me only 2 months passed but it’s actually almost 3 months. After having that experience, I’m kind of scared when I call ircc and call them early, don’t call after 3pm.

Gary_li

Feb 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
7 March 2019
That agent he refused to open my file cuz I guess it’s his time to get off work and he had many calls after me too I think, I could understand that but he’s so so mean, and he kept on asking me what it says online or whether I got accessed to my online account and in the end told me to wait and told me only 2 months passed but it’s actually almost 3 months. After having that experience, I’m kind of scared when I call ircc and call them early, don’t call after 3pm.
and they have all history of note request and call, said why you call only 1-month later.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
I also blurted out that I've heard bad things about the Edmonton VO and he said that every case is different and the processing time can vary based on that.

But based on anecdotal evidence, it's quite clear that there are some serious operational issues that need to be addressed by CIC over there.

Too bad that our applications ended up there.
Yea, just don’t know how they sort out which application to go to which visa office. My case is pretty simple, one year working permit and I have stayed in Canada for 9 years and I only travel to China 3 times during my time in Canada.
And some people having their applications in Edmonton and reaching 6 months period only few days left and nothing has started except for passing the medical exam. They said they called but ircc told them to wait, that’s all.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Yea, just don’t know how they sort out which application to go to which visa office. My case is pretty simple, one year working permit and I have stayed in Canada for 9 years and I only travel to China 3 times during my time in Canada.
And some people having their applications in Edmonton and reaching 6 months period only few days left and nothing has started except for passing the medical exam. They said they called but ircc told them to wait, that’s all.
As sad as it's sounds, I think they might be profiling people based on their country of origin, race, religion, etc..
Then I won’t call again until the end of June. Actually I think until this stage, calling them makes no difference, I already know what I need to know.
Actually... I might do the same... I don't want to be suspicious or anything because of calls..

amji105

Sep 26, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-03-2019
Passport Req..
18-07-2019
As sad as it's sounds, I think they might be profiling people based on their country of origin, race, religion, etc..

Actually... I might do the same... I don't want to be suspicious or anything because of calls..

To a certain extent yes. They absolutely profile people based on their race and country of origin based on a multitude of factors.It could be due to the political situation, civil wars.

I can understand when security would take a long time for certain people from certain countries but why they take so long with eligibility is anybody's guess man.

The dashboard on immitracker shows the average wait times for PPR for applicants from different nationalities.

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
To a certain extent yes. They absolutely profile people based on their race and country of origin based on a multitude of factors.It could be due to the political situation, civil wars.

I can understand when security would take a long time for certain people from certain countries but why they take so long with eligibility is anybody's guess man.

The dashboard on immitracker shows the average wait times for PPR for applicants from different nationalities.
Yes, I agree.

vishnuvu

Sep 21, 2018
Called CIC agent yesterday.
Criminality: Pass
Eligibility: In Process
Background: Started yet.
VO : Edmonton

Profile progess bar changed to 18 weeks today.
Express Entry / CEC / PNP/INLAND
1 Dependent
ITA Jan 30, 2019
AOR MARCH 28

May 8,2019
Application/Profile Updated
No Email
Status bar came in the profile.
Background check changed from NOT APPLICABLE to We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
and no medical update
And May 14, Application/Profile Updated no email...
We passed the medical exam..
May 16 RPRF request as an ADR and paid and submitted the fee receipt on May 18.... After 2 days ADR changed to Not Applicable...
Today I called CIC and they said that ELIGIBILITY, MEDICAL, CRIMINAL baground check passed and completed
SECURITY check is need to be started and completed by some agency... application processing at Sydney, Nova Scotia....
Mine is same...status bar changed to 18 weeks from 4 months...

Reactions: jojee2k6 and mau123

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
1 Dependent
ITA Jan 30, 2019
AOR MARCH 28

May 8,2019
No Email
Background check changed from NOT APPLICABLE to We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
and no medical update
May 16 RPRF request as an ADR and paid and submitted the fee receipt on May 18.... After 2 days ADR changed to Not Applicable...
Today I called CIC and they said that ELIGIBILITY, MEDICAL, CRIMINAL baground check passed and completed
SECURITY check is need to be started and completed by some agency... application processing at Sydney, Nova Scotia....
Same VO, called CIC on wednesday, agent said both criminality and eligibility are in process, security not started, ADR of RCMP was uploaded on 21st March, which was requested on 13th March, until today ADR status is 'Uploaded', neither 'reviewed' nor 'NA'. Timeline though just changed to 18 weeks (but this is auto counter, so not bothering it). My travel history is long though 5 years schengen travel and Gulf, also family of 3, with last 12 yr xp as outland goes to personal history, albeit 1 yr canadian xp and holding valid job offer. Overall I think CIO sydney is better like ottawa and unlike edmonton. But all varies at level of each individual case. Last but not the least, it's just 2 months passed :) hope to hear something next week or soon, fingers crossed, best of luck to all.

Sahba_e

Mar 10, 2019
I was also asked for RPRF, but didn’t find anywhere in application to upload the proof of payment and ended up calling CIC and sending a webform, but nothing has changed in my profile since then.
Where did you submit the proof of online payment? Is it showing in your profile ? P

1 Dependent
ITA Jan 30, 2019
AOR MARCH 28

May 8,2019
No Email
and no medical update

kerryv

Apr 8, 2019
We got the PPR email this morning. YAY!
AOR: March 1st
Medicals approved: April 5th
Additional documents: RCMP finger prints for spouse April 12 and submitted april 23rd.
PPR email: today June 3rd.

Main applicant + 3 dependents (wife and kids)
Good luck all

Last edited:

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
We got the PPR email this morning. YAY!
AOR: March 1st
Medicals approved: April 5th
Additional documents: RCMP tiger prints for spouse April 12 and submitted april 23rd.
PPR email: today June 3rd.

Main applicant + 3 dependents (wife and kids)
Good luck all
Big big congrats you guys!!! Would you mind sharing your background? Like how long you guys been in Canada? Are you inland? Big congrats!!!

Reactions: VishnuKumar