+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC MARCH 2018 APPLICANTS

Diya_17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
I did submit letter of explanation and reference letter from my employer last week.
I have another question, I have to travel in the month of November to India. Is it advisable?

Also what is the process after receiving mail.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I did submit letter of explanation and reference letter from my employer last week.
I have another question, I have to travel in the month of November to India. Is it advisable?

Also what is the process after receiving mail.
Yeah you can travel... if you get the PPR email, you can check by when you need submit your passport at the max... if the date falls beyond your return from India.. you can request(by using the same CSE) to extend the passport submission date, or alternately you can request them to let you submit the passport in India for visa stamping...

Since you have submitted the LoR last week, can you request for GCMS notes by early next week...

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
This forum was awesome. Thanks to it I completely submitted my application and finally got my card today. As you can see below, my application was not perfect and devoid of slight errors on my part. Hang in there, I stressed out a lot just like you probably did but eventually phase 1 is all over. See you again in phase 2 for the citizenship.

Draw point Jan - 444
My score - 481

Jan 11th - EE profile submitted

Jan 11th - Invitation to apply received

Jan 11th - Accepted invitation to apply

March 20th- Submitted Application

March 20th- AOR received

March 21st Eligibility - we are reviewing your eligibility

March 21st - BG - NA 1

March 28th - Medicals passed

March 28th - BG- we are processing your background check IP 1 most likely IP 2 due to the wording. IP 1 must have been skipped

March 28th- UCI NUMBER - changed to number starting with 9 ( My regular UCI) -

March 29th - got an email informing me that my account was updated.

April 6th - RPRF request . Paid on the same day.

April 8th - the additional documents you provided have been uploaded

April 9th - We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

April 13th - Sent of CSE LOE about visa refusal I forgot to include in original application

April 20th - Sent CSE LOE regarding work as part time student I forgot to include in original application

April 24th - b2 Visa refusal CSE attached to file.

May 2nd- 2nd loe attached to file

May 3rd - Sent LOE listing all personal activities as a student just to be safe.

May 18th- LOE listing all personal activities as a student received and attached to file

July 12th - Review of additional documents - Not applicable

July 17th - Passport request - PPR

COPR

July 18th - passport sent to CPCO Ottawa

July 19th - passport received by CPCO Ottawa

July 20th- passport return tracker on Canada post activated, document status section with counter foil showed up on profile , current status changed to approved.

July 21st - received an email that my account has been updated

July 23rd - Received COPR in mail.

August 2nd - inland landing at Rainbow bridge Niagara

August 2nd - Confirmation of Permanent Resident residence showed up under document status, biometric number, enrolment date and expiry date showed up in the applicant information section.

August 2nd- Linked PR card to application - Status - Pending registration - submitted

September 18- email that app was updated. Status for pr card shows approved and status updated on the 17th

September 24- received Pr card in mail

Diya_17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
That’s good to know that you got PR.
Just a quick question. How do you know that when LOE was attached to the file. Did you receive an update about the same.

I sent LOE on 19 Sep, so just wondering thatvwill I get a notification as to when it got attached..

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
That’s good to know that you got PR.
Just a quick question. How do you know that when LOE was attached to the file. Did you receive an update about the same.

I sent LOE on 19 Sep, so just wondering thatvwill I get a notification as to when it got attached..
You get an email letting you know it has been attached to your file. Probably around 10 days or so.

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
have reached 7 months today..hope to get gcms notes mid of the month to shed some light on where i am at..

Diya_17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
My work permit is expiring on 11 Jan 2019 and I am still waiting for my PR.
AOR was 13 Feb 2018.

I want to apply BOWP, before doing so I have a quick question that simply renewing my WP is the route or BOWP. A BOWP is valid for how long?

Please suggest!!

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
AOR was 13 Feb 2018.

I want to apply BOWP, before doing so I have a quick question that simply renewing my WP is the route or BOWP. A BOWP is valid for how long?

Please suggest!!
while you are waiting for PR you can apply for BOWP..and it is valid for 1 year

Diya_17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
while you are waiting for PR you can apply for BOWP..and it is valid for 1 year
Thanks!!
Just want to know can i apply for regular renewal of WP which is of 2 years or not instead of BOWP?

Which one is recommended ?

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Thanks!!
Just want to know can i apply for regular renewal of WP which is of 2 years or not instead of BOWP?

Which one is recommended ?
I am not sure about WP for 2 years..ask legalfalcon for a legal advice here on the forum :)

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
AOR was 13 Feb 2018.

Please suggest!!

Is your current work permit a closed permit with your employers name on it or is it an open work permit? Is it a post grad work permit ? If it’s is, then you will need a BOWP. This would usually be for around a year. It is just to let you work till they make a decision on your application. I think the duration might also depend on the duration of your current work permit but I’m not too sure about that.